• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Internazionale

I noticed that big lump Wes Morgan throwing his weight around in tackles last weekend, got sent off. He would never have been sent off in 'that year'
Don’t get me started on all the things that went Leicester’s way that year... Even the racist gang bang that kicked the whole thing off with Pearson getting fired,

Last edited:
I find that interesting because pool apparently brought top top players to make them winners, yet the only one who has won anything is Fabinho
And in their squad the only other who has won anything of note is milner (I may have missed someone)
Not sure how many players went for big money this window that had actually won anything other than Ronaldo
They haven't won anything yet ;)

I agree that Poch wanted signings. He said as much the year before too, that signings keep the squad on their toes and add new impetus.

But as peerless as Poch is, it doesn’t mean he gets it all the way he wants, and I also think he is clever enough to understand the wider factors affecting this summer. So I think he wanted signings, but I think he also wanted players out. If he’s annoyed with anyone, I think it’s players wage pricing themselves out of moves, not Levy. But I think he’s decided if he’s got this squad, it does have talent and experience and he’s gonna make the most of it.

Like I said mate, I think it is way too convenient that every single time we don't manage to sign a player, sell a player, get a player to sign a new contract etc, it is because they have moved the goalposts or the other chairman is a dingdong who plays games or our player is greedy etc.

However, I will say (and I think I saw someone else say this as well) that despite not agreeing with you a lot of the time, you are one of the better posters on here and I see no need to try to dampen your incredible enthusiasm. Its a great thing and I hope what you see for us actually happens.

Despite what some people on here say, we all want the same ultimate aims for this club and you manage to argue your point consistently without insult or trying to shut down other peoples' opinions.

Very annoyed with this defeat ! This is typical Spurs performance and result. This is why football world always makes fun of us and don't want to take us seriously. We are always masters at snatching defeat from the jaws of success ! Normally players are at fault for any defeat but this time Pochettino has to take full blame for this defeat. We played poorly in the first half but did well to take the lead in the second half. At 1-0, we played very well and were totally outclassing Inter. We could have easily went 4-0 ahead as Lamela had a hattrick of goal scoring chances. We looked like could score any moment then. But then Pochettino got big headed and for some stupid reason replaced the in-form Lamela with Winks. We lost the momentum and domination from then on. We were outclassed by Inter after that and duly lost. Really not sure what was Pochettino trying to prove by dropping Alderweireld, not starting the in-form Moura and replacing Lamela who was playing well.

We played well in patches but our key players were missing for most of the match. Credit to Eriksen for scoring our only goal and Lamela for getting the assist for the goal. But apart from that, thought Eriksen was missing for most of the match, wasting yet another freekick. Kane had another poor match and even wasted a one-on-one chance which he should have scored late in the first half. In fact, I thought Pochettino should have replaced Kane first instead of Lamela. Lamela got himself yet another assist and were unlucky not to score at least 1 goal as he had a goal-bound shot deflected out and 2 shots saved by the goalie. It was really stupid of Pochettino to replace Lamela so early as I was convinced he could score a goal. Moura should have started this match instead of Son. After all, Moura has been our best player so far this season with 3 goals. In contrast, Son has been poor since March and had another poor match. Amazingly, Son has not scored in his last 13 matches for us now.

I think we lost this match in midfield. Dier and Dembele were poor in the first half but improved in the second half but got poor again late in the match. They were not helped by Pochettino who replaced the hard working Lamela with Winks who doesn't have the same work rate. I think Pochettino should have brought on Wanyama instead. We could have saved this match even at 1-1 but Pochettino chose to replace Kane with error-prone Rose instead of more reliable Wanyama. I think Lamela or Wanyama would have stopped the Inter player from having that shot unchallenged for their first goal.

Our defence were always going to concede with error-prone Vorm in goal and Sanchez in defence with our best defender Alderweireld not even playing. It was a big blunder by Pochettino to drop Alderweireld for such an important away match in Europe. Vorm actually had a good match and was not directly at fault for any of Inter's goal but our defence are not the same when he is in goal. Sanchez was fortunate not to score an own goal when his mis-header was saved by Vorm in the first half. Even Vertonghen had an unconvincing match as he really should have blocked the shot for their first goal instead of letting it go past him. Maybe Vorm should have come out to punch the ball for their second goal. Was really annoyed with Vorm for standing like a statue and not even trying to save it and showing no emotion when the ball went in. Amazingly, we have now lost 5 consecutive matches in which Vorm was the goalie, going back to the FA Cup semi final last season and the pre-season friendly against Girona ! It is clear Vorm makes our defence shyte. We badly need Lloris back or at least start Gazzaniga in goal until Lloris comes back.

We have a poor record away in Europe, so would have accepted this defeat before the match. But it is unacceptable the way we led 1-0 and dominated the match in the second half only to lost in the end ! We could have at least drew this match had Pochettino picked the right players, especially Alderweireld, and let Lamela play the whole match. It is annoying that we have lost 3 matches in a row now. Pochettino better learn from his mistakes to get us back to winning ways. Otherwise, he is going to be under pressure soon.

Very annoyed with this defeat ! This is typical Spurs performance and result. This is why football world always makes fun of us and don't want to take us seriously. We are always masters at snatching defeat from the jaws of success ! Normally players are at fault for any defeat but this time Pochettino has to take full blame for this defeat. We played poorly in the first half but did well to take the lead in the second half. At 1-0, we played very well and were totally outclassing Inter. We could have easily went 4-0 ahead as Lamela had a hattrick of goal scoring chances. We looked like could score any moment then. But then Pochettino got big headed and for some stupid reason replaced the in-form Lamela with Winks. We lost the momentum and domination from then on. We were outclassed by Inter after that and duly lost. Really not sure what was Pochettino trying to prove by dropping Alderweireld, not starting the in-form Moura and replacing Lamela who was playing well.

We played well in patches but our key players were missing for most of the match. Credit to Eriksen for scoring our only goal and Lamela for getting the assist for the goal. But apart from that, thought Eriksen was missing for most of the match, wasting yet another freekick. Kane had another poor match and even wasted a one-on-one chance which he should have scored late in the first half. In fact, I thought Pochettino should have replaced Kane first instead of Lamela. Lamela got himself yet another assist and were unlucky not to score at least 1 goal as he had a goal-bound shot deflected out and 2 shots saved by the goalie. It was really stupid of Pochettino to replace Lamela so early as I was convinced he could score a goal. Moura should have started this match instead of Son. After all, Moura has been our best player so far this season with 3 goals. In contrast, Son has been poor since March and had another poor match. Amazingly, Son has not scored in his last 13 matches for us now.

I think we lost this match in midfield. Dier and Dembele were poor in the first half but improved in the second half but got poor again late in the match. They were not helped by Pochettino who replaced the hard working Lamela with Winks who doesn't have the same work rate. I think Pochettino should have brought on Wanyama instead. We could have saved this match even at 1-1 but Pochettino chose to replace Kane with error-prone Rose instead of more reliable Wanyama. I think Lamela or Wanyama would have stopped the Inter player from having that shot unchallenged for their first goal.

Our defence were always going to concede with error-prone Vorm in goal and Sanchez in defence with our best defender Alderweireld not even playing. It was a big blunder by Pochettino to drop Alderweireld for such an important away match in Europe. Vorm actually had a good match and was not directly at fault for any of Inter's goal but our defence are not the same when he is in goal. Sanchez was fortunate not to score an own goal when his mis-header was saved by Vorm in the first half. Even Vertonghen had an unconvincing match as he really should have blocked the shot for their first goal instead of letting it go past him. Maybe Vorm should have come out to punch the ball for their second goal. Was really annoyed with Vorm for standing like a statue and not even trying to save it and showing no emotion when the ball went in. Amazingly, we have now lost 5 consecutive matches in which Vorm was the goalie, going back to the FA Cup semi final last season and the pre-season friendly against Girona ! It is clear Vorm makes our defence shyte. We badly need Lloris back or at least start Gazzaniga in goal until Lloris comes back.

We have a poor record away in Europe, so would have accepted this defeat before the match. But it is unacceptable the way we led 1-0 and dominated the match in the second half only to lost in the end ! We could have at least drew this match had Pochettino picked the right players, especially Alderweireld, and let Lamela play the whole match. It is annoying that we have lost 3 matches in a row now. Pochettino better learn from his mistakes to get us back to winning ways. Otherwise, he is going to be under pressure soon.

I don't mind the decision to leave Trippier and Toby at home, as the replacements were more than adequate quality against an average side like Inter.

And we have to do things like that this season, due to the fitness concerns surrounding so many of our squad.

In hindsight Son's lacklustre display is no surprise and I would agree Lucas should have started instead of him.

Poch has got a lot of unfair stick on here lately but I agree the subs were strange.

I can see the thinking behind Winks for Lamela but we definitely lost something when Erik came off.

And Rose for Kane with 4 mins left was just bizarre.

Ultimately though despite improving in the second half, the players are once more predominantly to blame for this loss for wasting countless glorious openings to make it 0-2.

I don't mind the decision to leave Trippier and Toby at home, as the replacements were more than adequate quality against an average side like Inter.

And we have to do things like that this season, due to the fitness concerns surrounding so many of our squad.

In hindsight Son's lacklustre display is no surprise and I would agree Lucas should have started instead of him.

Poch has got a lot of unfair stick on here lately but I agree the subs were strange.

I can see the thinking behind Winks for Lamela but we definitely lost something when Erik came off.

And Rose for Kane with 4 mins left was just bizarre.

Ultimately though despite improving in the second half, the players are once more predominantly to blame for this loss for wasting countless glorious openings to make it 0-2.

I thought his decision on Moura was spot on. Gives him a bit of a rest and gives Son minutes in a Spurs shirt. Also allowed Moura’s pace to stretch them when they were tiring and had to come out as they were 1 down.

The Lamela sub turned the game. I can see the logic (more traditional midfielder for an attacking player) but we were dominating the game at that point so I think Poch got it wrong. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. If they got a goal with Lamela on the pitch we’d probably be asking why he didn’t defend the 1-0 lead like experienced teams do. However, I do still think the pattern of the game at that point should have seen him make a better decision by leaving Lamela on. He only needed to make the change if they started to get on top.

Thought he should have brought Toby but that probably didn’t lose us the game. There is something wrong at the moment though because we’re leaking goals in a way we never have under Poch. I think of games like Chelsea when we beat them 2-0 at WHL or United when we beat them 2-1 in the last game at WHL. I remember watching them throw everything at us in the last 10 mins but never really being too nervous we’d concede as we just looked solid. We look anything but right now.

Good post Deano and I agree. Perhaps Poch was protecting Lamela from himself. He gets injured every time the wind changes direction, and he was charging around like Scotty Parker on acid.

Back