• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player from history - 2019/20 edition

If you could pick one player from our history for current team who would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely Modric.

Although Bale would instantly win us games because Bale, he wouldn't do anything to fix our current inability to play football.

Modric, on the other hand, would instantly solve most of what is wrong with our team. The added bonus is that we could go back to what appears to be the only style of play that Poch and our team can manage.

Absolutely Modric.

Although Bale would instantly win us games because Bale, he wouldn't do anything to fix our current inability to play football.

Modric, on the other hand, would instantly solve most of what is wrong with our team. The added bonus is that we could go back to what appears to be the only style of play that Poch and our team can manage.

A three man midfield of N'Dombele, Lo Celso and Modřic would be pretty sexy

Modric or Dembele.

Either would completely change the way we play and the way teams are able to play against us.

Bale I guess would make us ridiculously more threatening which in turn would make us defend less, but the other two feel more of a rounded solution.

Modric or Dembele.

Either would completely change the way we play and the way teams are able to play against us.

Bale I guess would make us ridiculously more threatening which in turn would make us defend less, but the other two feel more of a rounded solution.

I'm not sure that Dembele would be a great fit with N'Dombele and Lo Celso

Leadership is a quality I feel we're lacking, so rather than one of our greats from the past, flair players coming in, I'd go with the no nonsense proud to be a Spur barrel chested Dave Mackay.. He were actually, more than just good on the ball.

If @milo would allow the second player ..Then I'd go all in on a double pivot of Dave Mackay and Graham Roberts. Crunch time!

We seem to have a full-back problem so for the poll, some big shouts out for some of our quality full-backs from yesteryear, Steve Perryman, Cyril Knowles, Chris Hughton, Christian Ziege..I quite liked Benny Ekotto too!..

We seem to have a full-back problem so for the poll, some big shouts out for some of our quality full-backs from yesteryear, Steve Perryman, Cyril Knowles, Chris Hughton, Christian Ziege..I quite liked Benny Ekotto too!..

"Nice one Cyril" great player and hard as nails.

"Nice one Cyril" great player and hard as nails.

In those days I'd get to the Lane early with my little foot stool, sometimes two hours prior to kick-off so as to claim my spot at the Paxton Rd/Shelf corner flag, next to the St John's Ambulance gents ...

He were the first full-back I got to see close up...Like you say, great player and hard as nails.

In those days I'd get to the Lane early with my little foot stool, sometimes two hours prior to kick-off so as to claim my spot at the Paxton Rd/Shelf corner flag, next to the St John's Ambulance gents ...

He were the first full-back I got to see close up...Like you say, great player and hard as nails.

I used to go early as well mostly to see Glenn warm up, in those days i was working in M/C and used to travel down on match day. There was never any team news around and we only got it on the radio and when Glenn was not fit to play we used to be most of the way there and i was always sad that he was not going to show his magic.

I used to go early as well mostly to see Glenn warm up, in those days i was working in M/C and used to travel down on match day. There was never any team news around and we only got it on the radio and when Glenn was not fit to play we used to be most of the way there and i was always sad that he was not going to show his magic.

Yeah I loved all that, bunching up around the transistor radio to hear who's in the team ..

I also remember calling call out to the players in earshot and would often get a response..Steve Perryman on more than one occasion come towards our little gathering and applauded us...

I also remember Jimmy Greaves, one time coming over to the corner flag to practice his corners and having an ongoing convo with us all, in between taking his corner kicks.. I were a 9 year old with the older brother and his mates, and Jimmy Greaves was like, "alright lads?" - Let's see if this one's better than the last one," - "I meant to hit the crossbar with that one".

All of us were awe struck by his presence but he were such a friendly approachable character and we joked and laughed along with him..

Does Mourinho coming in change anything? Which of these would be the best fit for filling a gap in a Mourinho side?

These players seem to have the most support. Anyone missing, does the change in manager change the gap in the team?

Bale, Blanchflower, Gascoigne, Hoddle, Mackay, Modric

These players seem to have the most support. Anyone missing, does the change in manager change the gap in the team?

Bale, Blanchflower, Gascoigne, Hoddle, Mackay, Modric

Well, he'd love a Mackay or a Modric wouldn't he...

Yeah I loved all that, bunching up around the transistor radio to hear who's in the team ..

I also remember calling call out to the players in earshot and would often get a response..Steve Perryman on more than one occasion come towards our little gathering and applauded us...

I also remember Jimmy Greaves, one time coming over to the corner flag to practice his corners and having an ongoing convo with us all, in between taking his corner kicks.. I were a 9 year old with the older brother and his mates, and Jimmy Greaves was like, "alright lads?" - Let's see if this one's better than the last one," - "I meant to hit the crossbar with that one".

All of us were awe struck by his presence but he were such a friendly approachable character and we joked and laughed along with him..
Greaves taking the corners?!!!

Who was in charge - Roy Hodgson?...

Back