• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Yeh him, Browne, Westley and Wheater are class.

Ravi needs to find some form

Certainly looked good last season, but I think they need to prove themselves in div 1. Ravi certainly needs to find some runs, I think I'd drop him for cook in the next match and push chopra to 3, westley 4, Lawrence 5, etc.

Cook has to play so someone needs to miss out and I'd bank on Chopra scoring more than Ravi at present. Only thing is the 10/15 overs bowling we'll miss if Ravi doesn't play.

Certainly looked good last season, but I think they need to prove themselves in div 1. Ravi certainly needs to find some runs, I think I'd drop him for cook in the next match and push chopra to 3, westley 4, Lawrence 5, etc.

Cook has to play so someone needs to miss out and I'd bank on Chopra scoring more than Ravi at present. Only thing is the 10/15 overs bowling we'll miss if Ravi doesn't play.

Yeh I agree, Cook comes in and gets Div 1 runs, Bopara does not look likely to score, GHod knows whats happened to him

I like the look of the Kolpak we got

Essex reject the new T20 proposal and rightly so in my view

This is going to split the counties with those in "big" cities being or it and the others against.

I imagine the teams will be as they have Test venues:

London (there may be two in London, but Middlesex are against it as they would not benefit financially)
Manchester
Leeds
Cardiff
Southampton
Birmingham
Nottingham
Durham

The whole t20 thing is ridiculous .The blast is fine as it is.Most of the best players appear for a few games and its a good night out.The whole dynamic of english cricket is different.My guess is that they are going to try and play some of these games in football stadiums to try and generate large crowds which won't work at all.The problem middlesex have i think is they can only host 4 night games a season at lords.( i might be wrong) any franchise at lords will eat into that.They fill lords every game at i am sure they would like to have more at lords rather than 4 at out grounds which generate only a fraction of the revenue and definatly not less games at lords.Also what other cricket is going to be going on during that month.Counties won't want to lose players for more games plus having to complete for fans.Losing players to the ipl at the beginning of the season is bad enough.

The whole t20 thing is ridiculous .The blast is fine as it is.Most of the best players appear for a few games and its a good night out.The whole dynamic of english cricket is different.My guess is that they are going to try and play some of these games in football stadiums to try and generate large crowds which won't work at all.The problem middlesex have i think is they can only host 4 night games a season at lords.( i might be wrong) any franchise at lords will eat into that.They fill lords every game at i am sure they would like to have more at lords rather than 4 at out grounds which generate only a fraction of the revenue and definatly not less games at lords.Also what other cricket is going to be going on during that month.Counties won't want to lose players for more games plus having to complete for fans.Losing players to the ipl at the beginning of the season is bad enough.

No Middlesex problem is they don't get any revenue from Lords it's not their ground.

Ashes tickets go on sale soon. I just booked flights to Adelaide (from Melbourne) for the day/night test from 2-6 December.

Anyone heading over for any of the tests?

Ashes tickets go on sale soon. I just booked flights to Adelaide (from Melbourne) for the day/night test from 2-6 December.

Anyone heading over for any of the tests?
I wish, I did it once the last time it was on and it was amazing, loved every minute of it apart from the scoreline

The 1.3m offer is a buy off.

My problem with this is the T20 blast is already good enough just need to be enhanced, the issue here is that the ECB know they can get rich off a franchised event and thats what the ECB is all about now, thats why England play the most mental schedule of games like one off T20s etc because England commend the most financially on the circuit. If anyone wants proof look at the winter, James Anderson encouraged to play in the ECB T20 tournament in Dubai against the MCC and a local T20 team yet is told to rest last week int he county championship?

This comp will cause major problems for the following reasons:

- It will run along side the current T20 Blast, there is already too much cricket being played globally and domestically as it is, if players are drafted they either have to play the extra comp or the players have to choose franchise or county, either way the county loses, in Essex case say Ryan TenDo gets picked we either get a burnt out player or one that is forced to choose.

- If you add this franchise there will be almost a complete world timetable of these events, IPL, Big Bash, UKFranchise, Ram Slam and the BPL, there is no doubt in my mind that you will get players from early years, maybe the next Stokes who will go in purely as a full time T20 player for rent, this will have an adverse affect on the game.

The last thing the game needs is another tournament and another reason for players not to turn out for their county, this is what this is going to do.

The county game is producing so much talent, this is not about talent. I have a feeling this is a quick fix to get money to the counties that bid for and suffered for hosting Test Matches, the ECB can give Durham a quick 1.3m and it gives them a lifeline because they feel part responsible for the damage.

The reason Australia has a BIGBASH was not originally intended to make so much interest and money, it was the most cost effective way for Australia to have a tournament as clubs would not be able to afford the costs to travel the whole country twice a week to play T20 games, it was a clever way of making the country smaller in some respects.

It looks like Essex may have unearthed another one in Paul Walter? Very encouraging cameos so far with bat and ball.

Last edited:
No, Ports is older, he's 23, turning 24 next month. Oh, and I agree, Dan Lawrence is a class act.

Lawrence is an absolute gun, another ton today, averages 45.5 in about 50 innings, he's still only 19!! Just bats for fun, I like the fact he seems old school in his strike rate, just occupies the crease, you can tell he's been watching Cook.

England winning yesterday and the washout today means that if England win their next game they will be guaranteed a SF place

Back