• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scottish Football

Rodgers told Sky Sports: "Could we play in the Premier League? Yes, we could.

"I have absolutely no doubt about it because we've got the Celtic factor. We have 60,000 every other week. Without the money alone, this team would compete in the Premier League.

"We took a Swansea team who won the Championship into the Premier League and we finished 11th but for us and what we were trying to do that was very, very good.

"But this is Celtic. This is one of the great iconic clubs in the world so there is no doubt that with this group we could go in [there and compete]. Imagine the backing then. Celtic would be one of the minimum top four, top six clubs in the English Premier League and then that puts you on a different level altogether."

He has to say that to keep the mugs happy, they would find it extremely difficult having to play a tough game ever week rather than the 2 or 3 a season they face now, would they be getting 60,000 every other week if they were drawing with WBA, Stoke and Watford?

Rodgers told Sky Sports: "Could we play in the Premier League? Yes, we could.

"I have absolutely no doubt about it because we've got the Celtic factor. We have 60,000 every other week. Without the money alone, this team would compete in the Premier League.

"We took a Swansea team who won the Championship into the Premier League and we finished 11th but for us and what we were trying to do that was very, very good.

"But this is Celtic. This is one of the great iconic clubs in the world so there is no doubt that with this group we could go in [there and compete]. Imagine the backing then. Celtic would be one of the minimum top four, top six clubs in the English Premier League and then that puts you on a different level altogether."

zzzz, if I had a pound for every time this old chestnut came up, and brendan, you only get 60,000 because there's f@ck all else to do in Glasgow.

He has to say that to keep the mugs happy, they would find it extremely difficult having to play a tough game ever week rather than the 2 or 3 a season they face now, would they be getting 60,000 every other week if they were drawing with WBA, Stoke and Watford?
They would. Easy.

Have they been having 60k every other week this season? No! They need Rangers like, Rangers need them. I really like the Sturgeon comment Danish (not the fart, farage, trump bit)
Their average this season is 55.5k and with the added draw of PL teams visiting you would have to think that would creep up. Those numbers considering the dross they play are impressive. Never gonna happen though.

They would be a big team in the Premier League, no doubt about it. Imagine all the plastic paddys in America who also happen to like watching Premier League football, Celtic would make a fortune off of them.

I'm not sure they would be a top 4 team however. Glasgow isn't the same draw as London (ourselves and Arsenal will be playing in 60,000 seater stadiums, Chelsea have a super-rich owner) and they will never have a legacy as big as Man Utd or Liverpool. No team can outspend Emirates Marketing Project. So most of the growth and advantages they would enjoy by being in the Premier League is already being out done by other teams anyway.

You sir lack imagination or access to hard drugs.

Really????????????????????

marty-feldman.jpg

lets all take moment of silence to think about what the sweaties will be doing with themselves yet again next summer with no footie to watch :D

Much as I like having a laugh at the expense of our northern cousins I think England are heading in the same direction. We have a lot of potentially very good young players but they will not get the playing time to complete their development in the Greed League. Since I've been going to football from the mid 50's the decline in the standard of domestic international players has been alarming, I understand other countries have improved but apart from Ramsey with his pragmatic brand of football we've stood still.

How would facing inferior English players benefit the development of the English national team as opposed to facing superior foreign players?

And why don't English players seek opportunities outside Britain, are they not good enough to be picked up by clubs abroad?

Back