• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Have to say, I happened to be in South Korea during the CL final (don't ask) and while Son is huge there, I was slightly surprised to see more LIverpool fans coming out than Spurs/Son fans, which I really did not expect.

However, I still love Son and he is my favourite player.

Was that just your location in Korea?

by all accounts he followed by half the country

and I’ve never been so don’t really have a clue TBH

Was that just your location in Korea?

by all accounts he followed by half the country

and I’ve never been so don’t really have a clue TBH

I mean, I was in Seoul which houses 20% of the country so don't think it was the location.

I appreciate Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world but I was just not expecting it at all.

It was the least of my concerns at the time, especially as I'd gotten up at 3am to watch it but still...

I mean, I was in Seoul which houses 20% of the country so don't think it was the location.

I appreciate Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world but I was just not expecting it at all.

It was the least of my concerns at the time, especially as I'd gotten up at 3am to watch it but still...
Pool are massive in Asia that’s a fact

Pool are massive in Asia that’s a fact
Yes, for some unknown reason. Since my wife is Thai, I'm often in that area, and there are constantly lots of people in Liverpool shirts. I once asked a random group, all wearing Liverpool shirts, why Liverpool?
-"They are best!" was the reply.
-"Best at what? They haven't won the league in 20 years!"
- "Really???"

That's the level of "support" over there. It's just marketing.

Yes, for some unknown reason. Since my wife is Thai, I'm often in that area, and there are constantly lots of people in Liverpool shirts. I once asked a random group, all wearing Liverpool shirts, why Liverpool?
- "Really???"

Champions of Europe twice in past 2 decades probably helps attract Asian fans more than EPL.

Hopefully when Son scores the winning goal in next May’s final we’ll see a similar surge in support.

- "Really???"

Red is lucky in a lot of Asian culture too

Was not at his best last night but that is the type of player he is, he can look brilliant in some games and not in others.

Back