• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* Tottenham Hotspur vs Leceister

Blimey! I doubt we’ll see the like of that again soon.

KWP and Moura did enough to make me think they can make a big difference next year. Danny showed what we will miss if he goes. Hugo (and I’ve been critical of him of late) kept us in it with some great sweeping and a couple of excellent saves. The sun shone and the atmosphere in The Arch beforehand was great.

It’s been a funny old end to the season, but I think we’d be greedy wanting too much more out of it. Poch’s post-match words show that he realises we’re at a crossroads now - here’s hoping we take the same right path that we’ve been following for a while now.

Just got back in.

Good grief, it isn't good for the health supporting Tottenham, but on days like this, it's worth the pain.

Well done all, showed some b@lls to come back from 1-3 down against 12 men, because that officiating today was a total joke. At one stage I actually thought he was going to take a free-kick for Leicester.

That aside, what a way to sign off. Really could have been 7-7. Hugo redeemed himself today with some awesome saves.

3rd place, away from home all season. Not too shabby. The icing on the cake, Gazza at half-time, I nearly filled up when he said he was holding back the tears. Coyte said it looked like he wanted to get on the pitch, to which I replied, "Well, he would be better than Lamela"

Wtf do I know???? ha ha.

Last edited:
How long does one overachieve before it's simply recognized as achieving?

Have a great summer all!

Simple really. Over-achieving is when you continue to hit heights and shove others who pay more in signings and wages into the Europa League whilst competing with the ones above. Add homelessness to the mix for this season and it is an even greater "overachievement"!!

Popcorn? fudging popcorn? A new low.
Agreed. gonad*s. Football matches are NOT for eating, and if you must (as I have!) stuff in yer hole quickly and get back into your seat for start of second-half. Furthermore, never leave before the end however "busy" the trains/roads get!!!!!! As for those half and half scarves...!!!!!! Glad you slapped Chelski around!

Watched the goals again on MotD, disgusted with our defending, turned it off to avoid the inevitable BS from the studio pundits who will try and paint it as a "great game", it was fudging brick, good games don't have 9 goals.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post as frequently as I was once able to - a new job I love and a new city I have yet to fully explore have made that quite difficult. But, rest assured, I'll still be here, moody as ever. :p

Here's to a golden couple of months ahead - and maybe, in the warmth of a resplendent sun, we'll see something really great happen this summer. One can but hope. :)

Where did you move to mate?

Agreed. gonads. Football matches are NOT for eating, and if you must (as I have!) stuff in yer hole quickly and get back into your seat for start of second-half. Furthermore, never leave before the end however "busy" the trains/roads get!!!!!! As for those half and half scarves...!!!!!! Glad you slapped Chelski around!

the food is as important as the entertainment, I spend more time in the hours before the game thinking about what I'm going to eat than I do about our starting line up

Agreed. gonads. Football matches are NOT for eating, and if you must (as I have!) stuff in yer hole quickly and get back into your seat for start of second-half. Furthermore, never leave before the end however "busy" the trains/roads get!!!!!! As for those half and half scarves...!!!!!! Glad you slapped Chelski around!

I guess you get a lot of tourists at Wembley.

I was there on Weds - didn't like it for league games tbh. We played quite well, you look tried. We should have won.

When I see us picking a £4m player in a position that simply doesn't work I will be extremely critical I'm afraid, especially when he can quite clearly opt to put a £150m player in that role, which would work, and bring in a £70m player into the role Eriksen would otherwise be doing.

I understand you need to get the distasteful thing in as people from the club read the forum and you appear to be close to one of them, but ultimately I love Poch (like I did Jol) and despite deeply alarming decisions from the manager of late (imo) I still said and still say he deserves 2 more years at least to see what he can do with increased funds.

I was speaking to people today in the pub who want him out now! That's distasteful!

What a pathetic, and wholly inaccurate, thing to level at anyone. I don't give a fudge who reads what, I express my opinion freely or won't at all. And I thought what you said was a load of gonad*s AND distasteful. You owe me an apology.

Last edited:
Ottawa, mate - capital of Canada. I became a Canadian public servant in January. And, surprising though it may be to some folks (looking at you, scara), we work hard enough as a class that, in my case, posting necessarily became a lot less frequent. :p
Good luck my friend.

Ottawa, mate - capital of Canada. I became a Canadian public servant in January. And, surprising though it may be to some folks (looking at you, scara), we work hard enough as a class that, in my case, posting necessarily became a lot less frequent after moving. :p

Hope you enjoy it, Dubai - and hope the posts become more frequent again once you’re settled.

Hope you enjoy it, Dubai - and hope the posts become more frequent again once you’re settled.

Thank you, mate. I hope so too - despite my frequent bouts of black despair, I really think we're in for an exciting summer that I'd like to talk about (and possibly gurn and rage about) with the friends I've hopefully made on here. :)

I guess you get a lot of tourists at Wembley.

I was there on Weds - didn't like it for league games tbh. We played quite well, you look tried. We should have won.

Hard for the torurists to get tickets when they don’t always go on public sale... but there are touts of course

And whilst I don’t agree You should have won midweek you were the better side. You need to actually hit the target to get goals first like you you did today

You must be happy with this season and now you have to wait to see if the Spanish waiter will stay

Ottawa, mate - capital of Canada. I became a Canadian public servant in January. And, surprising though it may be to some folks (looking at you, scara), we work hard enough as a class that, in my case, posting necessarily became a lot less frequent after moving. :p

Please don't try to educate UK residents with geographic knowledge, as an avid veiwer of quiz programmes I know the vast majority of british people know f.a. about anywhere more than 10 miles from where they hibernate.
Hope you do well in Canada, I liked it but found the people a little strange.

Please don't try to educate UK residents with geographic knowledge, as an avid veiwer of quiz programmes I know the vast majority of british people know f.a. about anywhere more than 10 miles from where they hibernate.
Hope you do well in Canada, I liked it but found the people a little strange.

Thanks, mate. I have to say, I live close to and occasionally work with the British High Commission, and I'm glad I do - because some of the smartest folks I've met have been Brits working at the place. So, while they might not be the residents you speak of per se, they definitely represent the old country well over here. :)

Back