1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Roberto Soldado

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Boonie, 1 Aug 2013.

1. SUIYHA

SUIYHA Scott Parker

We do seem much more fluid in attack with him in the side - we're creating a lot more chances as his link up play is good when he plays deeper.

His finishing is ridiculous though. I just don't get how a player can be known as a fox in the box poacher for so many years in Spain, then consistently miss good chances week in week out when he puts on a Spurs shirt. I would still start him next week, but he really needs to spend some time on the training ground as this cannot go on.

2. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

we rarely put him through one on one, thats where i feel he'd be deadly. remember his goal against Villa last year?.. he seems to be feeding off crosses in the box, which to be fair he should be scoring. but like you say, we just look miles better with him in the team.

3. ALtottenham_hotspur

ALtottenham_hotspur Nicola Berti

If you go back in this thread too around January I said Robbie would never come good he looks like Fernando Morientes mk2 sadly he's proving me right.

He could score a hat trick and I still dont think that will be enough to turn his Spurs career around, I just dont think he is suited to this league. Its a real shame.

4. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

This is amazing..goals doesn't matter for a striker:ross: .... you're so hypocritical you imply open play goals doesn't matter but then mock Ade for 'only scoring 2 open play goals..talk about being confused:lol:

He's not creating and making us look good though.It was one game vs city we looked good as a attacking unit and you do your usual 'get overexcited and continuously go on about it to prove your point' routine.

5. indianspur

indianspur Guest

Keep plugging away Bob..

6. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

if hes creating for others and we look much better, i couldnt care less if hes scoring or not. there are alot more problems in our side then our attack, which is clearly the best part of our game.. when soldado is in the team.

so we looked **** in attack today? okay.. ill wait for you to mention it was due to their attacking player getting sent off as the reason for that.

7. Cochise

Cochise Edgar Davids

Aside from the goal, I noticed him more often than I did Kane. He dropped deep to work with Eriksen and Lamela quite well and it was his turn outside the box which earned the free kick which led to the goal. He did miss a very good chance though, but then so did Kane with that header.

8. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

you mean that reaction goal? how does that prove he'll be deadly in a one on one situation. Again it's a case of you not being rational and going purely on your belief with nothing to back it up.

i can back up my opinion...which is that he misses easy chances...i back it up be the countless examples of him missing easy chances (especially when he has to think about it). You say you think he'll be good in a one on one but bring up a goal that wasn't even a proper one on one situation...makes no sense but again i'm not surprise.

9. ringo

ringo Gudni Bergsson

It's a tough one Soldado vs Ade.
    Neither is doing as well as they should in front of goal.
    Ade runs the channels better than Soldado -but I'd rather he stayed central and the wide men/full backs ran the channels.
    Ade is more of an aerial threat but he isn't as good in the air as striker of his height should be.
    Ade is scoring more goals -but it is marginal.

Soldado's link up play is better
    Soldado works harder more consistently.

On balance I prefer Kane as target man and Soldado as #10 in a 4-2-3-1 and Kane/Soldado in a 4-4-2 -- but Kane and no Soldado in a 4-3-3.
    Time to sell Ade.

10. milo

milo Tony Galvin Staff Member

KD, please stop making disagreements about football personal.

11. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

are you trolling? wow this is amazing stuff if you're not.

Do you get the structure of a team changes when a team goes down to 10? regardless of the position the player played. Do you think it's merely a coincidence that we started creating and having more space when the opposition went to 10? jeez i hope you're trolling.

12. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

reaction goal? it was a superb touch and a calm finish in the top corner.. shows hes cool when given a chance like that, like when he takes penalties. give him a chance on instinct and he fluffs it..give him time and im confident he'd score a goal. opposite of defoe really. we just dont create THOSE chances often.

13. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

what? personal?

if that's personal then isn't his original post also personal?

"right we get it, you have your favs and those with no chance."

14. Bullet

Bullet Chris Perry

You know the last couple of seasons when Torres was lumbering around up front for Cheat$ki?

His confidence was shot, he never got it back. He just kept putting himself about and tentatively poking at chances and missing and fluffing.

We need to get rid of guys like this, just like Cheat$ki did.

We are trying to pick between 2 hopeless non-scoring forwards (Soldado and Adebayor) and arguing about their "merits" when they are scant.

Meanwhile we have 17 players trying to play in the hole, it is an absolute joke.

We need a clearer system, we need some width, we need some defending from the front, and we need the good players to be playing, not these jokers.

15. billyiddo

billyiddo Paul Stewart Staff Member

Hasn't stopped the Paulhino and Chiriches threads from forever being on the front page though has it?

16. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

we created before the red though, so youre chatting pure bull****. continue though, its funny hearing you on here every day moaning about those you have an agenda against, I see its Mason thats next on the list.

17. milo

milo Tony Galvin Staff Member

If you cannot see that saying that someone is being hypocritical when all they are doing is having a different opinion to you is making something personal then I give up hope.

18. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

I think i should have said 'instinctive'.

When he has no time to think he might score (even then i don't think he will) otherwise he looks like he'll miss all the time.

What examples do you have from his time here backs up your opinion that he'll be very good in a one on one situation?

19. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

I don't get it? they both played today.

20. scaramanga

scaramanga David Ginola Staff Member

Seeing as we're finding it pretty tough to find one decent striker to buy, ditching two and trying to replace both sounds unappealing.

Soldado is a very, very distant second in the list of strikers we desperately need to get rid of.

21. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

and you have an 'agenda' with Capoue and Adebayor. You see how easy that is :ross:

In actual fact most people don't really have agendas and simply rate or don't rate players. People that use the agenda word often (like yourself) are usually ones that can't articulate there point very well, notice there argument makes little to no sense...then resort to informing people that there opinion is "pure bull****" when they get angry:lol:

We created before the red? really? please elaborate...