• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The EFL Cup 2016/17

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
First Round Draw

Section One

Carlisle v Port Vale
Rotherham v Morecambe
Accrington v Bradford
Rochdale v Chesterfield
Mansfield v Blackburn
Barnsley v Northampton
Cambridge v Sheff Wed
Derby v Grimsby
Oldham v Wigan
Sclamhorpe v Notts County
Doncaster v N Forest
Burton v Bury
Fleetwood v Leeds
Sheff Utd v Crewe
Shrewsbury v Huddersfield
Preston v Hartlepool
Blackpool v Bolton

Section Two

Peterborough v AFC Wimbledon
Bristol Rovers v Cardiff
Coventry v Portsmouth
Luton v Aston Villa
Brighton v Colchester
Cheltenham v Charlton
Birmingham v Oxford
Southend v Gillingham
Wolves v Crawley
Leyton Orient v Fulham
Ipswich v Stevenage
Wycombe v Bristol City
Walsall v Yeovil
Exeter v Brentford
QPR v Swindon
Barnet v Millwall
Reading v Plymouth
Newport v MK Dons

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Norwich have been handed byes into the second round as they were the highest-placed teams last season.

The Worthington Littlewoods Coca-Cola Capitol One Milk Cup
You left out Rumbelows.
(And depressingly I bet there will be people reading this who have no idea what a Rumbelows store sold nor that you could rent your tv from there (the latter day successor to Radio Rentals. #nostalgia ) ).

You left out Rumbelows.
(And depressingly I bet there will be people reading this who have no idea what a Rumbelows store sold nor that you could rent your tv from there (the latter day successor to Radio Rentals. #nostalgia ) ).
Understandable though, seeing as you can now buy a high end tv for a fraction of a months pay.

I can't for the life of me remember what a tv used to cost but I do remember very seriously considering renting one when I wanted a good one, so it must have been a fee multiples of income.

Understandable though, seeing as you can now buy a high end tv for a fraction of a months pay.

I can't for the life of me remember what a tv used to cost but I do remember very seriously considering renting one when I wanted a good one, so it must have been a fee multiples of income.

I remember my uncle bought one in the late 60's and it was £300 (my mum never stopped going on about it, whenever she asked us what something cost we would £300, heavily into satire my family) and I think average wage was between £25-30 a week

Bunn, Richards, Baker, Okore, Amavi, Tshibola, Gardner, Green, Grealish, Ayew, McCormack.

This Aston Villa side lost 1-3 at Luton tonight. Apparently it's the first time they've ever been knocked out in the first round. No biggie though, the league is all that matters for them.

New Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has set an ambitious target to take the Birmingham club back to being “the top club in Europe” within five years.

Xia answered fans’ questions on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon, and revealed he has not planned for anything beyond Championship promotion this term.

The Chinese businessman completed his Villa takeover in June, and has insisted only an immediate Premier League return will suffice this season.

Asked where he sees Villa in five years’ time, Xia said: “The top club in Europe with the highest number of fans all over the world.”

Xia pledged to guide Villa back into Europe’s elite on completing his £52million purchase of the Birmingham club from Randy Lerner, but has now set those aims even higher.

Villa lost their Championship opener 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, but that has not deterred Xia from thinking big.

Manager Roberto Di Matteo was able to close a £12million deal for striker Ross McCormack from Fulham ahead of the new campaign, and Xia clearly expects immediate success.

Asked if the club has a contingency plan in case of missing promotion, Xia replied: “At the moment we only have one plan”.

When another fan quizzed him on what would constitute success this term, Xia said: “Promotion is the first and only priority”.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/owner-wants-villa-to-be-top-club-in-europe-in-five-years

If Liverpool had been drawn as the home team the tie would have been switched around and they would have compensated Burton for lost income.

*The EFL Cup Round Two draw was made with 25 seeded teams being drawn against 25 unseeded teams. Seeds were based on last season’s final table standings. With one fixture to be played on Thursday night, Cardiff City will be a seeded team should they progress and Bristol Rovers a non-seeded team should they progress.

Having finished in 18th position last season, Bristol City’s status as a seeded or unseeded team is dependent upon which of Cardiff City or Bristol Rovers progress, and so consequently they have been drawn in two possible ties until tomorrow’s fixture is completed.

Could they not have waited one day to do the draw???

Bunn, Richards, Baker, Okore, Amavi, Tshibola, Gardner, Green, Grealish, Ayew, McCormack.

This Aston Villa side lost 1-3 at Luton tonight. Apparently it's the first time they've ever been knocked out in the first round. No biggie though, the league is all that matters for them.

New Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has set an ambitious target to take the Birmingham club back to being “the top club in Europe” within five years.

Xia answered fans’ questions on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon, and revealed he has not planned for anything beyond Championship promotion this term.

The Chinese businessman completed his Villa takeover in June, and has insisted only an immediate Premier League return will suffice this season.

Asked where he sees Villa in five years’ time, Xia said: “The top club in Europe with the highest number of fans all over the world.”

Xia pledged to guide Villa back into Europe’s elite on completing his £52million purchase of the Birmingham club from Randy Lerner, but has now set those aims even higher.

Villa lost their Championship opener 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, but that has not deterred Xia from thinking big.

Manager Roberto Di Matteo was able to close a £12million deal for striker Ross McCormack from Fulham ahead of the new campaign, and Xia clearly expects immediate success.

Asked if the club has a contingency plan in case of missing promotion, Xia replied: “At the moment we only have one plan”.

When another fan quizzed him on what would constitute success this term, Xia said: “Promotion is the first and only priority”.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/owner-wants-villa-to-be-top-club-in-europe-in-five-years
Reminds me of the Top Gear challenges. Ambitious but rubbish.

Reminds me of the Top Gear challenges. Ambitious but rubbish.

Indeed QPR had the F1 ownership say that. So did Notts Forrest after a take over a few seasons ago at the same time they resigned Andy Reid. Sunderland have also. Notts county had one who turned out to be some skint bloke. Wolves have some big mouth now. And even Portsmouth had a couple of purportedly rich owners who still didn't save them from slipping off to obscurity.

If Liverpool had been drawn as the home team the tie would have been switched around and they would have compensated Burton for lost income.

*The EFL Cup Round Two draw was made with 25 seeded teams being drawn against 25 unseeded teams. Seeds were based on last season’s final table standings. With one fixture to be played on Thursday night, Cardiff City will be a seeded team should they progress and Bristol Rovers a non-seeded team should they progress.

Having finished in 18th position last season, Bristol City’s status as a seeded or unseeded team is dependent upon which of Cardiff City or Bristol Rovers progress, and so consequently they have been drawn in two possible ties until tomorrow’s fixture is completed.

Could they not have waited one day to do the draw???

You would have thought so, or maybe just not have a match on a Thursday night?

Possibly, due to the short time between the 1st and 2nd round, the police have had some input requesting the maximum amount of time to organise resources in the relevant town and cities should there be some 'tasty' ties

Burton denied blatant penalty as one of their players is tripped inside the penalty area.

Terrible defending from Burton as one of their defenders stays deep to play Origi onside for a cheeky backheel goal.

Only thing of note tonight was West Brom and Watford going out. Derby beat Carlisle 14-13 on penalties.

Back