• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***The official health and fitness thread***

He guided me through different sets of exercises, but now that I've finished the 20 sessions, I know how to do the exercises but don't have a future plan. I don't know what days to do what exercises, and so it's all a bit disorganised. He's a great personal trainer, motivates me to work hard, and ensures that my form is good but I don't have the finances to keep paying for sessions.

could offer to suck him off, I am convinced mine is a poof or maybe he is like all straight men and just fancies me

So I have been working out pretty hard for just over a month and I have to say the the weakness that had started to creep in on my left hand side of my body has gone and it is full strength and as that is the side with my problem it is now even stronger then the right side. Never thought I would enjoy the gym but am loving it.

Despite my age(52) and now having a medical issue, I am in pretty good health and enjoying life and being positive.

Do not know about you guys but healthy eating is the hardest part for me because I love a takeaway. I have made a few soups which I am pleased with and her indoors is very keen on making sure we eat healthy so makes some good meals.

Anyone got any tips for healthy eating? was thinking something like making my own homemade granola bars.

So I tried some new drugs last night, slept till about 2 hours ago, never slept for 18 hours in my life before, took me about ten minutes to tinkle as so much came out and my throat feels like it is on fire, my head is fuzzy as brick but apart from that i feel great haha

Think i might go throw up and have a shower

So I have been working out pretty hard for just over a month and I have to say the the weakness that had started to creep in on my left hand side of my body has gone and it is full strength and as that is the side with my problem it is now even stronger then the right side. Never thought I would enjoy the gym but am loving it.

Despite my age(52) and now having a medical issue, I am in pretty good health and enjoying life and being positive.

Do not know about you guys but healthy eating is the hardest part for me because I love a takeaway. I have made a few soups which I am pleased with and her indoors is very keen on making sure we eat healthy so makes some good meals.

Anyone got any tips for healthy eating? was thinking something like making my own homemade granola bars.

Healthy eating is a clam. Especially when mates want to go some place to eat! So then you end up ripping up your good week for some pizza which ends up tasting like brick and not at all worth breaking your diet for. I think time spent with mates is the hardest. If I'm by myself, I could go days without eating as I never really feel the need.

I think best option would be to get lots of healthy snacks, fruits etc and then there's always something to have when you feel like you want something. Fill the fridge with good food. Probably harder when you have a family, but doesn't totally restrict hour choices. You are the one with control of what food you have in the house, so make the right decisions for you.

Well done on building up your left hand side. You sure it's all the gym? Or been too busy Quagmire style with a bowl of custard and a rubber glove?

I am not a runner more of a cyclist. But managed a 5 mile run today, still doing my weights. I oddly feel i am the fittest i have ever been.

I turned 50 a couple of weeks ago, and keep a couple of potential health issues at bay with diet and exercise. I have found that making sure your house has whole foods in it, making sure that you predominantly eat whole foods and simple stuff not doubling up on carbs at meals combined with exercise is the best way. Have the odd takeaway. It won't kill you. What can kill you quicker is the stress of not having the odd takeaway!!!!! But then make sure when you have most of your meals, you keep it balanced. Bread and potatoes or bread and pasta at the same meal? Not so much. Rice & beans? Nah, beans. Enjoy the occasional dessert but not if you've already loaded up on spuds, bread or pasta. I keep type 2 diabetes at bay without medication and applying myself to a lifestyle which includes healthier eating and exercise. I lost 30lbs in 2012 and have kept it off. There might well come a time when meds will figure in my life, but for now it's managed...I did just enjoy a piece of birthday cake we froze with a nice cuppa after dinner, only because dinner was chicken and broccoli!!!!!! Anyway, you get the idea. Oh, and lot of water. I need to re-up my water intake. But what millsy's said about lifestyle versus all these 'diets' is bang on. Glad you're doing well Chich!

What a let down, I was expecting Health and Efficiency with lots of pictures of naked young ladies playing volleyball and table tennis

Well steff it was absolutely freezing cold as you would expect, I swear I nearly lost my breath. It is not like at a spar where you could run into a sauna afterwards. But I have to say I do not think it was a placebo effect(the is science to support it) I felt better. The wife went to get rid of wrinkles on the face.

But as you know I have more serious issues, also last year I had quite bad problems with my Achilles which are not actually related to my ongoing problems, well the has been a bruise on my Achilles ever since which no amount of stretching can get out, tonight is the lowest I have seen it in well over a year, so the inflammation is well done thank to the cyro therapy.

I liked it enough despite the initial shock at just how fudging cold it was, I feel lifted and apparently it is good for mental health issues as well. I booked for a month long treatment one a day, though I will only be up in London about 12 times in the next month. The assistant who was with me the whole time told me that people have shown real improvements or a slow down in any long term issues they have. I can quite believe it and highly recommend it and can see why so many sports people are doing it.

You know when someone gets bashed, to stop the swelling they put ice on it and cool it down... I was thinking about this earlier... surely there is a good reason the body reacts like this i.e. the swelling and heat could be a rush of blood to the site, to bring as much wellbeing to the site as possible... yet our reaction is always to put ice on it and try to stop that reaction. I wonder if this idea will be stopped one day, e.g. a player takes a knock and they never put ice on it, they encourage heat/swelling.

Reminds me of a podcast I listened to 6 months ago. There was some striker like Keegan or Toshack or Rush, can't remember. He tore his hamstring before a cup final and was told he had absolutely no chance of making the final. So he went off to some crazy Dutch (I think) doctor/physio who warned him it would be the most painful thing ever... the physio proceeded to push, rip, stretch, pound his hamstrings and rip all the fibres and cause a lot of damage and then massage and massage and massage and get a lot of bloodflow to the site and of course at first the injury was much worse, but a couple of days later it felt better and later that week he played in the cup final.

Have had a problem with my Achilies for a while now, I have an acupuncturist and a masseuse the masseuse recommended me this Got to say it has really helped and I recommend it.

Back