• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Origins of Nicknames

SUIYHA

Scott Parker
Been wondering where a few of the derogatory nicknames fans give other clubs have come from. Lots of chants about "Chelsea Rent Boys" ringing round WHL today. I know fans of other clubs sometimes refer to them as that too. Does that come from the Abramovic money and players "whoring" themselves out to play for Chelsea for money, or was it sung before? I can't remember.

Another one is the Bin Dippers. Is there an origin behind that one or is it just a general referral to Liverpool being a place of poverty?

And then there's the Pikeys. That would actually have made more sense for Arsenal given their move across London, but is there a historical reason why West Ham are referred to as that?

Any more out there with good stories? Our "I am Spartacus" adoption of the Yid nickname is fantastic and well documented of course.

I think Chelsea is related to the hooligan days, when one of their top guys was caught with a male prostitute, gave a whole new meaning to Chelsea Headhunters...

I assume Bin Dippers comes from the 'In your Liverpool Slums' song that you don't hear so much nowadays.
'.....you look in your dustbin for something to eat, you find a dead rat and you think it's a treat, in your Liverpool slums'.
Ah. Nostalgia.

Surely Chelsea's is to do with the affluent area and the posh men getting rent boys?

Pikey is more to do with the style and nature of their fans - their chavs

Bin dippers is all to do with the lack of money on pool and the fans

Chelsea, back in the day, was an area where you'd find rent boys, like Kings Cross for prostitutes

Back