1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Papercut, 8 May 2016.

1. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Which you might have noticed does not work on days like today when every seemed to lack the ability to hold onto the ball

2. Hootnow

Hootnow Mauricio Taricco

Arsenal have finished above us now for over 20 years, have won multiple league since the last time we won the league, have won multiple trophies since the last time we won one. We also haven't finished in the top 2 for what? 50 years?

What have we done to have this ridiculous arrogant attitude? Silverware or nothing? Well (as usual) we won no Silverware this season, didn't even come close.

We're not good enough to turn our noses up at a position like 2nd place.

Not to mention the psychological blown of finishing the season like a bunch of tards and having what was apparently our best season for years, against Arsenal apparently having one of their worst and them still finishing above us.

3. galeforce

galeforce Ralph Coates

another problem that needs fixing

4. Armchair Expert

Armchair Expert Vedran Corluka

are my eyes deceiving me? is someone trying to spin getting dingdonged 5-1 by a relegated 10 man newcastle is actually a good thing. really its better to finish behind arsenal?

is that the line we are towing here? good grief.

Jurgen the German and afsoc4life like this.
  5. indianspur

indianspur Guest

Poch, just like his mentor Bielsa, are not winners. Their teams implode when it matters

StephenH likes this.
  6. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Thank feck the season is over because I need a break from watching us

Last edited: 15 May 2016
    GlennGoddle likes this.
  7. Armchair Expert

Armchair Expert Vedran Corluka

do you have any evidence for this ludicrous statement... oh wait. you're completely right!

remember when we played against dortmund and losing 5-1 was ok because they were better than real madrid? the same dortmund liverpool just beat about 4 weeks ago? yeah, me too.

8. Craig_J

Craig_J Alan Hutton

Just got in from work. Went to check the scores. Was expecting Arsenal to finish above us and us to lose like Spurs do. But the scoreline I've just seen is unforgiveable. Absolutely unforgivable.

Players didn't give a toss about anything after the Chelsea game.

What an awful end to a season of promise.

9. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Scott Parker

True but they were let down by two of our players choosing to punch and gouge the eyes of opposing players.

10. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

SO you have made up your mind on Potch after his first full season? Next you will be leading the lynch mob with pitch forks

thfcsteff likes this.
  11. billyiddo

billyiddo Les Howe Staff Member

Oh look Indianspur is back what a fudging surprise

thfcsteff likes this.
  12. Hootnow

Hootnow Mauricio Taricco

I have to say, putting aside emotion for a second, I'm a bit disappointed with how Poch approached d the match.

At 2-1, and against 10 men, we were looking good and putting sustained pressure on Newcastle. It wasn't quite time to panic just yet. Unfortunately, that'd what he did.

The players approach to the match initially wasn't good enough either. They went into it seeming not to care.

Oh well, he and the team are young I guess.

AjaxDeSuperYids likes this.
  13. galeforce

galeforce Ralph Coates

Demebele would be in that group for sure, but 4 of the 5 seniors should be more than enough

14. indianspur

indianspur Guest

It's just an observation based on history

15. Rorschach

Rorschach Terry Dyson

16. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Scott Parker

Operation or not, Mason is not the quality we need.

Him and carrol must go (they haven't done a lot wrong but there not we need moving forward) benteleb can join them if he doesn't sort himself out.

We need to sign two or three of Bazoer, Tielemens, Witsel and Wijnaldrum who I have long rated prior to today.

Get umtiti and batyishu and we shouldn't see a performance like today again for a long time.

thfcsteff likes this.
  17. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Iversen

To think that we needed just 1pt from our final 2 games and (having lost only 4 from our previous 36) we lost both of them :mad::(:oops:

Armchair Expert likes this.
  18. Craig_J

Craig_J Alan Hutton

Agreed. Pathetic are those saying things like that.

Silverware or nothing. From the team that haven't won silverware of importance in 20 years.

Every club in the league, except of course Leicester, can justify their failure to finish ahead of the team above them with "Well we could have, but silverware or nothing init"

19. Spursman

Spursman Neil Ruddock

Shell shocked

20. suffolkspur

suffolkspur Ben Thatcher

This is exactly it for me. Yes Newcastle had camped deep and I can understand Poch wanting us to go for it but to me that is the kind of substitution you would make with 5-10 minutes to go with nothing to lose. For the first time in the match although losing we were starting to gain control and the momentum had started to swing in our favour. The substitution left us badly exposed to the counter attack. We played the system so badly i wonder if we had even trained for it because no-one seem to have a clue of what they were meant to be doing out there :confused:

Bullet and AjaxDeSuperYids like this.