• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Another thing to say is that our draws against West Brom and Bournemouth now look half decent, despite being frustrating at the time. West Brom pushing for the top 6 and Bournemouth beating Liverpool....

Definitely a frustrating draw at home to Leceister and the CL run...but we're actually sitting pretty good.

Leicester was awful

They were marginally better than Swansea for me... more organised but created feck all

other than the cl debacle we have been ok but we have paid a price for not buying an experienced back up to kane in the summer.There may have been no long term value in bringing in a Shane long or a defoe but that is not the be all and end all.

other than the cl debacle we have been ok but we have paid a price for not buying an experienced back up to kane in the summer.There may have been no long term value in bringing in a Shane long or a defoe but that is not the be all and end all.

Shane long isn't getting a game at a much weaker side than us

The issue wasn't about the striker it was what was happening behind.

Every team would suffer losing the best centre back on the league and probably the second best striker (in a team that plays one up)

City showed the impact two seasons ago when they lost Komoany and aguero

I think it shows the value of not having european matches, Chelsea have the benefit of it this season, we looked so good yesterday and poch said the players benefited from a full week training together. I am up at Wembley on Wednesday and frankly I think we would have our best chance of competing for the league title or top 4 by being knocked out of Europe all together.

The only reason Leicester won the league last season was because they had no european midweek football.

Shane long isn't getting a game at a much weaker side than us

The issue wasn't about the striker it was what was happening behind.

Every team would suffer losing the best centre back on the league and probably the second best striker (in a team that plays one up)

City showed the impact two seasons ago when they lost Komoany and aguero

I agree we were not creating enough while kane was out, I do feel personally that squad rotation is more important then Poch. We also needed the players who were not playing in the Euros to start the season on fire, Lamela and Eriksen failed in this, we also had a lot of our squad play in the euros.

I agree we were not creating enough while kane was out, I do feel personally that squad rotation is more important then Poch. We also needed the players who were not playing in the Euros to start the season on fire, Lamela and Eriksen failed in this, we also had a lot of our squad play in the euros.

I said it last season

This season is the hardest as expectations have changed and we have not had a real pre season again due to the euros and olympics

Add in injuries to our world class players and the Wembley factor and to be where we arw actually is impressive but I'm sure to get shot down

It may have been different if some of our players had good euros but in reality the only player that's side achieved anything or note was our reserve Left back

Lamela was at the Copa America so didn't have a break either.

Really? Can you remind me if you are the type of chap who cannot bring themselves to use an emoji? Because this statement is screaming out for one.

I feel like your saying that i am stating the obvious.

I shall shrug my shoulders and go into the other room and make a cup of tea.

C0C9nKcXEAEb5I2.jpg

Although they get a longer break beforehand (as we do obviously), that schedule over the New Year is tough for Southampton. I am surprised they didnt put a request in for their game on the 2nd to be put back a day

Get our excuses in early :)

I feel like we are getting back to state where we can get a result against anybody. But do we have the squad to do it regularly, game in and out? A few things for me:
  • We did so well getting out wide last game, but only seem to commit Rose and Walker to that area each side of the box. I think we'd be that much more effective if we worked on coordinating attacks with others joining the FBs in that area. It would allow us to get in behind against teams that defend deep.
  • I can't decide if we are missing Dembele-Dier in the middle or not. I guess what we saw in that was a stable complementary partnership. Most liked it. Of course we understand Wanyama is excellent too, and deserves to play. So this is Poch's conundrum. Do Wanyama and Dembele work well together? Is Dembele fit?
  • Sorting that midfield core is vital to us.
  • Belief and precision up front. We've looked hesitant in attack. Lacking belief in movement, apprehensive passes - as players are not sure runs are being made - and some nervous finishing. Poch needs to recognise this so it can be worked on.
A few IFs, but we don't have chel$ea or the other top teams resources...so IF the team can stay more settled now, if Janssen, Lamela and Toby come back in good form and if Poch can get the midfield and forwards singing again, then we will get CL, and should have a good pop at the EL.

Just dug up this thread as the picture has changed somewhat.

One of city and united ain't gonna make it that seems certain .

Back