• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City *** 15/08/2015 3pm

CMc5hF-WUAAmIuE.jpg

Always good to see Lloris back in goal.

I thought he would have stuck with Bentaleb for this game to give him the opportunity to make amends for his mistake last week but have no problems with him being dropped to the bench. He did make a similar mistake pre-season so this could be a kick up the backside for him.

That aside, like the team, i think we'll win 2-0. COYS!

Not sure Mason / Dier fills me with confidence & would have preferred Rose at LB but other than that it picks itself at the moment. Imagine Lamela will get a run out especially if we are not winning come the hour mark

This Dier flimflam needs to stop already.
Its not the game for Dembele neither.

To me this shows that Pochettino intends to play the exact same way at home and away regardless of opposition and how they play. We are going to struggle at home to break down teams as usual.

The experiment has to last at least 10 games to give it a chance to work, that is if it is an experiment and not just on getting player back fit.

Shows the ruthless streak in Poch - not a bad thing, I guess, as all good managers have it.

Not the team I would have picked but let's see...

Bit worried we're going to be exposed with that midfield, but we'll see; I'll wander over there about half past. Come on, you Lilywhites!

Think Pochettino has made all the right moves here.. Solid midfield and we will create chances, selected players who deserve to be out there.

Will Stoke park the bus? I doubt it but still don't like to see such a defensive shape at home. Only one up top and a dedicated DM with two penetrate less WF does not exactly fill me with great optimism, but hey ho. Not a team exactly brimming with excitement, more like one designed to grind out a result. Having said that we will probably now win 4-1 so what do I know.

Sorry to see no Pritchard even on the bench, could have been the key necessary to unlock a stubborn opponent.

Time will tell.

It was disappointing to lose to ManU in our first match last week. We need to win this match to get back on track. We lost to Stoke home and away last season. So, it is time for Pochettino to get revenge for that. Stoke have always been a difficult opponents for us. So, this is going to be a difficult match for us, as always.

Without a doubt, all the pundits will again look at Kane's performance. Despite the pressure, hope Kane will rise to the occasion and get his first goal of the season in this match. Similiarly, want Eriksen and Chadli to have a good match for us as well. Badly want Eriksen to get back his goal scoring form of last season. Too bad that Lamela is not starting as he is our best creative player last season.

Still not convinced by our midfield as we badly lack a defensive midfielder. But it is nice to see Pochettino dropping Bentaleb whose mistake cost us the match against ManU. Also, nice to see Dembele getting another chance to impress. Still not convinced of Mason, but hope him and Dembele will work together to keep our midfield compact.

Happy to see Lloris returning in goal. Hope Vertonghen and Alderweireld will gel together to become our top defensive partners. Don't want to see any blunders like the one we made against ManU. Never been convinced of Walker's defensive methods but hope he will have a error-free match for once !

Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the win !

Didn't expect to see Bentaleb dropped. But it certainly sets a tone.

Great to see Lloris back in. It looks to me like Dier is being seriously considered as our "defensive midfielder" for this season. I'm not sure Pochettino would normally play a defensive minded CM against Stoke at home, but he wants to make sure he's up for the role before the window closes. Maybe?

Anyway; I think it's a decent team. I'd have preferred to see more pace in it; but aside from Townsend (who is probably not fully fit), Njie (who isn't registered yet) and Lennon (who is effectively out the door) - there's nobody who fulfils that role. Bring on Berahino! :)

COYS

Satisfied with the team lineup but maybe should have started Lamela. Also want to see Dele Alli coming on later to show what he can do.

Being at home, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot beat Stoke. Surely, we cannot let last season's defeats to affect us. Hope we will have a convince performance and win !

Back