• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overall match ratings so far this season

zin

Anthony Gardner
Average player rating so far this season (excludes league cup game against Carlisle which had no ratings submitted and excludes Van der Vaart's 2 games). Games played are at the bottom and average rating at the top. Average player rating for all players is 6.16.

w79Vk.jpg

Interesting to see that BAE has such a low rating (admittedly with a very small sample size). I would have expected the choice to be him and Naughton as full backs.

Would also like to see how Falque fares in time with more ratings.

Nice work Zin, +1 for you.

Not too many surprises in there in my opinion.

Defoe's ratings look a little lower then they should be, however anyone can see how much he divides opinion on here.

Highlights the problem with Siggy and DEmpsey being brick so far this season. The Falque rating also isnt representative given the number of games and that none of them are league games

Do you mean best XI based on performances this season or best XI to go forward?

I think we have to play Adebayor and Lloris to get the best overall team. However, Adebayor's position is based on last season and Lloris's on the future, as neither have done enough to justify best XI so far. I'd still opt for Assou-Ekotto as our best left-back. The rest picks itself. The obvious weak link is ACM and I give it to sigurdsson based on age and potential, although Falque is an interesting idea.

attachment.php

BestXI.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work Zin.

Nothing really unexpected in there, but just goes to show that a class player doesn't really need time to settle in to a new team. As for Sig and Dempsey I'm not sure they ever will.

Here's our match peformances in the sequence the matches were played. Average match rating is 6.30. As you can see we've been below average for a few games now. Wigan game is still open for votes.

dTsdq.jpg

Here's our match performances by best to worst.

qcG0l.jpg

Here's our match peformances in the sequence the matches were played. Average match rating is 6.30. As you can see we've been below average for a few games now. Wigan game is still open for votes.

dTsdq.jpg

I wonder if the ratings don't reflect a trend. Were we really worse against Norwich than West Brom or was it the second disappointment in a row that caused the lower score? Were we rally so much better against Reading than QPR or was the Reading result a response to the relief.

Nice work Zin, +1 for you.

Not too many surprises in there in my opinion.

Defoe's ratings look a little lower then they should be, however anyone can see how much he divides opinion on here.

Defoe ratings in the sequence of games played this season.

S5UMu.jpg

I wonder if the ratings don't reflect a trend. Were we really worse against Norwich than West Brom or was it the second disappointment in a row that caused the lower score? Were we rally so much better against Reading than QPR or was the Reading result a response to the relief.

We really were on both counts. The Norwich (H) game was a lot worse than the West Brom one and the QPR game we didn't deserve to win.

I think regardless of the love/hate many have for Defoe he is probably just that kind of striker where if he scores it's job done, we usually get a result, he gets a 7 or 8, but if he doesn't score most people are quick to dismiss his overall contribution. Someone like Ade is much more likely to not score yet still get decent marks for his all round contribution.

I'm sure Defoe would be happy with 20 goals but a 6.5 overall average rating.

Probably fair to say Defoe's rating has been impacted by the fact he's being asked to play a role that is not his strongest, and only him scoring reduces that bias.

Edit: dingdongo beat me to it.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away as a performance was underrated, was far better than any of our home performances, despite the result.

I agree. Very surprised Saudi Sportswashing Machine inst in our top 3 performances this season, it was definitely better than QPR for goodness sake. It's funny, we do beat Man Utd after thousands of years yet I still don't think over 90 minutes it was one of our best performances, I suppose just the fact we beat united made us so happy we instantly made it our best performance.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away as a performance was underrated, was far better than any of our home performances, despite the result.

Problem with the Saudi Sportswashing Machine rating is that noone excelled, highest rating was 7.07 for a player.

Back