• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

This was 10 years ago before any kind of Brexit and we didn't farm jobs out we expanded.

If you follow the discussion back, it starts with a British company in Bristol, who's expansion has been curtailed and face serious issues due to Brexit. Scara's suggestion was setting up in the EU.

Look the reality is, we will lose jobs with a no deal exit. It is so clear and logical. If you have tarriffs on things like cars, they stop being produced here. Simple. All those people making cars and in the various support industries are fooked. What is good about that? What should these folks do next?

What industries will Brexit magically create for the UK? For that matter what do we get back from No Deal Brexit?

What industries will Brexit magically create for the UK? For that matter what do we get back from No Deal Brexit?

Well I did say before about the number of London tech jobs available and the talent flocking to the UK regardless of Brexit so although jobs not created by Brexit people are not being put off by coming to the UK and Tech Firms are making HUGE investments into the capital. I have a friend at London and Partners who is tasked with working on events in London and attracting investment into the capital via events such as London Tech week and he said things have never been so buoyant.

So I know you will spin that anyway you like abit like when companies shut UK operations and said Brexit played no part but the doom and gloom played out on here is no way near the reality.

Twitter is the mother of all brick shows today. I know it is usually a cesspool but even the more restrainted commentators have decided to jump in two footed studs up.

Blair (minus the one-eyed pension stealing monster) was a fairly decent leftist. The David in Ed "Should have been David" Milliband is OK.

Thing is, the Overton window has shifted massively in this country over the last generation or two. What in the late 70s and early 80s was simply "Left" (and the kind of politics promoted by Corbyn) is now so far left of the centre, that it is indistinguishable from Communism. Granularity fades with distance, and Corbyn's ideology is so far from the centre in this country that its balance across the centre pivot is not the current Conservative party, it's UKIP and the EDL.

:confused:

No the Overton Window has not shifted Scara, just your extreme right wing hyperbolic rhetoric.
You genuinely think the discourse in UK politics and the range of policies the general public considers acceptable has not changed since the late 70s?

No wonder your political opinions are as they are, you clearly have to interaction with the real world. I'm not suggesting you like it or even approve of it, but I've yet to converse with anyone serious who doesn't believe the Overton Window has shifted significantly in that time span.

I know I was just giving a story, it is allowed no?

Of course. You can also learn from stories.

Well I did say before about the number of London tech jobs available and the talent flocking to the UK regardless of Brexit so although jobs not created by Brexit people are not being put off by coming to the UK and Tech Firms are making HUGE investments into the capital. I have a friend at London and Partners who is tasked with working on events in London and attracting investment into the capital via events such as London Tech week and he said things have never been so buoyant.

So I know you will spin that anyway you like abit like when companies shut UK operations and said Brexit played no part but the doom and gloom played out on here is no way near the reality.

Tech industry will be fine. Ironic as they are mostly Remainers. It's the factory jobs, like the guy in Bristol, or the car workers who need be concerned. Then all of us if there is less money for public services, and our own personal money doesn't go as far.

“Shutting down parliament in order to force through a no deal Brexit which will do untold and lasting damage to the country against the wishes of MPs is not democracy. It’s a dictatorship"

Attribute the quote quiz.

Of course. You can also learn from stories.

Tech industry will be fine. Ironic as they are mostly Remainers. It's the factory jobs, like the guy in Bristol, or the car workers who need be concerned. Then all of us if there is less money for public services, and our own personal money doesn't go as far.

Lets see, all will become clearer. I am yet to see the apocalyptic collapse of society, queues at Waitrose with stock piling and sees of blood which was predicted by Remain so .......

Proroguing parliament is the democratic thing to do.
It is if parliament is actively attempting to circumvent the results of a referendum.

If I thought for a second that the genuine aim of those attempting to block No Deal simply wanted to do that and no more, I would understand their actions (despite the damage that does to our negotiation position). But they know full well that taking No Deal off the table will ensure that we end up remaining in the EU - and that is what I believe they are attempting to force.

Lets see, all will become clearer. I am yet to see the apocalyptic collapse of society, queues at Waitrose with stock piling and sees of blood which was predicted by Remain so .......

I don't think it will be so dramatic. Just a long term decline in the UK. Decline in the value of what you earn and the UKs standing. It won't be a big sudden shift, but could happen over a few years to a decade.

Back