• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Levy needs to hold firm on the value of Toby which I believe is about £75m.

It's funny United thinking he's worth much less due to the contract situation but the value we have is the reduced price based on the contract situation.

If we was signed up on a long term deal he would firstly not be for sale and that stance could only be tested with a bid of around £125m.

When you throw into this United's behaviour with regards martial, we should not be selling Toby for a penny less than £75m.

Otherwise keep him, he'll be good squad depth for the season with 4 competitions and then we'll take the £25m for the then 30 year old next summer.

We would have then got decent service out of him whilst paying him very low wages during his tenure.

It's funny United thinking he's worth much less due to the contract situation but the value we have is the reduced price based on the contract situation.

If we was signed up on a long term deal he would firstly not be for sale and that stance could only be tested with a bid of around £125m.

When you throw into this United's behaviour with regards martial, we should not be selling Toby for a penny less than £75m.

Otherwise keep him, he'll be good squad depth for the season with 4 competitions and then we'll take the £25m for the then 30 year old next summer.

We would have then got decent service out of him whilst paying him very low wages during his tenure.

Not even City would be mad enough to pay 125 mill for 30 year old defender

Just had a notification on my phone that we’re prepared to listen to offers on Toby, Rose and Dembele according to Sky

Poor guy. We should all feel sorry for him. It's bordering criminal that he has had to spend several years at Spurs, earning next to nothing, when it is Manure that is his boyhood dream.

Poor guy. We should all feel sorry for him. It's bordering criminal that he has had to spend several years at Spurs, earning next to nothing, when it is Manure that is his boyhood dream.

To be fair, it’s difficult to know the full situation.

On one hand, we know that Poch has a near zero threshold for dis-loyalty but it’s difficult to know from the outside whether that view is reasonable to keep unity or alternatively unreasonably draconian. It seems lower than other managers certainly.

On the other, TA has moved club to club to move up the ladder and this might be another step. He’s not demonstrably rude or disruptive but he might well be ambitious and scheming internally.

Feels to me that we’re always going to face this situation and that of Walker last summer until we both can show (and are willing to show) the ambition to win the PL and actually buy some top players. It might be that we just can’t afford to compete with Man C, Manu and perhaps Liverpool and we just challenge for 4th every year in which case fine, but we’ll regularly have this situation and just need to accept that we’ll be a stepping stone for some players. What player wouldn’t want to win the league?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He seems to have fallen out with poch so staying doesn't seem to be an option.I think 75m is pure fantasy.We would be lucky to get 40mill from anyone in europe and 50 mill from utd.Anyway with utd seemingly calling our bluff with mina i can see him going to europe for 35-40 after our window shuts.

To be fair, it’s difficult to know the full situation.

On one hand, we know that Poch has a near zero threshold for dis-loyalty but it’s difficult to know from the outside whether that view is reasonable to keep unity or alternatively unreasonably draconian. It seems lower than other managers certainly.

On the other, TA has moved club to club to move up the ladder and this might be another step. He’s not demonstrably rude or disruptive but he might well be ambitious and scheming internally.

Feels to me that we’re always going to face this situation and that of Walker last summer until we both can show (and are willing to show) the ambition to win the PL and actually buy some top players. It might be that we just can’t afford to compete with Man C, Manu and perhaps Liverpool and we just challenge for 4th every year in which case fine, but we’ll regularly have this situation and just need to accept that we’ll be a stepping stone for some players. What player wouldn’t want to win the league?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I couldn't care less what the situation might be. I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for him.

He seems to have fallen out with poch so staying doesn't seem to be an option.I think 75m is pure fantasy.We would be lucky to get 40mill from anyone in europe and 50 mill from utd.Anyway with utd seemingly calling our bluff with mina i can see him going to europe for 35-40 after our window shuts.

Agree that £75m is wishful thinking, however I cant see him leaving after our window has shut unless we sign a replacement in the next 6.5 days

We should agree a straight swap deal with Ajax for De Ligt. Tell him that's his only option for this year

He commutes back to Antwerp most weeks already and becoming a new father might make him even more homesick

I have no issue with keeping him this summer, and letting him go for £25m next year. Doesnt bother me.

A full season of a top class CB, and then £25m is worth more to me than getting £40-50m now and throwing that same money straight at a rookie in the hope he hits the ground running.

Back