• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

Your source is yourself.
Out of interest, how do you know that these monies were accounted for last season?

I just kept track of all the reported figures at the time.

The specifics aren't that important. The point is just that we can't double count that £26-27m. We either had net zero spend again last summer and start at zero again now, or we are £26-27m in deficit from last summer and still have that money to come in; but not both.

The money for Bentaleb, Fazio and Njie went into last summer's budget (as they were loans to perms) and were used to fund the Sissoko signing.

You can't double count that money.

Impossible. Tottenham announced the triggering of the Schalke deal in March/April so you are incorrect to say that was already accrued and part of incoming fees in August 2016. They paid an initial fee, no idea what but the fee due on permanent transfer was £16m. Fazio and N'jie are going to be the same and N'jie hasn't even had his fee published yet for permanent transfer.

There is no way Poch will want three strikers in the squad, there is no need.

I would disagree. September to November last season might also disagree. Might not need to be an out an out forward but I definitely think he will look at someone who can play that role as well as elsewhere across the front.

I would disagree. September to November last season might also disagree. Might not need to be an out an out forward but I definitely think he will look at someone who can play that role as well as elsewhere across the front.

Have you looked at the results when Kane was out?? We didn't lose a league game IIRC

The issue was losing Toby who left a massive hole on the defence

Have you looked at the results when Kane was out?? We didn't lose a league game IIRC

The issue was losing Toby who left a massive hole on the defence

Off hand we drew 5 in a row and didn't concede a massive amount of goals but hardly scored any either. 2-0 City, 0-0 Bournemouth, 0-0 Leverkusen, 0-1 Leverkusen, 1-1 WBA, 1-1 Leicester, 1-2 Liverpool just some of the results. Doesn't indicate missing a CB to my mind. We ended up rushing Kane back for the NLD and he scored but it was a good job we had two weeks off after that cos he was ran into the ground.

I just want to see options. I don't want us to lack for quality if Kane is injured again and the CL games are coming thick and fast with League Cup commitments.

And you think we would be able to keep 3 CF's happy when we usually only play with one up front? We have Son to play across the line. It would be a waste of money and lead to at least one unhappy player and i would be gobsmacked if Poch does not see that as well.

Off hand we drew 5 in a row and didn't concede a massive amount of goals but hardly scored any either. 2-0 City, 0-0 Bournemouth, 0-0 Leverkusen, 0-1 Leverkusen, 1-1 WBA, 1-1 Leicester, 1-2 Liverpool just some of the results. Doesn't indicate missing a CB to my mind. We ended up rushing Kane back for the NLD and he scored but it was a good job we had two weeks off after that cos he was ran into the ground.

I just want to see options. I don't want us to lack for quality if Kane is injured again and the CL games are coming thick and fast with League Cup commitments.

Go back and look at the start of that run where we did win games and Toby was playing

When Toby got injured we ended up with the games we didn't win

Toby makes a huge difference as we know as the whole team plays a couple of yards further forward

We battered leiceter who scored with their only shot, same with West Brom. You could argue we needed Kane to play to win which would be fair but we also should have defended our leads better. pool was in the cup with a very make shift side. Leverkusen away was actually a good result but at home they scored from 1 of their 2 on target

We can't IMO another striker of Kane's quality and keep them happy with the lack of games they will get

One thing going for us is youth, or more precisely potential. If Eriksen could get up to top form on game #3 instead of game #12, if son more clinical, trippier better defending etc... I know it's asking a lot from Poch but it's what he does best, and if he can realise it I'm sure we are going to be challenging for the title again.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

One thing going for us is youth, or more precisely potential. If Eriksen could get up to top form on game #3 instead of game #12, if son more clinical, trippier better defending etc... I know it's asking a lot from Poch but it's what he does best, and if he can realise it I'm sure we are going to be challenging for the title again.

Maybe not having everyone away this summer will help

Eriksen does get into full flow until his summer hair weave has stabilised

Back