• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liverpool are on a different planet to us confidence wise so I Didn’t mind that performance, pragmatic, stayed in it, then, kind of, gave it a go at the end. We had the chances to even win that let alone draw it. That’s not saying we were the better side, just that on another day.....

I'm surprised that no one has nominated Dele for MotM yet. I thought that he had a good game.

Second half only. He was pony in the first half and losing possession almost cost us another goal against

Liverpool are on a different planet to us confidence wise so I Didn’t mind that performance, pragmatic, stayed in it, then, kind of, gave it a go at the end. We had the chances to even win that let alone draw it. That’s not saying we were the better side, just that on another day.....
You trying to be positive
Stay tuned for the naysayers to tinkle on your camp fire

Sanchez, Tanganga, Moura, Lo Celso, Dele, Son, Alderweireld. Anyone else?
Not Dele, he was pants. He's still sat in the shower trying to decide whether to go shampoo conditioner or conditioner shampoo... then Moura threw him the shower gel and he hasn't got a clue what to do

While I thought LoCelso was pretty decent when he came on, is anyone else concerned by how one footed he appears to be. There were two instances today that the use of a right foot was required. The first was after he wriggled his way down the by-line and then tried a whipped in cross with his left foot, when the ball that would have been better cut back with his right to players in the penalty area. The second was of course his goal attempt. A player with a right foot would surely have slotted that.

While I thought LoCelso was pretty decent when he came on, is anyone else concerned by how one footed he appears to be. There were two instances today that the use of a right foot was required. The first was after he wriggled his way down the by-line and then tried a whipped in cross with his left foot, when the ball that would have been better cut back with his right to players in the penalty area. The second was of course his goal attempt. A player with a right foot would surely have slotted that.

Why should we be more concerned about him than our players who can only use their right foot?

Wow - just wow. Best player today? Dele? Surely he is extracting the urine?

He nominated four or five players, so I think that he is saying he should be in consideration rather than was the best player. I agree with him, Dele was asked to do a lot today and I think that he did most of it quite well.

My thoughts on today's game we're that Mourinho got the tactics right and we ended up a little unlucky not to get something out of that game. The best way to play Liverpool is to stay in the game for 60 minutes and then attack when they have run themselves out.

I thought our shape was right with Sanchez and Tanganga clearly detailed to track Salah and Mane's runs and Rose and Aurier detailed to defend against TAA and Robertson.

I thought the best player on the pitch was probably Wjnaldum. He kept on creating overloads out wide that Winks and Eriksen didn't deal with and also snuffed out a lot of our play on the rare occasions when we moved the ball forward.

I thought Moura worked tirelessly and made the most of the scraps he was feeding off in the first half. I thought our three defenders all played really well, very disciplined in their positioning. Aurier I thought also was very good, defending when necessary and providing width in attack and the ball he put in for Lo Celso deserved a goal.

I thought Rose was terrible, There is no way that Sessegnon could've done any worse than that. He was sloppy and slow. Eriksen also looked like he was playing to avoid injury, but still probably had more effect on the game than Winks who I just think isn't good enough for this level... there was an occasion about 14 minutes in when the ball broke to Winks and he could've put Son in behind Liverpool's defence with an easy first time pass, he took a bad touch, got it caught under his feet and then underhit a pass to their sole defender. Those are key moments in games and I'm confident that NDombele would've played a perfectly weighted pass to put Son running in on goal.

Surely now Lo Celso plays every game instead of Eriksen (even If he stays) and Sessegnon same for Rose.

I saw a reasonable amount of promise today and with a bit of luck we could've got a result. More of that from now on minus a couple of players who's hearts aren't in it and we'll be decent.

Last edited:

Didn’t bother me at all
If he can use it well enough then great

I thought Dele was a mid of good and bad. His main problem being that he seems to slow it down every time he gets it. That is counter poductive when we're trying to play counter attack.

He had to slow it down today a) because of the plan and b) because especially first-half neither Son or Moura were moving well enough. Moura is too reactive and several times Dele looked up and then Moura went, when he should be going before.

If we’d pressed too much too soon they’d have done us. As it was we made five clear chances to score, which is usually enough to win the game.

My thoughts on today's game we're that Mourinho got the tactics right and we 3nded up a little unlucky not to get something out of that game. The best way to play Liverpool is to stay in the game for 60 minutes and then attack when they have run themselves out.

I thought our shape was right with Sanchez and Tanganga clearly detailed to track Salad and Man's runs and Rose and Aurier detailed to defend against TAA and Robertson.

I thought the best player on the pitch was probably Wjnaldum. He kept on creating overloads out wide that Winks and Eriksen didn't deal with and also snuffed out a lot of our play on the rare occasions when we moved the ball forward.

I thought Moura worked tirelessly and made the most of the scraps he was fwedingboff in the first half. I thought out three defenders all played really well, very disciplined in their positioning. Aurier I thought also was very good, defending when necessary and providing width in attack.

I thought Rose was terrible, There is no way that Sessegnon could've done any worse than that. He was sloppy and slow. Eriksen also looked like he was playing to avoid injury, but still probably had more effect on the game than Winks who I just thinking good enough for this level... there was an occasion about 14 minutes in when the ball broke to Winks and he could've put Son in behind Liverpool's defence with an easy first time pass, he took a bad touch, got it caught under his feet and then underhit a pass to their sole defender. Those are key moments in games and I'm confident that NDombele would've played a perfectly weighted pass to put Son running in on goal.

Surely now Lo Celso plays every game instead of Eriksen (even If he stays) and Sessegnon same for Rose.

I saw a reasonable amount of promise today and with a bit of luck we could've got a result. More of that from now on minus a couple of players who's hearts aren't in it and we'll be decent.

I generally agree with that!

Back