• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

Doesn't matter who else he played for he is a life long Liverpool supporter who cried the first time he went to anfield. Any article by him about Liverpool is biased.
If you have a load of shots and miss then the other team has one shot and scores they deserve to win.
The aim of the game is score, not have loads of shots or possession.

That doesn't make his opinion of us any less valid, more often than not he speaks highly of us, don't recall him ever being over the top with criticism. Sometimes the truth hurts I guess.

That doesn't make his opinion of us any less valid, more often than not he speaks highly of us, don't recall him ever being over the top with criticism. Sometimes the truth hurts I guess.
I didn't read it so it won't hurt me, did he mention the ref denying us a clear pen?

I didn't read it so it won't hurt me, did he mention the ref denying us a clear pen?

He didn't mention but you have to look at the context of the game also. I remember the 2010 World Cup when England were denied a clear goal at 2-1 against Germany (goal line technology would have instantly settled the debate), we ultimately went on to lose 4-1. Shearer was a pundit for BBC for the game and was asked about the decision, he's Billy England and his attitude was "we were brick and it does a disservice to Germany to use that as an excuse so I don't wanna talk about it". If we had played well AND had a clear penalty not given then more people would have talked about. Because Liverpool played us off the park and won the game that was understandably the main talking point, that and Kane's bad form.

He didn't mention but you have to look at the context of the game also. I remember the 2010 World Cup when England were denied a clear goal at 2-1 against Germany (goal line technology would have instantly settled the debate), we ultimately went on to lose 4-1. Shearer was a pundit for BBC for the game and was asked about the decision, he's Billy England and his attitude was "we were brick and it does a disservice to Germany to use that as an excuse so I don't wanna talk about it". If we had played well AND had a clear penalty not given then more people would have talked about. Because Liverpool played us off the park and won the game that was understandably the main talking point, that and Kane's bad form.

Liverpool were the better team, no doubt, but the most important thing is putting the ball in the net and they squandered loads of chance.
That should have cost them the game, if it had been the other way round his column would have been all about how the ref cost Liverpool the draw.
Nothing particularly against Murphy but he should not be writing articles for a supposed unbiased media outlet concerning a team he loves.
Imv it makes his points invalid.

Liverpool were the better team, no doubt, but the most important thing is putting the ball in the net and they squandered loads of chance.
That should have cost them the game, if it had been the other way round his column would have been all about how the ref cost Liverpool the draw.
Nothing particularly against Murphy but he should not be writing articles for a supposed unbiased media outlet concerning a team he loves.
Imv it makes his points invalid.

Most ex pros and pundits grew up supporting someone. I’m sure a lot of our rivals groan when they see Glenn Hoddle or Jermaine Jenas commentating on one of our games and think they are biased towards Spurs.

If we’re gonna discredit pundits because they have an affiliation with one particular club there would be a pretty short list of pundits left.

Back