• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

If anyone's ever in doubt about BBC bias - just look at their breakdown of Stalin's Corbyn's manifesto. Not a single mention of the fact that he plans to increase taxation on those earning £80K+ (or what we in the South East call a living wage).

They did the same when they did one of their little explainers on all the party policies the other day too. Gave detail on where they all stood on everything but taxation.

If you're earning 80k+ per year (top 3% of earners) and the prospect of having to pay another 8 quid a month upsets you, I'm afraid you need to have a real hard look at yourself in the mirror, coz you're likely a prick. These people have no idea how tough some other's out there do it.

As many boomers say to young people who can't afford housing these days, cut back on your coffee and avo on toast, that'll get your 8 quid a month back, ya tight arse clams.

I think you're unlikely to find one as most governments that believe in open borders also believe in large government.

I'd say my view on economics as a fairly pure free market belief is reasonably rare as it's an impossible sell to an undereducated electorate. But I firmly believe that the movement of all commodities should be entirely free of government meddling and that includes people.

Yes I know we are free market but open borders and free market inevitably leads to demands for more welfare and human rights for minorities, that's just realism ..

Having your open border free market idealism is one thing, facing up to it's consequences is another..

Around one in ten. Terrible odds at an election but that kind of bet comes in all the time unfortunately.

Amyone notice this disconnect? Corbyn and Labour are irrelevant and no threat to Tory hegemony, yet Scara is still bricking his pants and we get all his distortions such as Corbyn hates the Jews etc. The fact that Labour scare the likes of Scara is the main reason i support them. Labour should upset rabid right wingers.

If you're earning 80k+ per year (top 3% of earners) and the prospect of having to pay another 8 quid a month upsets you, I'm afraid you need to have a real hard look at yourself in the mirror, coz you're likely a prick. These people have no idea how tough some other's out there do it.

As many boomers say to young people who can't afford housing these days, cut back on your coffee and avo on toast, that'll get your 8 quid a month back, ya tight arse clams.
You're a factor of 10 out there at least by my calculations.

And there's an important principal at stake here. Those trots are using the media to try and classify anyone on £80k+ as rich. That might be the case if you live in some Northern brickhole, but that's barely a surviving wage in the South East.

A person earning £80k can't afford a house in Chichester. A person earning £80k can't afford a decent education for their kids. They'll have to take out a loan to buy even a mediocre car and they won't be dressed by Richard James.

These are not rich people, these are normal, hardworking people. If the trots want to tax these people and the public vote for that then fine. Let's not dress this up as taxing the rich though, because it's not - it's an attack on normal people in the part of the country that has worth and props up the rest of it.

You're a factor of 10 out there at least by my calculations.

And there's an important principal at stake here. Those trots are using the media to try and classify anyone on £80k+ as rich. That might be the case if you live in some Northern brickhole, but that's barely a surviving wage in the South East.

A person earning £80k can't afford a house in Chichester. A person earning £80k can't afford a decent education for their kids. They'll have to take out a loan to buy even a mediocre car and they won't be dressed by Richard James.

These are not rich people, these are normal, hardworking people. If the trots want to tax these people and the public vote for that then fine. Let's not dress this up as taxing the rich though, because it's not - it's an attack on normal people in the part of the country that has worth and props up the rest of it.

Where to even begin with this utter nonsense... You think everyone around you is earning a base wage of 80k? What a fudging joke. Were you on the telly the other night?

The fact this isn't called out as total nonsense by the BBC is very concerning.

Amyone notice this disconnect? Corbyn and Labour are irrelevant and no threat to Tory hegemony, yet Scara is still bricking his pants and we get all his distortions such as Corbyn hates the Jews etc. The fact that Labour scare the likes of Scara is the main reason i support them. Labour should upset rabid right wingers.
The fact that one of our political parties scares the people who own and run the businesses this country relies on should also scare you.

The old adage that we are a nation of shopkeepers isn't entirely accurate, but it's a lot more pithy than the truth - we are a nation of SMEs. Comrade Corbyn and his merry band of anti-Semitic trots seem to think the best way to fund this country is to slaughter the golden goose and then expect it to keep laying eggs. He's relying on envy and resentment from the very people those businesses employ to destroy their own jobs.

@scaramanga you’re actually showing your disconnect and ignorance here by stating £80k is barely a living wage. I’m not sure if you’re trying to boast that you earn over £80k or if you’re genuinely not aware what the average wage is ‘down South’. Are you aware what the average salary is in London?

I see people with families in London living on far less than £80k and not in a dire situation you paint. Anecdotes do not make for factual evidence.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
The fact that one of our political parties scares the people who own and run the businesses this country relies on should also scare you.

The old adage that we are a nation of shopkeepers isn't entirely accurate, but it's a lot more pithy than the truth - we are a nation of SMEs. Comrade Corbyn and his merry band of anti-Semitic trots seem to think the best way to fund this country is to slaughter the golden goose and then expect it to keep laying eggs. He's relying on envy and resentment from the very people those businesses employ to destroy their own jobs.

Your leader Boris the fascist calls black people piccaninnies, but that's not racist apparently. The right wing media aren't interested in his blatant racism.

@scaramanga you’re actually showing your disconnect and ignorance here by stating £80k is barely a living wage. I’m not sure if you’re trying to boast that you earn over £80k or if you’re genuinely not aware what the average wage is ‘down South’. Are you aware what the average salary is in London?

I see people with families in London living on far less than £80k and not in a dire situation you paint. Anecdotes do not make for factual evidence.

I'm not sure why one's salary would be something to boast about - especially not at £80k.

Let's break that down though. At £80k, less pension and tax, etc. take home will be around £4.5k. A 3 bed family home in a decent bit of London would be about £1m - let's say £900k mortgage after deposit. At 2% over 35 years that's £3k a month. So £1.5k left.

Now, a car someone can turn up at work in will run you about £400 per month over 5 years, so that's £1.1k left. Council tax, bills, food etc is likely to take up most of that, leaving nothing spare for decent schooling, holidays, savings etc.

£80k in London is not nearly enough - one of the many reasons I no longer live there.

Your leader Boris the fascist calls black people piccaninnies, but that's not racist apparently. The right wing media aren't interested in his blatant racism.
And his opposite number is an anti-Semite. If neither party will choose an acceptable leader (and neither have) then at least we can vote for the one that doesn't want to ruin the country

And his opposite number is an anti-Semite. If neither party will choose an acceptable leader (and neither have) then at least we can vote for the one that doesn't want to ruin the country

No just because you need him to be an anti semmite, does not make him one. All Boris' racist language is on the record. Not that people would know, because the media are in the the pockets of the Tories.

And that really is where we are. Which somewhat questionable person to vote for?!

Policy wise - it is a key election for the UK. Do we want to jump to a US type country and Scandi-lite type?
The UK has always been conflicted over this. This is the first time I have known where we genuinely have that choice.
Yet..... there is no-one I WANT to vote for.

And that really is where we are. Which somewhat questionable person to vote for?!

Policy wise - it is a key election for the UK. Do we want to jump to a US type country and Scandi-lite type?
The UK has always been conflicted over this. This is the first time I have known where we genuinely have that choice.
Yet..... there is no-one I WANT to vote for.

You vote for your local candidate and the ideology that you support. Whoever gains the prime ministership will only be 'first amongst equals' as the saying goes.

I'm not sure why one's salary would be something to boast about - especially not at £80k.

Let's break that down though. At £80k, less pension and tax, etc. take home will be around £4.5k. A 3 bed family home in a decent bit of London would be about £1m - let's say £900k mortgage after deposit. At 2% over 35 years that's £3k a month. So £1.5k left.

Now, a car someone can turn up at work in will run you about £400 per month over 5 years, so that's £1.1k left. Council tax, bills, food etc is likely to take up most of that, leaving nothing spare for decent schooling, holidays, savings etc.

£80k in London is not nearly enough - one of the many reasons I no longer live there.

Again. This is anecdotal to what you consider a a living wage, a ‘decent bit of London’, paying for private education, where you would prefer to holiday. £80k may not be enough for you specifically to afford living in London but that doesn’t make it the norm.

Again. This is anecdotal to what you consider a a living wage, a ‘decent bit of London’, paying for private education, where you would prefer to holiday. £80k may not be enough for you specifically to afford living in London but that doesn’t make it the norm.

Even if one were to find a way to survive on that in London, they would be a very, very long way from rich.

So Corbyn's claim is that he's taxing the rich. He's not, he's taxing normal people without the spare money to be taxed.

Ok. Once again, your anecdotal viewpoint of what constitutes rich and normal is irrelevant. Can you tell me what percentile people earning £80k are in the UK? Also, have you worked out how much extra you will pay in tax per month if Labour come into power?

Back