• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

We should be able to pick Barkley up for £15 million in January. The way he pulled out of the Chelsea move makes me think a conversation may already have taken place. If we can get him for that, or lower, then he's definitely worth a punt.

It certainly looks that way, and its the way Im reading the situation. I wouldnt be at all surprised if a deal was announced on Jan 1st.

That said, Im also aware a hell of a lot can change between now and then. Everton could hit form, charge to the top and he could be part of it - maybe then a new contract is an appealing prospect? Or we have a 'mare and are stuck in midtable no mans land - would he still want us over Chelsea?

So its a bit of a wait and see one, but I do agree with how it looks at this time.

I actually think the story of him going to Chelski for a medical is pure BS...he's injured and what would a 'medical' actually show?
Story would be more believable from Everton if it was "went to Chelski for talks to agree terms"...

I think Everton tried to make up BS to force our hand and maybe also smear Barkley's name in the process.

Everton's claim that Ross Barkley turned down a move to Chelsea after having a medical and agreeing a contract has been disputed by a source close to the England midfielder.

Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri said Everton had accepted a bid and Barkley had agreed personal terms before changing his mind after passing a medical.

But the source said the 23-year-old did not travel to Chelsea.

And they said he had not had a medical.

"It was simply that he would rather make a decision about his next move when he is fully fit, rather than arrive at a new club injured," the source said.

Barkley has a hamstring injury that is likely to keep him out for three months.

Everton had initially rejected a £25m offer from Chelsea for the player on Wednesday before reports that a deal had been agreed late on Thursday.

Ross Barkley's transfer to Chelsea was all but done. The fee agreed was between £30m and £35m and personal terms had been settled.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41119055

I actually think the story of him going to Chelski for a medical is pure BS...he's injured and what would a 'medical' actually show?
Story would be more believable from Everton if it was "went to Chelski for talks to agree terms"...

I think Everton tried to make up BS to force our hand and maybe also smear Barkley's name in the process.

I really like the idea of Chelsea getting fudged around so I choose to see some truth in it :)

For what its worth I think medicals are as much about scans, bloods, vo2 max tests as they are about proving you can run around etc.

They could get MRI if his injury and judge the severity of it/likely healing of it and be satisfied (or not).

Just as they can use other means than running to test heart rate and vo2 max etc.

So I dont think the injury is necessarily a deal breaker.

Chelsea were seemingly getting desperate, and were linked with him a long while, so is it believable they went in for him? Absolutely.

What are the chances of him agreeing terms, starting a medical and then at that point changing his mind? Actually quite slim to my mind.

Unless good old Dan gave him a call ;):D

Suspect that Everton were told he was going for a Medical, Barkley never went for the Medical hence the confusion.
Wouldnt be shocked if his Agents went to him and said everything agreed with Chelsea youre going for a Medical. He said what about spurs and were told no Everton wont deal with them, you'd have to wait until Jan.

He then decided to wait.

OR

Chelsea told his agent the signing bonus would be doubled in Jan if he wasnt going to be available anyway.

I suspect thats its option A, as chelsea have looked stupid in option B and they wouldnt have done that deliberately, they would have specified that prior to personal terms being agreed

Back