• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

8 out of 10 elections are won by the taller candidate because people subconsciously associate 'good genes' with 'good leadership'. Humans are much dumber/more visceral than they like to think.

Caveman brains in a space age world
I love the fact that we've all just accepted that taller = better genes.

Obviously it's true, but I expected at least one person to disagree

I love the fact that we've all just accepted that taller = better genes.

Obviously it's true, but I expected at least one person to disagree

Height and symmetrical faces are the two things humans look for as a sign of good genes. Height only applies to males, symmetrical faces to all

I'm quite into evolutionary psychology - Robin Dunbar and all that

Hitler and napoleon were short arses that inspired nations to rise to great and giddy heights by inspiring fanatical devotion in them.
Also don't think El Duce or Stalin were that tall.

Hitler and napoleon were short arses that inspired nations to rise to great and giddy heights by inspiring fanatical devotion in them.
Also don't think El Duce or Stalin were that tall.

My guess is that would be in an age between community leaders and tv leaders - i.e. they could hide it. Like Lincoln's squeaky voice

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2018/03/20/scl-a-very-british-coup/

...Cambridge Analytica is a mere offshoot of Strategic Communication Laboratories (SCL Group) – an organisation with its roots deeply embedded within the British political, military and royal establishment.

Indeed, it seems evident that the organisation is a product of murky alliances formed between venture capitalists and former British military and intelligence officers. Unsurprisingly, they also happen to be closely tied to the higher echelons of the Conservative party.

International deception and meddling is the name of the game for SCL. We finally have the most concrete evidence yet of shadowy actors using dirty tricks in order to rig elections. But these characters aren’t operating from Moscow intelligence bunkers.

Instead, they are British, Eton educated, headquartered in the city of London and have close ties to Her Majesty’s government.

________

The full article at the link above provides more details about the connections, the whole thing was a bit long to copy and paste.

Or, if you prefer, the Twitter thread:

It is deeply ironic that facebookers (or whatever they are called) are forever moaning about trump and Brexit now appear to have help to win these votes.

I can't be the only one though who thinks these claims are a bit spurious.
As I understand it using info gleaned from aa survey and profiles they targeted certain groups.
Most of the people that I know that on Facebook 'embellish' their profiles and don't answer surveys truthfully.

I don't see how targeted political advertising is any different to race hate stories being in The Mail and pleb hate stories being in The Guardian

The wider issue is that people are happy to outsource their opinion forming without checking the bona fides of the influencer.

It is deeply ironic that facebookers (or whatever they are called) are forever moaning about trump and Brexit now appear to have help to win these votes.

I can't be the only one though who thinks these claims are a bit spurious.
As I understand it using info gleaned from aa survey and profiles they targeted certain groups.
Most of the people that I know that on Facebook 'embellish' their profiles and don't answer surveys truthfully.

Seems bigger than that to me. If you watch the CH4 video linked earlier, you see the CA people talking about how they wrote the manifesto for the Kenyan President, wrote his campaign speeches. They talk about plenty of dirty tricks, in conjunction with the big data stuff. This turns out to be a company, one of a group who are connected to the British establishment through school ties, government donations, ex spies, Lords etc.

It's like the private arm of the British establishment meddling in elections around the world. Facebook copping the flak seems like a sideshow imo.

I hope that the journalists who broke this story keep digging.

Last edited:
Back