• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

What I don't like with boxing is the abuse when someone pulls out of a fight for injury.

A bloke can't or should not get in the ring unless they are fully fit and all the "bottle" job stuff for fighters who have had over 30 odd fights is just bullsheet

What I don't like with boxing is the abuse when someone pulls out of a fight for injury.

A bloke can't or should not get in the ring unless they are fully fit and all the "bottle" job stuff for fighters who have had over 30 odd fights is just bullsheet
A grown man going training on the diet of a 12 year old girl is ridiculous though.

I know someone that trained in his gym and apparently its the opposite, he is too intense and with his muscle level he needs to rest in between training more than he does.

Too much weight training and strain with lack of rest days.

(I would blame his Vegan diet but that might create a riot) Kidding

I take it back then but surely he should realise this by now and adjust his training or his medical people should notice this with all the data they have. He seems to constantly be out of gas or pulling out of fights.

I take it back then but surely he should realise this by now and adjust his training or his medical people should notice this with all the data they have. He seems to constantly be out of gas or pulling out of fights.

Ego though, loves to look good and his body is all to him.

All in all he is a broken man

Anybody see David Price fight last night? Listening to him afterwards, he more or less said the Fury fight isn't going to happen.

I can't understand this guy's mentality, he should be screaming for this fight. Given Fury's profile there'd be no pressure on Price at all, everyone would be expecting him to lose, so a defeat at that level wouldn't necessarily be crippling for him. A few days ago he seemed to be fending it off too, saying he wanted two or three fights first. Now it'd be all well and good for him to squeeze another warm-up fight in first, maybe even two, but the only real way this fight makes sense is as Fury's comeback fight. There's even a ready-made story if Fury/Bellew is pencilled in for fight no.2 - Fury having to go through Bellew's gatekeeper, like Bellew himself did before the Haye fight. But Fury's not going to want to be messing around with Price much after that. Just doesn't sound like Price wants it to me, which is disapppointing.

Last edited:
Good to see gooner Degale take a well-deserved loss last night. I was a bit worried he was going to get given a dodgy decision, but the judges got it right.

Saw Lomachencko beat Rigondeaux this weekend, Loma has only been in 10 fights but his skill is extraordinary and he was literally dancing round his opponent, great defensive ability, this is a legend in the making.

Lomachencko is my fav boxer out there, he is just off the scale. Rigon quiting on his stool was bad, those Cubans are mental, always something wrong, remember a few quiting when it got tough

Degale, his issue always has been that he looks lethargic in fights and his flurry of punches never look hurtful to the point it looks like he is cruising.

Fury, HW boxing needs him back, still not sure he will be but it does need him because despite the hype its clear AJ has yet to have a meaningful fight aside from Wlad.

Groves v Eubank Jnr in Feb just announced

Looking forward to this, should be a great fight. Lot of people saying Groves is over the hill but he's got a good punch and Eubank Jnr is stepping up in weight. Wonder what his old man will say if he loses, he was on the radio the other day saying fighting Billy Joe again would be a step down for him.

Just watching his fight last night and Lemieux didn't even win a round for me, looked very quick and had a decent punch as well. I wonder if he'll go for Jacobs and then the winner of GGG V Canela II.

Back