• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Unreal that these people think they will get away with it.

I am looking forward to the fight at the weekend for the fact its a circus. I spoke to my mate last night and we agreed that for the good of boxing Mayweather has to knock him out early if there is the chance to an not carry him etc, this has to be a statement for me.

Unreal that these people think they will get away with it.

I am looking forward to the fight at the weekend for the fact its a circus. I spoke to my mate last night and we agreed that for the good of boxing Mayweather has to knock him out early if there is the chance to an not carry him etc, this has to be a statement for me.

Do you think Mayweather cares enough about the sport of boxing to make a statement on its behalf? I have my doubts... I reckon he'd be more interested in it being close so the talk of an even more lucrative rematch is loud afterwards.

Reactions: DTA
Do you think Mayweather cares enough about the sport of boxing to make a statement on its behalf? I have my doubts... I reckon he'd be more interested in it being close so the talk of an even more lucrative rematch is loud afterwards.

Well this is my doubt also, is it a legacy respecting fight where he goes out all guns blazing for the 50-0 like he would when he went 30-0 etc etc or is it a money spinner for further down the line? I hope its the first

I am slightly upset with the sport now after learning the WBC has created a belt for this fight.

Rewarding one of the biggest joke fights in history with its own belt makes a mockery of all those that work their life to get somewhere in the sport.

Money talks bro, that's all this fight is, a circus for PPV buys.

I read somewhere that this fight COULD generate something like $700m+ of revenue if the PPV numbers are over 4 million.

I am slightly upset with the sport now after learning the WBC has created a belt for this fight.

Rewarding one of the biggest joke fights in history with its own belt makes a mockery of all those that work their life to get somewhere in the sport.

It's the new weight class: MONEY

tdW5VE7u

f*cking state of it.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission stated they let the fight go ahead and money wasn't a factor in a 49-0 fighter going up against an 0-0 guy... then the WBC do this. Absolute circus...

.... that I'll probably rush to check the result of on Sunday morning.

It's a dilemma.

He needs to let it run long enough to make it seem like people haven't been ripped off. But leave it too long and it validates MMA fighters trying to box.

Why does he need to let it run? its probably his last fight the only reason to let it run would be possibility of a rematch? Anyone who was going to hate Mayweather already would do.

It underlines the problem with boxing, all these multiple belts and federations. There should be one world champion for each weigh-tclass, but I doubt they'll ever get back to that.

It underlines the problem with boxing, all these multiple belts and federations. There should be one world champion for each weigh-tclass, but I doubt they'll ever get back to that.

Yeh no chance of that which is a shame.

But even for the WBC to make a mockery of itself by creating a belt for one fight, I can't get my head round it

Why does he need to let it run? its probably his last fight the only reason to let it run would be possibility of a rematch? Anyone who was going to hate Mayweather already would do.
If he wants any more big paydays he has to seem as if he's offering value.

If this is just a one-off then I can see it ending embarrassingly quickly.

If he wants any more big paydays he has to seem as if he's offering value.

If this is just a one-off then I can see it ending embarrassingly quickly.
Agreed, I just thought this was the last easy payday 50-0 seems like a good time to stop, he had to have a fight for the Tax bill but didn't want to risk his 0 so took the biggest earning fight with the lowest risk. He is getting $100M for fighting an amateur

Read a great analogy today in the standard.

You could put a Rabbit in the ring to fights against a cabbage and you could still get interest in the outcome.

If McGregor could punch, that uppercut in the first would have ended it.

The difference in power is incredible.

Done. Easy. Mayweather has barely even broken a sweat!

Hopefully McGregor will fudge off back to his caravan now and stop insulting my eyes with his cheaply cut suits.

Quite an easy $300m for Mayweather really!

Never felt like a 'real' fight imo, Mayweather took it fairly easy then stepped it up a bit when CM was tired. Conor gets a result in that he wasn't embarrassed (it was hist first pro boxing match against one of the best to ever do it, so he was never gonna win the fight and anything past 6 rounds is credit in the bank for him) and Mayweather gets his win without ever being troubled.

CM v Pauli would be a better fight ;) same result though imo.

If McGregor could punch, that uppercut in the first would have ended it.

The difference in power is incredible.
difference in cardio - floyd just waited and tasted conor's power, then drew him all the way in. IMO it was always a battle of two egos/martial artists, conor was never gonna box, just fight - and a make whole bundle of cash

Average fight after the hype. Credit to McGregor he didn't embarrass himself - inside the ring. Outside it a different story. But both fighters have picked up record fight purses in their careers because of their outside the ring panto characters. All credit to them!

Both fighters pretty much admitted as such in their post-fight comments this was a spectacle not a fight. Never felT Mayweather was in trouble but at the same time think McGregor deserves some credit.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back