• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The meltdown thread

Luckily my life has fallen apart just before Spurs did so I'm not as concerned as I would have been.

Actually is it just football related meltdowns?

Hope you’re ok mate. Football takes second place to real life. Hope things get better for you.

I am fine if we quit the cl early so that we can get some time to consolidate and plot a proper transfer strategy coming and next window... Prioritising exiting driftwood and sicknotes aggressively

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

I am fine if we quit the cl early so that we can get some time to consolidate and plot a proper transfer strategy coming and next window... Prioritising exiting driftwood and sicknotes aggressively

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk
I didn't know the players themselves did the scouting and transfer negotiations. Interesting...

Pearce is spot on there with that summary. Can't argue at all.

Too sensible, isn't it. I've said it too many times on here already, but the immediacy of social media and what have you have turned a large part of fans into complete idiots (or so it seems), who just buy into whatever idea the click bait centered media want to feed them. And it's so predictable. Oh, you've lost three games in a row? Surely there's something rotten at the club! Surely! This and that player should've been sold in the summer, Kane was a 4 season wonder afterall, Pochettino has lost it talking about cows, new stadium is going to implode and kill all the locals. It's fudging mad how easily some people get carried away after a tiny little run of bad results. Everything is being way over-analyzed all the time. It was a game of football, ffs, just because a player wasn't playing at 100% doesn't mean there's something fundamentally wrong with him or the system, or the team, or the coach or whatever. There are so many variables involved, not to mention margins in a game of football, that always having to do this grand scale analysis after every fudging game is just so unfruitful and pointless (not sure how many times I've heard Demebele is done as a footballer now, for instance, and then he turns up and plays a blinder in the next 5 matches) - but of course it generates clicks and attention for the media, and it's what they live from, so it's there.

I just wish people used their heads a bit more and didn't always cave in and eat it all up, as it just adds to the negative pointless energy surrounding the club in these phases. But it all seems a bit futile, some people seem to want the drama.

I just wish people used their heads a bit more and didn't always cave in and eat it all up, as it just adds to the negative pointless energy surrounding the club in these phases. But it all seems a bit futile, some people seem to want the drama.

The club has got some things wrong and in my opinion we could have and maybe should have strengthend in the summer but all in all as Pearce says, the bigger picture is better than the short term meltdown

Too sensible, isn't it. I've said it too many times on here already, but the immediacy of social media and what have you have turned a large part of fans into complete idiots (or so it seems), who just buy into whatever idea the click bait centered media want to feed them.

Excellant post especially the parts above.

Quite a crisis I'm a in. Four points below Liverpool, who has pretty much won the league and the Champions League already. We've only scored one goal less than them as well. Terrible being a Spurs supporter these days, fudging hate it. :p

After 7 games I’d expect us to be at least 42 points above them.

I’m more concerned that we have screwed up our CL season after being defeated by Inter. I think we’ll need to play better than we’ve played all season, if we are to get a result against Barcelona. And we may need one. As if we don’t get a result on Wednesday, and Inter do get a result against Barca, when they play their two matches, then we need a result in Barcelona! Tough time.

Back