• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would consider I'm one of his ardent admirers, but today he was awful and he doesn't look like he cares in the other games I've seen this season, my son tells me his "stats" are better than last season which again proves to me stats can prove black is white.

The phrase that occurred to me whilst watching him today was ‘stat padding’

He was there, he ran around near play, he had touches - a masterclass in ensuring you appear good on paper, whilst being totally ineffectual on grass.

Atmosphere was brick first half. Saints fans were singing ‘1-0, and you still don’t sing...’ and ‘is this the Emirates?’ Pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Second half was better.
They're just feeling all Billy Big gonad*s because they won the "We're marginally less irrelevant than you" derby the other day.

He was an idiot as there was no need to go diving in for the first and to top it off he did the scissor motion which is banned.

The second, yes the player went down with ease but the second you put your hand on a player in that position they are going to go down and you are going to get booked.

Both incidents were incredibly naive from an experienced player.

If that was KWP he would be getting ripped by all and sundry for doing that.

Poch saying it was unfair was as ridiculous as when he said we were fantastic against leicester.
So how come the wrestling and judo moves on Winks and Kane, and the one that tried to take off Rose's shirt were not yellows? All three MUCH more obvious than Aurier.
I actually believe the ref is a racist. He was itching to book Rose too, for telling him about the blatant yellow he should have shown, but I don't think he dared due to the crowd/atmosphere in the stadium.

Last edited:
So how come the wrestling and judo moves on Winks and Kane, and the one that tried to take off Rose's shirt were not yellows? All three MUCH more obvious than Aurier.
I actually believe the ref is a racist. He was itching to book Rose too, for telling him about the blatant yellow he should have shown, but I don't think he dared due to the crowd/atmosphere in the stadium.

Whoever the saints player was (redmond?) was completely through on the left hand side of the pitch, so nailed on yellow.

The other incidents you talk of were in more innocuous positions, although I dont recall any judo moves.

Happy to look at them again though if you want to post these incidents here.

This game showed that the players are still with the coach and the club. They should have folded when Lloris messed up, but dug in with ten men and worked to get back in front. You don’t do that if you don’t care. The silky performances will come, but for now it’s about getting points on the board and getting some confidence back. I really hope Poch plays Sissoko RB and Dier DM if the diamond is being insisted on....

This game showed that the players are still with the coach and the club. They should have folded when Lloris messed up, but dug in with ten men and worked to get back in front. You don’t do that if you don’t care. The silky performances will come, but for now it’s about getting points on the board and getting some confidence back. I really hope Poch plays Sissoko RB and Dier DM if the diamond is being insisted on....
I’d go back to 4-2-3-1 if Dier is fit again, put Dier alongside Winks or Ndombele with Sissoko RB.

I would like to see the players go to poch and say enough of the constant changing of formations and the diamond.

It is reducing us from who we are, which should comfortably yield third place, to a west ham/leicester level team and is therefore putting CL qualification in real danger.

Atmosphere was brick first half. Saints fans were singing ‘1-0, and you still don’t sing...’ and ‘is this the Emirates?’ Pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Second half was better.

On the atmosphere front, whatever private doubts one might have about Lloris’s judgement, distribution, kicking ability and sobriety, it’s probably not helpful for the entire Park Lane to moan in theatrical horror whenever the ball is passed back to him. Thankfully, they stopped after a bit and he didn’t seem unduly affected.

I would like to see the players go to poch and say enough of the constant changing of formations and the diamond.

It is reducing us from who we are, which should comfortably yield third place, to a west ham/leicester level team and is therefore putting CL qualification in real danger.

I think the problem with the diamond may be the personnel. Winks is not the right person at the base wrt defensive positioning. The right wing is unbalanced at the moment. Eriksen is not a winger.

We have adapted and changed formation to suit ourselves, and as a countermeasure to opposition tactics, from day 1 with Poch, and it's one of the key reasons as to why we have done so well. That ability to change, and have players that are comfortable in several positions, is one of our strengths, and has been a foundation of the Poch era.
And you now want to abondon that?

On the atmosphere front, whatever private doubts one might have about Lloris’s judgement, distribution, kicking ability and sobriety, it’s probably not helpful for the entire Park Lane to moan in theatrical horror whenever the ball is passed back to him. Thankfully, they stopped after a bit and he didn’t seem unduly affected.
Huge chunks of our society are incapable of coping with the concept of delayed gratification. Most can't give up smoking, can't save to buy something they want, won't put the effort into education to achieve better jobs.

What makes you think they can cope with the concept of keeping the ball and building a better attack over just playing any old ball forward?

I think the problem with the diamond may be the personnel. Winks is not the right person at the base wrt defensive positioning. The right wing is unbalanced at the moment. Eriksen is not a winger.
Not only is our entire squad built around 4-2-3-1 it's clearly the vastly superior formation.

Two pivots is both defensively and creatively stronger than one DM - it's why the formation exists.

Possibly but Poch will continue to use Winks in that role when we play the diamond, as part of his ‘grand plan’ of using such a system is having a jorginho, de jong type player at the base.

So Dier for example will not be used in that position.

I’d go back to 4-2-3-1 if Dier is fit again, put Dier alongside Winks or Ndombele with Sissoko RB.

I would agree with you if it was the Dier of two years ago. However we won't know that until he has a few games to see if he can get back to that level. Wanyama seems a busted flush and shouldn't even be making the squad at the moment and certainly shouldn't be played ahead of Dier.

Back