• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton***

Pretty pleased we're not playing today, as my cat video provider on the IPTV box went TITSUP at almost exactly 3pm.

So, all around us have won so we need to win to keep the status quo.

Probably means a loss then, given how we usually are in such scenarios....only 2 away wins so far this season, i'm sure that's our lowest at this point for many, many years...

Oh well, gotta hope anyhow, so COYS!

So, all around us have won so we need to win to keep the status quo.

Probably means a loss then, given how we usually are in such scenarios....only 2 away wins so far this season, i'm sure that's our lowest at this point for many, many years...

Oh well, gotta hope anyhow, so COYS!

It can't be as we have our highest total at this point for a very very long time and we haven't won every home game either

Really? You sure we have more now than when Redknapp had us in 3rd before we played Norwich away around xmas 2011??
In the 2009/2010 season, we had 30 points after 17 games that season, and where in 5th, behind Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Villa. 33 after 18, still in 5th, 8 points behind leaders Chelsksi. In the 2011/2012 we were 3rd with 38 points after 17 games, 7 points behind City and United, but with a game in hand, which we drew away at Swansea, taking us to 39 points after 18 games. Eventually we threw it away 3rd in april against Norwich at home and QPR....

Last edited:
Given that all above us have won and that Manure are on a four game winning streak- that started with beating us - this is a for sure must win.

this won't be pretty to watch but a nice edge is Poch's insight into players he managed that are still at Soton, ugly 1-0 to us courtesy of an own goal.

We tend to struggle after long breaks. Let's see which Spurs will turn up for this match. With all our rivals winning their matches, we have to win this match to stay in touch with our rivals. Until last season, we had an excellent record against Southampton, winning 6 and drawing 1 of our previous 7 matches against them. But we lost that good record when we lost to them at home last season. Despite that, we still have a good away record against them, winning 3 and drawing 1 of our last away matches against them. Let's hope we can continue that good record by winning this match.

Not sure where we are going to get the goals from. Kane has not scored for 3 matches now and was poor in all those matches. Despite scoring 7 league goals so far this season, Kane has not looked as deadly in front of goal as last season. We need him to get back his goal scoring form badly. Wish Janssen can come on and get his first goal from open play for us ! Son has been poor for some time now. But it won't harm us if he can get a goal or two in this match.

Our midfield has been too inconsistent this season. Wanyama and Dembele really need to be more consistent and dominant in midfield. Alli did well to score against Burnley but he needs to be more clinical in front of goal. At times, Alli seems too casual in his performance. Someone needs to tell Alli to focus in the match more. Eriksen has scored a few important goals in recent matches. But with no one else willing to take our freekicks, wish Eriksen can score from freekicks for once !

It was really embarassing for our defence to concede a goal to Burnley who had the worst away goal scoring record in England ! It shows we need to be more alert against all the teams. Also, this proves that we need Alderweireld and Vertonghen in defence, instead of the error-prone Dier or Wimmer ! Let's hope Lloris can lead our defence to keep a clean sheet in this match.

We really have to start winning more away matches to improve our league standings. No doubt that Southampton will be fired up against us due to our past history and the Pochettino connection. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and beat them to stay in touch with our rivals.

Any t^e^a^m n^e^w^s yet ?

Wish Lamela is fit for this match. We have badly missed his creativity and tenacity in midfield. Can see Southampton making it hard for us. It is going to be a tensed match but hope we will do just enough to win this match.

I obviously want us to win tonight but am not as concerned as I normally am..

Southampton are a decent side, as are Watford and then we have Chelscum...

If we win all three we could even say we are back in the title race... Lose against Chelscum and we are out of it..

If we have failed to win both away games I think we are out of the running for top four..and that is why i am not that worried about today.

We can concentrate on trying to win the Europa or FA cup... I would much rather that than putting all our efforts into getting 4th especially when I think of our hugely disappointing champions league performance this year..

COYS

Everybody and their mama will be watching us tonight with popcorn, will Soton on.
The sort of scenario that Spurs usually oblige and lie-down and make most fans happy.

Do we have the fortitude and sheer willpower to make people upset?
Or will we make a nice script like we did when we played West Brom and Chelski late on last season?

Only a few hours to find out now...watching it with a Manure Fan who is hoping for a Soton win naturally.

COYS

At this stage of our development we need 3 points in most games, despite all the doom and gloom we are one of the top teams in the country and this is a game we should be confident of winning.
Actually top teams don't win anything close to all of their games against mid table sides away from home.

Given that all above us have won and that Manure are on a four game winning streak- that started with beating us - this is a for sure must win.
And of the games between our games against United and Chelsea this is our toughest one. The teams above us played relegation candidates, or mid table teams at home. Them winning games they should absolutely be expected to win shouldn't change our expectations away to a team that started the round only two places below us in the table.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I obviously want us to win tonight but am not as concerned as I normally am..

Southampton are a decent side, as are Watford and then we have Chelscum...

If we win all three we could even say we are back in the title race... Lose against Chelscum and we are out of it..

If we have failed to win both away games I think we are out of the running for top four..and that is why i am not that worried about today.

We can concentrate on trying to win the Europa or FA cup... I would much rather that than putting all our efforts into getting 4th especially when I think of our hugely disappointing champions league performance this year..

COYS

We have virtually everyone fit now and as long as that largely remains the case for the rest of the season, then I see us winning these three games and then mounting a serious assault on the title and any clams who dare stop us will be flayed!!!

Back