• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I actually admired their intent in getting Pepe for that ludicrous fee. It was a statement. TBH I think we're very lucky dingdong Emery is scared, because IF they were to play to their strengths, they'd be doing better. His fear could cripple them.
What strengths are they?

I was about to agree...and then i looked at the league table..:oops:
Yea I know, but there’s 4 points in it and to me at least, it feels like we are bottoming out, whereas they still have further to fall. Whilst we are playing CL they are toiling away on the Thursday/Sunday circuit, that chips away at the morale as we well know.

Put it this way, looking at the squad, fixtures, competitions both are still involved in, stadium, then I would MUCH rather be us right now than them and all this after we’ve had our worst consistent run for about 10 years! Like I say thank Ghod they are in turmoil so they haven’t taken advantage of our extended blip.

Yea I know, but there’s 4 points in it and to me at least, it feels like we are bottoming out, whereas they still have further to fall. Whilst we are playing CL they are toiling away on the Thursday/Sunday circuit, that chips away at the morale as we well know.

Put it this way, looking at the squad, fixtures, competitions both are still involved in, stadium, then I would MUCH rather be us right now than them and all this after we’ve had our worst consistent run for about 10 years! Like I say thank Ghod they are in turmoil so they haven’t taken advantage of our extended blip.

Well, let's just say, i hope you're right....this could easily be them 'bottoming out' as you say.
I'm talking Arsenal here, just to confirm, don't care about West Ham..other than if we continue to be below them, it will simply show how brick we are...

Well, let's just say, i hope you're right....this could easily be them 'bottoming out' as you say.
I'm talking Arsenal here, just to confirm, don't care about West Ham..other than if we continue to be below them, it will simply show how brick we are...
When I say we are bottoming out I mean that in the fact that this has gone on so long now that things will be coming to a head, either Poch turns it around himself or someone else will be brought in to do it. Levy doesn’t muck about on this sort of stuff.

If Arsenal sack Emery (I think he’s still a few months from that situation) then where do they go? They don’t have vast amounts of money as their chairman has stated, it’s why “they had to be clever in the summer” and buy players on mortgage length payment plans.

When I say we are bottoming out I mean that in the fact that this has gone on so long now that things will be coming to a head, either Poch turns it around himself or someone else will be bought in to do it. Levy doesn’t muck about on this sort of stuff.

If Arsenal sack Emery (I think he’s still a few months from that situation) then where do they go? They don’t have vast amounts of money as their chairman has stated, it’s why “they had to be clever in the summer” and buy players on mortgage length payment plans.

You're right about things coming to head with us. However, we could easily be seen by them as not just competitors on the pitch but also competitors to get in the next coach that could take a top 6 team and make them title challengers, like Klopp did with Liverpool. I think many in the Arsenal hierarchy regret missing out on the like of Klopp and Pep and might not want to again, especially with Man Utd also likely in that market.

I wouldn't be surprised if the situation at the Emirates is being borne in mind by our board too...

Arsenal fans are indeed fickle, but tbf to them, Emery does not really have a recognisable game plan and can often set-up quote negatively against weak teams. Obviously, our ideal is that he keeps their bad atmosphere going and Poch can get both him and the team out of our negative spiral...

Back