• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

The thing is...there were planes for both 'Wenger stay' and 'Wenger out'.....so sort of cancelling each other out.

Double bubble for the pilot though:)

Shame they appeared at different times. Next time, they should both be in the air simultaneously, circling around the stadium while the rest of the world watches on live TV and laughs. Should actually try an aerial joust, dogfighting to see who can get their banner wrapped around the opponent - winner determines if Arsene stays or leaves. :p

I want him to stay. They'll tick along.

But there is no doubt that when it comes to replace him they could really face a sticky patch (like Utd). What i don't want, is that patch to coincide with a potential sticky patch for us. ie when we move stadium twice.

I'd rather him do 2 more seasons, by then end of that we'll be comfortably accustomed to our new behemoth....and the aim would be to drive home a lasting power shift in North London.

Well, I think two years is a bit too soon to be thinking about acclimatizing to the new stadium, if Arsenal's own early spell at the Emirates is any indicator - but I like the logic nonetheless. ;)

Yeah maybe but it might be a less drastic move than firing Wenger outright. The influence he has can be tempered if handled correctly.

I've heard he's a control freak and everything must be done his way.
The thing is...there were planes for both 'Wenger stay' and 'Wenger out'.....so sort of cancelling each other out.

Double bubble for the pilot though:)

"Bandits at 2 o'clock Ginger" it must have been a real dog fight

Wheelchair the journo's future of England player now can't even get into the starting eleven at Bournemouth

Will be a West Ham player come the start of next season

I've heard he's a control freak and everything must be done his way.

"Bandits at 2 o'clock Ginger" it must have been a real dog fight
All good. Move him upstairs and let him fudge up transfers and interfere with the coaching until the next manager storms out in frustration.

Wheelchair the journo's future of England player now can't even get into the starting eleven at Bournemouth

Will be a West Ham player come the start of next season
Made for each other.

He had a something once, but I think that spark is gone now. He's a very average player now.

Last edited:
I hope this is a long and painful death for that "club". It is about time. Is Pat Rice still working?

The grim ghoulish walking skeleton of Le Professeur Wenger stopped striding forwards and hesitated. He thought he knew the way forward, but... was it left or right? He paused, drew a breath, then walked forwards again, pretending to know the way. Inside he felt awful. Something was wrong. He didn't want to show signs of confusion, a lack of certainty, but he was lost. He started to walk a bit slower, searching for a clue. He'd walked along here before, but things looked different this time. He felt cold, a chill wind blowing the 2004 Championship confetti into the gutter.

Underneath his club coat and hat, his skin bore a grey pallor, there was a whiff of decay, a man who hadn't thought to wash for a few months. He shortened his stride as he got to the end of Seven Sisters Road. Was it left or right? He paused and turned left, he had always loved the left side, a touch of magic, some je ne sais quoi, some va va voom. As he walked, he felt a bit of pride return, he knew what he was doing. He knew the way. And yet... that nagging feeling that he was wrong. That stench of dirt rising from deep inside his zipper. He hadn't washed for months, hadn't eaten, hadn't opened his curtains, but he had studied the videos, oh yes. He knew what the problem was. Spirit. What he needed was a dash of Eric Dier and a splash of Dele Alli.

A sudden, harsh, hacking cough barks from his mouth and a tooth flies forwards, bouncing off the tarmac. Oh well, there are still a few left. It doesn't matter any more, all he needs is a couple of players with esprit. Still he walks forwards, trying to look confident, aware that eyes are upon him now, a gathering of interest from the sides.

As he walks, he sees the old rusty hulk of White Hart Lane in the distance. He knows that he can buy what he needs there, he knows they need him more than he needs them. He is from the legendary Champions. But what is this new shadow behind White Hart Lane? This hulking great building? Surely they can't be... building a stadium larger than ours? Than mine? Surely this can't be?

As he gets closer, cold realisation sinks in. He is wrong. He is 90s man. His time has gone. His club has been surpassed. He is finished. Finally. Pointless. What can he do? For a moment he considers walking over to the Olympic Stadium to steal some star talent. But who? Mark Noble? Pah. He shuffles back home, reeling from the shock. He can't go on. He must unzip this coat one final time.

serveimage

Sunday Express reporting Wenger has been offered a 2-yr contract, but turned that down and will sign a One-year contract.

IF, its true their fans will go into meltdown

Perfect. Short term 'fix' won't help convince players to stay or join and should hopefully mean the wheels will come further off next season

I love the little guy in glasses who always has his Arsenal headphones on, telling Claude off..."Don't question my fan base, don't question my fan base." WTF?

Back