1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Politics, politics, politics (is it done yet?)

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by SpurMeUp, 19 Feb 2019.

1. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Les Ferdinand

I think the biggest 'regret' is the way Labour tried to hide from Brexit. It didn't challenge Boris. It didn't show up his brexit sales trick. It didn't attempt to outline and highlight the pointlessness of Boris' brexit approach or that "Get Brexit done" was simply a way to con people into voting for him.

A more accurate statement would be "Get the first stage of Brexit done". Labour ceded Brexit, rolled over and didn't fight back letting the Tory's claim brexit is simple and done. Which of course it aint.

galeforce and Bedfordspurs like this.
  2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Paul Stewart

I genuinely think its exactly that. Anyone thinking they can obstruct the vote (even if they didn't like it) has been shown up to be foolish now
    Im personally disappointed that locally we have stuck with the lab minister. He hasnt been bad at all but has gone against the local vote and for me that means he has failed!!!

3. Bedfordspurs

Everyone stance (other than the Scottish Nazi Party) seems to be slag of the others.. its poor sales technique yet they love it!!!!!

4. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

5. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Naybet

You may not have noticed, but not too many people on here or more widely have been overly enthusiastic about Johnson's credentials for PM. That he has been chosen so overwhelmingly should therefore tell you a lot about how the public feel about his opponent.

And by the way, speaking for myself, this is the result that preserved my job. I'd have been unemployed by summer had Jezza got his way.

6. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Les Ferdinand

The smart thing and 'what won it' was Boris simplifying Brexit. Making out that it is just one thing. The truth is, Brexit is a collection of many boring but highly important things - from the irish border and ensuring peace, the unity of the UK, peoples future travel arrangements and freedom, Uk citizens rights in the EU, trade agreements and the Uk economy, and the UKs regulatory legal setup, the EU exit agreement, a future trade agreement with our biggest trading partners and a whole heap of other very boring stuff. But all massively important to the UK. Most of the above is not nearly "done". Only the withdrawal agreement is.

Blocking "it" is a misunderstanding because Brexit is not one thing. Brexit is a collection of dull, but vital ongoing flimflam that will run and run. It will shape the UKs future position in the world so it needs all sorts of time, care, money and patience. Boris pretended it was wrapped up - sorted - that was a lie but also genius.

7. galeforce

galeforce Ralph Coates

I consider the initial referendum invalid as it was so obviously flawed, I didn't think stopping Brexit was undemocratic based on that, today, I've flipped, yesterday gives a valid mandate for it.

8. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Naybet

Jezza & his crew...?! Learn....? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Good one...!

9. scaramanga

scaramanga George Hunt Staff Member

Don't fall for Momentum's propaganda.

It wasn't all about Brexit - Labour lost brickloads of votes in Remain constituencies too. This election was a thorough rejection of Marxism and anti-semitism.

inkpenspur likes this.
  10. Bedfordspurs

Yep your right. Sell the dream and keep it simple.. treat everyone as idiots or plebs
    Its why IMO the Conservatives will be binned off net election as everyone releases their killing the country

11. Rorschach

Rorschach Terry Dyson

The border will be in the irish sea, not between the north and south. He is a lying clam though.

12. Bedfordspurs

Not sure i agree but their all bigger negative than having Boris the Bastard on board

13. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Naybet

With respect, though, I personally believe that this was a minority view within the wider 'remain' block. At the very least, it wasn't unanimous. My closest friend for example voted remain, and probably would have done so again in a second referendum, but he was absolutely appalled by the political shenanigans - predominantly Labour's - aimed at frustrating the honouring of the result. I don't believe he was alone among remain voters in that.

14. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Les Ferdinand

No doubt. Corbyn has been a weak candidate since he took the helm. The mini-rally he had in 2017 was hailed as something but it was a loss against an extremely weak PM. It kept him on. But everyone knew he was toast. All that doesn't change that Labour dropped the ball on Brexit. It was cowardly. Rather than accept the challenge it let Boris tell people brexit was easy and in-hand. It gave the Tories Brexit - and the victory - on a plate. They said thanks v much.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2019
    scaramanga likes this.
  15. Legohamster

Legohamster Paul Stalteri

Labour lost seats in Brexit areas with Brext voting/supporting MPs

It was 100 percent about the leader and his arrogance.

For me, its more about Abbott - You can sort of see Jezza as a PM (Albeit a terrible one) but fudging hell... Abbott and some of the other shadow cabinet?

Hard no.

scaramanga likes this.
  16. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Les Ferdinand

Do you accept that Brexit is far more complex than a single issue item? See the list above about what it entails for the nation. The amount of gonad*s our government has to work through to "get it done" needs some understanding. Everything from pets rights to travel to vital trade arrangements and UK jobs.

I know that is not how leave voters see it. They just want "it" done!

17. Rorschach

Rorschach Terry Dyson

There is no getting it done. That's the real punchline. This will drag on and on until the end of the British Empire. So not that long really I suppose.

SpurMeUp and galeforce like this.
  18. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Vedran Corluka

400% this

19. Legohamster

Legohamster Paul Stalteri

I think if Labour had a plan and blocked for said plan before going for an election at the first chance there would have been more sympathy

but they didnt have a plan.

20. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Gerry Armstrong

If the Tories had any sense they would be pork barreling those newly won northern seats, as of tomorrow with a vengence, but they wont... because they despise working class people.