• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

He has been a flop. Hope when we lose Ade to the AFCON he steps up and gets his confidence back.

Ultimately if doesn't live up to it then Baldini is at fault for getting a striker for 26 mill not suited to this league.

It was AVB who wanted him.... Benteke would've been at the club otherwise.

Benteke would have been perfect for us. Would suit us down to the ground. Is always a threat and is technically superior to lukaku.

Such a shame we went for soldado. Poor decision

Benteke would have been perfect for us. Would suit us down to the ground. Is always a threat and is technically superior to lukaku.

You didn't mention he suffers long term injuries too.

He last scored a goal 8 months ago. Sounds like a typical Spurs striker to me.

another couple of good chances missed, i guess the apologists are going to mention his "link -up" play

another couple of good chances missed, i guess the apologists are going to mention his "link -up" play

not the worst chance of the day.

and he was first to come between benteke and mason

_78702356_christian_benteke3_getty.jpg

some much needed character in the team

Would like to see us somehow flog off Ade in the winter window.

I honestly believe Ade is like a plague and once he's gone we will start to see an upturn in productivity from our forward players, Bobby included.

Think there's a place in our squad for a guy like him and truly believe he could form a pretty good partnership with Harry

Thought he did well in the first half to create a few chances - putting Ade through one on one being the most clear cut. I think its clear that we're playing in a way that benefits him a bit more - hopefully with that confidence will grow and goals come.

I feel that the game passed him by a bit in the second half though.

not the worst chance of the day.

and he was first to come between benteke and mason

_78702356_christian_benteke3_getty.jpg

some much needed character in the team

That and his ball to Ade were probably the only good things he done today... He was poor and I agree with Africanspur we got robbed by Valencia.

He was good first half but non existent int he second.

I truly think we need to give him the run of games alongside Kane and see what happens. Drop Ade and persist with thosee two for not - see where it goes. They seem to link kup fairly well and would be cool to see it flourish if at all.

Worked fairly hard, seemed to really care. All round showed himself capable of playing in one of the 3 attacking midfield positions. Good for him and us...

He was good first half but non existent int he second.

I truly think we need to give him the run of games alongside Kane and see what happens. Drop Ade and persist with thosee two for not - see where it goes. They seem to link kup fairly well and would be cool to see it flourish if at all.

First half he was playing slightly deeper behind Adebayor, when Adebayor went off he was pushed forward with Kane playing deeper. That's when he became anonymous.

Play him behind the striker and he'll do well I reckon.

Back