• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

difference in cardio - floyd just waited and tasted conor's power, then drew him all the way in. IMO it was always a battle of two egos/martial artists, conor was never gonna box, just fight - and a make whole bundle of cash
McGregor didn't have any power though - not by boxing standards. Some of his early punches should have ended the fight but Mayweather didn't even flinch.

He was way short on fitness too. If he wasn't such a stupid clam he'd have known that and not spent 6 rounds punching Mayweather's arms/gloves.

McGregor didn't have any power though - not by boxing standards. Some of his early punches should have ended the fight but Mayweather didn't even flinch.

He was way short on fitness too. If he wasn't such a stupid clam he'd have known that and not spent 6 rounds punching Mayweather's arms/gloves.

You have to take into account Mayweather's chin as well as McGregor's power. He's been hit by powerful punchers before and took it. Chris Van Heerden (I might have spelt that wrong) sparred with McGregor and said that his power was average, nothing special. So not weak, but nothing to get excited about.

In the end, CM did very well at hyping the fight amongst UFC fans and making an absolute fortune. I'll give the guy some credit for that, he was never going to win this fight but he made his fans believe that he had a chance.

Cm lasted because Mayweathers style allows it, always played it that way and his get them in the stretch comment is spot on, he done it all career.

Anyone that kids themselves that Conor lasting 10 rounds was due to his skills is deluded, Mayweather would have taken him out earlier if he went in to blast him out.

Total mismatch

Cm lasted because Mayweathers style allows it, always played it that way and his get them in the stretch comment is spot on, he done it all career.

Anyone that kids themselves that Conor lasting 10 rounds was due to his skills is deluded, Mayweather would have taken him out earlier if he went in to blast him out.

Total mismatch
Mayweather was laughing from the 3rd onwards.

Have a look at him celebrating - not a bead of sweat on him. That was easier than a sparring session by some margin.

You have to take into account Mayweather's chin as well as McGregor's power. He's been hit by powerful punchers before and took it. Chris Van Heerden (I might have spelt that wrong) sparred with McGregor and said that his power was average, nothing special. So not weak, but nothing to get excited about.

In the end, CM did very well at hyping the fight amongst UFC fans and making an absolute fortune. I'll give the guy some credit for that, he was never going to win this fight but he made his fans believe that he had a chance.
That was sort of my point. Boxers are trained and skilled enough to take some fairly heavy punches. Even those known for having glass jaws, etc can take punches way heavier than CM could ever land.

Like I said earlier, that uppercut in the first would have ended the fight had it come from an even semi-decent boxer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41065740

This is very decent, says alot about what the fight really was and Lennox Lewis is right, Conor did not do well at all

Yeah, I think this quote from the article says it all:

Punch stats - though at times debatable - show McGregor landed nine more than the victor for six rounds. The next four rounds saw Mayweather throw 70 more than his rival. That is some acceleration in pace, arguably all too easy.

That was sort of my point. Boxers are trained and skilled enough to take some fairly heavy punches. Even those known for having glass jaws, etc can take punches way heavier than CM could ever land.

Like I said earlier, that uppercut in the first would have ended the fight had it come from an even semi-decent boxer.

What I'm saying is, it wouldn't necessarily because Mayweather can take a punch from some very hard hitters. So McGregor not hurting him doesn't mean that McGregor can't punch at all, he just has very average punching power (which is what Chris Van Heerden said about him after they sparred awhile back).

I didnt think that punch was thrown with venom because he does not have the boxing technique, almost a punch for punch sake, looked good lacked conviction

it amazed me how many people thought mcgregor had a chance, the hype machine did an excellent job, money was made

Vegas NEEDED mayweather to win, just shows you how stupid most americans are or why there will always be bookmakers in business.

Hahaha the punch, you can't knock him for UFC, but he was paid a load of money for hi boxing stint so I will judge him as such....he was sh1t

You guys are judging McGregor in terms of his boxing prowess... yet his sole aim was to make money. That is his real gift, dancing about in a stupid suit, whipping up the crowds, getting loads of attention and getting paid big money. He knew he didn't have a chance, but he was happy to do it to make big money.

He'll probably be dead or in jail in a few years, that is a LOT of money to play with.

You guys are judging McGregor in terms of his boxing prowess... yet his sole aim was to make money. That is his real gift, dancing about in a stupid suit, whipping up the crowds, getting loads of attention and getting paid big money. He knew he didn't have a chance, but he was happy to do it to make big money.

He'll probably be dead or in jail in a few years, that is a LOT of money to play with.
The first part is right. It was a marketing masterstroke. He stands to earn probably close to 100 million for a sport he had no business being involved in. That is genius. Out of the spotlight he is as level headed as you get and now he is empire building - clothing lines and whiskey are just the start. The exposure he has received in the last few months is priceless and he is smart enough to make use of it.

NextGen.jpg

Decent Next gen card this Friday.

Back