• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Racism on this forum

I know you're always right, I get that:) and i know you have an empathy bypass :), and without drilling too far down into the semantics of what's been said, sometimes it's worth just saying 'ok I won't say that anymore', just for the sake of the community and more specifically @StephenH (a poster that, I'm pretty sure, finds a lot of company being a member of this forum).

Doing so I know will cross one of your red lines:D. ie 'I will not be told what I can and can't say', but in this case it's a small concession that will at least make one person (probably more) feel a bit better, that's right, feel a bit better, not that they've 'won'.

In a roundabout way ...this is your house and you can say what the effing hell you want......don't make the house lonely....eh?

Kind of agree, despite the abuse I and others have received in the politics thread, i feel to keep people happy it is best to steer clear of things that people find offensive.

To be fair, there are some who voted for Brexit on the basis of racism but I don’t believe the vast majority did. Still disagree with them mind.

Which is your absolute right to do. But my point is that the racism thing gets thrown around a lot.

That said anyone using the word pig in relation to a Jew or Muslim opens themselves up to claims of racism.

To be fair, there are some who voted for Brexit on the basis of racism but I don’t believe the vast majority did. Still disagree with them mind.

Disagreeing with them is fair enough as Stop! Hammer time, but some see those who have ( and i agree they will be some who are ) voted for Brexit are racist has been thrown around. And imo that is just ignorent at best.

That post doesn’t justify your stance.

You’re discriminating against an entire religion, the vast majority of whom are peaceful people. I thought you were better than that.
Peaceful they may be, but they are helping advance and spread religion, which needs to be stopped.

You completely miss the point, I suspect purposefully. Your words help the insidious spread of Fascism.
I disagree.

Religion is only considered a related group because, in order to further their own cause, religious groups have managed to sneak themselves in as a protected group, like age, gender, race, etc. But religion stands out from the others as it's a choice. That doesn't deserve protection, just like any other choice.

I know you're always right, I get that:) and i know you have an empathy bypass :), and without drilling too far down into the semantics of what's been said, sometimes it's worth just saying 'ok I won't say that anymore', just for the sake of the community and more specifically @StephenH (a poster that, I'm pretty sure, finds a lot of company being a member of this forum).

Doing so I know will cross one of your red lines:D. ie 'I will not be told what I can and can't say', but in this case it's a small concession that will at least make one person (probably more) feel a bit better, that's right, feel a bit better, not that they've 'won'.

In a roundabout way ...this is your house and you can say what the effing hell you want......don't make the house lonely....eh?

@scaramanga I dare you to take R2T4Cs stirling advice. You will enhance the respect people already have for you. GG shouldn't be a place posters don't feel comfortable and i agree with @StephenH who's a valuable member I feel affinity to. Anyone who sticks up for liberating values and makes a stand is a hero to me. Scara's true intentoins are not racist - just controversal and bigoted! :) - which is okay and part of the appeal. Scara knows that posting provocative stuff is fun...but this isn't.

That there is this thread is testament to GGs posters, their intelligence and ethics. Far better to have this out, clear the air, and hopefully continue with a one-off, probably never seen again, climb down from one of the most stuborn pople ever - Scara (who is closely followed by parklane1). Some find it execptionally hard to say I was wrong, yet few would pretent they are always right. Who is?

Last edited:

:D

I'd very much like @StephenH to continue posting, and I certainly won't go out of my way to upset or offend him, but there's something far more important at stake than either of our feelings.

One of the main reasons I put the (complete lack of) effort into running this place is the fact that people are free to say what they like (within the obvious bounds of sexism, racism, etc.) and are not and can not be curtailed by others claiming offense. Otherwise, what's to stop me claiming that all opinions supporting gingers are offensive and have that opinion shut down?

@scaramanga I dare you to take R2T4Cs stirling advice. You will enhance the respect people already have for you. GG shouldn't be a place posters don't feel comfortable and i agree with @StephenH who's a valuable member I feel affinity to. Anyone who sticks up for liberating values and makes a stand is a hero to me. Scara's true intentoins are not racist - just controversal and bigoted! :) - which is okay and part of the appeal. Scara knows that posting provocative stuff is fun...but this isn't.

That there is this thread is testament to GGs posters, their intelligence and ethics. Far better to have this out, clear the air, and hopefully continue with a one-off, probably never seen again, climb down from one of the most stuborn pople ever - Scara (who is closely followed by parklane1). Some find it execptionally hard to say I was wrong, yet few would pretent they are always right. Who is?
I refer you to my post(s) above ^

Edit: And I stopped responding to dares when I was a child.

I'd very much like @StephenH to continue posting, and I certainly won't go out of my way to upset or offend him, but there's something far more important at stake than either of our feelings.
Yep. Being right.

One of the main reasons I put the (complete lack of) effort into running this place is the fact that people are free to say what they like (within the obvious bounds of sexism, racism, etc.) and are not and can not be curtailed by others claiming offense. Otherwise, what's to stop me claiming that all opinions supporting gingers are offensive and have that opinion shut down?

Collateral damage it is then.

Scara has snowflaked you @StephenH and although he would very much like you to keep posting, really doesn't give a f.ck if you don't.

The man is not for turning.

Simply apply this to yourself and everyone is happy. Prejuduce and discrimination needs to be called out. Stephen did. The consensus on here is he was right to. You can't be asked to police yourself, so take the democratic will of the board instead. Then we move on, rather than out.

Sorry mate you really are blowing up what i have posted, i understand some wilt under name calling and some do not, simple as that. Name calling is just that nothing more nothing less.
It's really not. It's designed to denigrate or belittle. It's very existence (and we've done it from to time) is to cause pain or negativity to the recipient.
Yes some people are more resilient to it than others, but that doesn't make it acceptable and belittling someone and suggesting is weak is something you should genuinely be ashamed of.
We have had our differences and agreements over the years on here, but you have usually had a decent moral compass. I think you are a bit out of line on this one and choosing the wrong target, you are looking at the victims reaction and pinpointing that as the issue rather than the attack itself.
(There is certainly an argument for a victim being "stronger" by letting the attack affect less, and perhaps that is what you were trying to say? If so, it didn't come across that way. But the bottom line is, the victim shouldn't have to experience the name calling. And when they do, they should be shown support, not rejection.)

Simply apply this to yourself and everyone is happy. Prejuduce and discrimination needs to be called out. Stephen did. The consensus on here is he was right to. You can't be asked to police yourself, so take the democratic will of the board instead. Then we move on, rather than out.
Allowing others to judge only works if one believes that they, either as individuals or a collective, are better capable of judging a situation. Suffice it to say, I've never felt that in my life.

Back