• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Should he ever get the nod before Kane, and subsequently have a bad day at the office, we'll be able to say "Harry on, wayward Son".

londontaxi_directnewscouk.jpg

image.gif

You saying that supprises me, I'm a fan of chadli, was from the off when people were slating him, but I have seen nothing to suggest he can lead the line.

I'm saying that because I'm a fan of Chadli too. And I agree to an extent: I'm not convinced he can lead the line the way Kane can, as a typical centre-forward. But I don't think that's the plan, really. I think this can be seen in our transition play, to an extent: when we get the ball near our box and send it up to Kane, he more often than not drops deeper, spins and looks for a release ball to the inside forwards around him, who (in rare cases, given their lack of pace) move into the position he vacated. If that's not on, he plays it back to Eriksen or someone, who (due to them facing the direction of play, unlike Kane) can then pick out a pass to those same inside-forwards.

Kane doesn't stay up top as an anchor for the team to play around, as a traditional CF does: ergo, I think Chadli could fit in that role as well, given the amount of freedom it entails.

Messi, Modric....Lennon :) It can be a attribute of some players, great lower body strength and a smaller upper body frame which keeps them light and agile. It can work! I'm chuffed. I hope its Lamela leaving rather than Eriksen. As we have too many players with NJ, Pritchard, Townsend, Chadli, Lamela,
However, those players are all much shorter than SHM. I personally feel that with his height and frame, he should develop his upper body so that he can eventually play as a no. 9.

Currently, he's limited to playing as a second striker or an inverted forward or winger. I certainly don't think he should ever play as a backup for Kane in the no. 9 position in England this season until he develops that upper body strength. That's one of his glaring weaknesses, playing with his back to goal. He can do it for awhile. And he's ok doing it with a target man playing next to him. But not when he's up top by himself. And that's why having Kiessling play alongside him was so advantageous.

He also really needs Eriksen to play alongside him as well imo. SHM is underdeveloped as a playmaker. When he's on form, he'll use his acceleration and pace to power past a defender. But when he's off form, he will just run into 2 or 3 defenders.

He really needs a creative no. 10 or a deep lying playmaker to play one-twos with and explode into space. He's great at initiating the counterattack and scoring or initiating a one-two or a reverse pass and scoring. But he's weak at creating. And while he'll put in a shift, he's not a grafter and playing him deep as a classic winger in a 4-4-2 is a complete waste.

Hopefully Eriksen and Kane remain healthy. If so, then the role he'll be asked to play will be very similar to the one he was tasked with last season at Leverkusen. And in many ways, he should find it more comfortable to play with a much more decisive passer in Eriksen than Chancanoglu or Bellarabi.

However, those players are all much shorter than SHM. I personally feel that with his height and frame, he should develop his upper body so that he can eventually play as a no. 9.

Currently, he's limited to playing as a second striker or an inverted forward or winger. I certainly don't think he should ever play as a backup for Kane in the no. 9 position in England this season until he develops that upper body strength. That's one of his glaring weaknesses, playing with his back to goal. He can do it for awhile. And he's ok doing it with a target man playing next to him. But not when he's up top by himself. And that's why having Kiessling play alongside him was so advantageous.

He also really needs Eriksen to play alongside him as well imo. SHM is underdeveloped as a playmaker with the ball at his feet. When he's on form, he'll use his acceleration and pace to power past a defender. But when he's off form, he will just run into 2 or 3 defenders.

He really needs a creative no. 10 or a deep lying playmaker to play one-twos with and explode into space. He's great at initiating the counterattack and scoring or initiating a one-two or a reverse pass and scoring. But he's weak at creating. And while he'll put in a shift, he's not a grafter and playing him deep as a classic winger in a 4-4-2 is a complete waste.

Hopefully Eriksen and Kane remain healthy. If so, then the role he'll be asked to play will be very similar to the one he was tasked with last season at Leverkusen. And in many ways, he should find it more comfortable to play with a much more decisive passer in Eriksen than Chancanoglu or Bellarabi.

I agree with pretty much all of that, but I have to point out that sometimes, a player who dedicates himself to improving his upper-body strength loses a bit of the agility and acceleration that distinguished his game prior to that decision. It's a careful path to have to tread, imo.

Perhaps one more would be helpful, but really, I think we're approaching an optimum level up there. The idea was likely never to have a straight back-up to Kane anyway (beyond a squad signing a la Danny Graham, perhaps): I suspect the idea was to have a stable of lightning-quick wide forwards to play with Kane (N'Jie and Son are bits of evidence of that), with Chadli subsequently rotating into being a simultaneous back-up for both Kane and that left-wing spot, since he has the physical attributes Kane does and (mostly) the same skills and technique.

Njie and Son are not cut out for the number 9 role (judging on reports - not saying they can't fill in for the odd game) - berhaino and Austin would be. That's the way I see it. An injury to kane and we are screwed still.

Also remember that the number 9 shirt is still free meaning Poch sees Son as a Lamela replacement (please GHod).

Njie and Son are not cut out for the number 9 role (judging on reports - not saying they can't fill in for the odd game) - berhaino and Austin would be. That's the way I see it. An injury to kane and we are screwed still.

Also remember that the number 9 shirt is still free meaning Poch sees Son as a Lamela replacement (please GHod).

You could well be right. But our net spend is now (temporarily) in the red, if I recall correctly: and allowing for the sales of Lennon,Fazio, Carroll and (possibly) Lamela, we won't have the money to spend on both Berahino/Austin AND a decent DM without going into positive net spend territory. If Levy's prepared to do that, I'll be delighted: but I suspect that isn't going to be the case. And, considering the high likelihood of a negative net spend, I think Chadli will end up being our back-up CF.

So where does he fit in the starting lineup? Off the left of Kane or off the right? Honestly, the number of videos I have seen of him smashing it in off of either flank has me guessing, especially as we have seen Chadli deployed more on the right these last few games (a LWF before signing for us).

Both at Hamburg and Leverkusen, Son has been employed primarily out wide, where he is able to make maximum use of his speed. He has also doubled up in a more central role, though, playing just behind the centre forward.

At Leverkusen, he has thrived in Roger Schmidt's high-energy pressing game, and was a crucial element of the team's ability to strike swiftly and ruthlessly once they won the ball back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

He is only 23 so we will fudge him off to some other club at 25 so we do not have to worry about his national service.

Great news. I pray, wish and hope that he has more influence and success than the other successful Leverkusen striker we bought.

Team Liaison Officer would be more accurate, but at the time it was a bit like a translator who worked inbetween the club and the cup committee.
I was there to help both parties communicate without problems.
interesting.
can you tell us more about what happened in the early discussion between hsv and spurs? who was speaking for spurs?

Welcome!

I can't wait for him to score so I can shout "Get in my Son!"

It's a decent wedge we've paid but a player seemingly out of nowhere might just work!

Back