• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Supermarkets

DHSF

Les Ferdinand
Is it just me or are supermarkets tricking us into buying products that have gotten smaller over night. I used to buy avocadoes two big ones in a bag for £2 - now its shot up to £2.50 for three smaller ones in a bag (weight is so much less). fudgein lettuce 300g for £1 when before it was 400g for the same price.

Its been done over night.

I know about the whole olive trick scenario - take one olive out of each jar and the company save a billion or whatever, but did they think I wouldnt notice? I mean blueberries was £2 a pack now theyre doing two for £4 - how fudgein stupid. Tryin to trick me ****s.

lol I hate this with a passion. I swear loo rolls are half the size they used to be. But it literally seems to have happened to everything.

Cathedral City used to be 500g when it first came out, then 400g and now its 350g

Tesco finest coleslaw is one I noticed this week too as was Tesco finest Cheese Sauce, swear that was 450g and now its like 375g.

Sure. So you noticed the whole 'Olive trick' scenario.

The question is what you are going to do about it. If a rant about it on an internet forum is the limit, than you've already lost.

Stop shopping there?

I've noticed this happening over the last few months. Either changing the weight of the product in the hope that it wouldn't be noticed that you get less for your money or coming up with an offer when there was a better offer the week before. I'm doing more shopping in local shops, farmers markets and farm shops etc. may be more expensive but the quality is far superior and supermarkets act like ****s

Sure. So you noticed the whole 'Olive trick' scenario.

The question is what you are going to do about it. If a rant about it on an internet forum is the limit, than you've already lost.

Stop shopping there?

Jesus dude

The olive trick scenario is a well known ploy. But I get your point - I wont shop elsewhere cos theyre all doing it. An observation.

As for my rant - its just a lighthearted discussion not supposed to be start of a protest... although it would be beneficial.

Last edited:
Jesus dude

The olive trick scenario is a well known ploy.

As for my rant - its just a lighthearted discussion not supposed to be start of a protest... although it would be beneficial.

Who said anything about a protest? If a shop does something you don't like, then go and shop elsewhere.

If more people understood that, then the shops would worry about it far more.

The big shops get away with it because they are still cheaper.

Besides take Andrex bog roll.. you don't think they make it different sizes for different shops do you?

Its not where we shop, the problem is the products themselves.. branded items. Supermarkets are following

Last edited:
The big shops get away with it because they are still cheaper.

Besides take Andrex bog roll.. you don't think they make it different sizes for different shops do you?

Its not where we shop, the problem is the products themselves.. branded items. Supermarkets are following

I was gonna reply to Spursalot with that.

Cathedral is the same wherever you go, the price may be similiar, but its the products themselves the brands. As Marky said - chocolates is an obvious one.

Back