• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I think it's extremely difficult for young batsmen to reach test standard in the current county set up, the bowling is not at a high enough level to prepare them for the step up, this is I believe due to players with England contracts not playing at County level and the IPL attracting world stars. Westley is a classic example, a talented player who has not been challenged enough before getting in the Test team, neither him or Malan have particularly outstanding averages given the number of games they have played at County cricket.

Last edited:
The Windies defeat is acceptable given Root showed balls to declare so they had something to chase. Won't be so risky against the Aussies who are on the brink of beating Bangladesh after a decent typically aggressive knock by Warner.

Get him cheaply in the Ashes and the rest will fall easily.

Rain dance in Manchester.. a draw here should hopefully mean the title for Essex? Not sure they'll be too many other results this month with the UK's Sep weather?

Rain dance in Manchester.. a draw here should hopefully mean the title for Essex? Not sure they'll be too many other results this month with the UK's Sep weather?

If you do a rain dance in Manchester of all places it will look like parts of Texan last week!

I thought it was very poor tbh, maybe I'm just an old fashioned taco (certainly the latter bit) but I'd be pretty embarrassed standing there for the trophy photo after that.

I don't think I'd have the stones to do it myself, I love a technicality though, sport is a challenge of the mind too, the opposition should have been smart enough to bat first.

Maybe (I'm sure they regret that now, I think they won the toss), but I don't really blame them for assuming a team of amateurs who like to play cricket on the weekends, might actually play cricket on the weekend. Just seems a bit pointless to me.

Has there been any ruling from the almighty Pembroke CCC yet?

Back