• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
----------------------------Gazza----------------------------

--Aurier-----Alderweireld----Sanchez---Vertonghen--

----------------------Dier------Eriksen---------

----Moura-----------------Dele-----------------Sessegnon

-----------------------------Son-------------------------------

This would be the team I'd pick to get slaughtered.

Think we need to get Verts out of that left back spot for tomorrow. As they always play three up front I would consider us playing a back three to counter that. We wont
get much if any experimenting in this game due to the opponents. So I think we will set up like this?

-----------------------------Gazza-----------------------------

-----------------Sanchez----Toby-----Verts--------------------
Aurier-------------------------------------------Sessengnon
---------------------Dier---Winks----------------------------
----------------------------------------Moura-----------------
----------------------Dele-------------------------------------
------------------------------Son------------------------------

Think we need to get Verts out of that left back spot for tomorrow. As they always play three up front I would consider us playing a back three to counter that. We wont
get much if any experimenting in this game due to the opponents. So I think we will set up like this?

Verts would end up at left back anyway because their fullbacks are so good and we'll end up doubling up out wide.

Everyone of our defenders is getting caught this season by faster players

Yep but at least our current first choice back four of Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld and Sessegnon only has one slow player. It has other problems but I think that it's our best option right now.

Personally I wouldnt play a back 3 against them - risk is that your wingbacks get pinned back marking their wide forwards.

I think its better to go with a back 4, with the full backs tucked in marking their wide forwards and then leaving our two CBs marking their central CF - gives a bit of spare defensive cover in the middle. Our two CMs and our no 10 (Dele) then pick up their midfielders....but its also why I think we need pace out wide (Moura and Sessegnon) to cover their full backs when they push on.

It is hard to get motivated for this match. We have such a poor record against the top 6 teams in recent years. In fact, we have failed to beat any top 6 teams for more than 1 year now, drawing 3 and losing 8 of our last 11 matches against them. We have even worse record against Liverpool, losing our last 4 matches against them, including that CL final last season. We have only beaten Liverpool once in the last 16 matches and that was the 4-1 win at Wembley in 2018. With our poor form and injury problems now, we will need a miracle to get something from this match.

Our attack have been poor in recent matches. With Kane out injured until April, it is going to be even more difficult for our attack. Not sure we will be signing any new players in this transfer window. The likes of Son, Alli, Moura, Eriksen and Lamela need to lift their game and get us the goals until Kane returns. Surely, Lamela needs to start against Liverpool. His passion, work rate and creativity will be useful to stop Liverpool.

This match will be won or lost in midfield. With Ndombele injury-prone and Sissoko out injured until April, not sure who will start in midfield. Maybe we should play Dier and Winks but not sure they have the mentality to compete against big teams like Liverpool. If they do start, hope they will lift their game to help us stop Liverpool.

We have to be worried about our defence. We cannot seem to stop conceding goals this season while Liverpool always scores goals. This could get really ugly against Liverpool if we are not careful. Surely, we need to play Alderweireld and Vertonghen in centre defence to get the best out of them. Others like Sanchez, Aurier or Rose need to have error-free game as well. Wish Lloris is fit for this match. Gazzaniga has been making crucial mistakes in recent matches. Let's hope Gazzaniga will lift his game to stop Liverpool.

This is going to be a tense match. Can see Liverpool putting us under pressure from start to finish. Mourinho needs to use all his experience to help us get something from this match. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get at least a draw against Liverpool to help us in out top 4 race.

Time to show some fudging backbone:

-------------------------Gazza-------------------------------
Toby--------Foyth---------Sanchez----------Verts
-------------------------Dier----------------------------------
--------------Skipp-------------Alli------------------------
---Lamela---------------------------------Lo Celso---
--------------------------Son---------------------------------

Narrow, packed defending, try and get Alli, Lamela and Lo Celso up on the counter with Son.

Also full brickhouse mode please Jose. All I want to see is a fudging contest.

Edit: fudge how could I forget Tanguy is injured... The choice of Winks or Eriksen makes me sick, so I'd play Skipp instead

Last edited:
Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our players fully fit for this match, especially Kane and Lloris. It will help us greatly if we can get an early goal to settle our nerves. Let's hope we will put up a good performance to stop Liverpool and get at least a draw in this match.

At the airport with my little fella. His optimism must have worked on me coz we are winning today. I can find absolutely no logical reason to back this up or explain it, I've felt like a lamb to the slaughter all week but Jose is gonna find a way for us.

Sometimes, when every bit of logic is against a team, they just find a way to win. That's the magic of football isn't it? Or is it the mad ramblings of a condemned Tottenham fan and the folly of supporting this club has just been encapsulated within this post?

Back