• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast's Biggest Club

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FWIW if Poch wanted Toby and Rose gone then simply don't select them. He just needed to select Sanchez and Davies. I " believe" he thought he could talk Eriksen round and wouldn't think he could be " disloyal" or lose faith in ""the project". Personally, I think Eriksen wants trophies and it wasn't about the money.

And why did he let Llorente and Trippier go without signing replacements?
Re: Llorente and Trippier.... Trippier was to raise funds to spend in the summer window as there was no interest in Aurier. Llorente, I believe Poch was happy to keep but Levy keeps a tight limit on the wage bill.

I think it's a fair argument to say if you can't find improvements then *maybe* you're better off waiting until your targets are available rather than making signings for the sake of it - we probably could have signed one or two random cheap punts just to get bodies in but would that have made much difference in the long run? I don't think so and in isolation a window or two where you keep your powder dry doesn't have to be a bad thing (have Liverpool dropped a clanger by not signing anyone this summer???) the problems we have with the squad run deeper than just that small period of no signings and stretches over 3 or 4 years and is as much about out goings and contract renewals as it is about not bringing anyone in.

If anyone arguing those points is considered to be shouting you down then fair enough, but i don't think that's a fair reflection of the discussions had on here on that subject, both at the time and since.
Interesting though that having not signed a single player in the summer, Liverpool went out and signed a player on day 1 of the January window, despite being top of the league and unbeaten.... could you imagine Levy doing that? :D

Personally I'm not convinced that Sanchez is good enough to be one of our best 2 CBs yet, assuming we cant to stay in the top 4. THe Sanchez from his first year at Spurs was, though last year he was pretty average.
The year 1 Sanchez didn’t see teams press us, they were mainly scared of us then and went defensive, letting us have the ball. Teams no longer do that and we have a few players that are extremely un press resistant (Sanchez probably being top of the pile here along with Dier).

I don't know if you have experience of management in the wider world, but if you have underperforming employeees that you want to leave, then you do not continue to give them key tasks and involve them with your major projects. If Poch REALLY wanted Toby gone for example, he would never have sanctioned his year's extension.

Eriksen wanted to go to Barca or Real Madrid to WIN trophies. He wouldn't sign a new contract ( and took a significant financial hit in not doing so) because he wants to keep his options open and not let the Club have the cards. Immediately that became clear, the Club had no options. He wants to leave, full stop end of story.

I don't believe that if Poch had said to Levy that I need Llorente and want him resigned, Levy would have said no. When Llorente left, at the very least Poch should have insisted on a Plan B replacement . His priorities were all wrong.
Perhaps Poch didn’t sanction it? Can you imagine Levy writing off a £25 million asset in that way? We could easily have sold Toby in the summer for (say) half of that £25 million release clause but, again, could you see Levy doing that?

Re: Eriksen. What you DON’T do is put a £140 million price tag on him. You instead go out and see if you can sell him for even £40 million. We are absolutely desperate for a DoF.

I don't know if you have experience of management in the wider world, but if you have underperforming employeees that you want to leave, then you do not continue to give them key tasks and involve them with your major projects. If Poch REALLY wanted Toby gone for example, he would never have sanctioned his year's extension.

Eriksen wanted to go to Barca or Real Madrid to WIN trophies. He wouldn't sign a new contract ( and took a significant financial hit in not doing so) because he wants to keep his options open and not let the Club have the cards. Immediately that became clear, the Club had no options. He wants to leave, full stop end of story.

I don't believe that if Poch had said to Levy that I need Llorente and want him resigned, Levy would have said no. When Llorente left, at the very least Poch should have insisted on a Plan B replacement . His priorities were all wrong.

Out of interest -and based on the first portion of your post- what type of environment do you believe I work in/with? And why would I accept that what you said within that paragraph is the “only” way to manage a specific situation? Finally, how can you manage to conflate the professional working world with the professional sporting world?

It looks to me like you are drawing direct comparisons between the world of, say, a financial management firm and a professional football club. And it looks to me as though you are suggesting that someone who was once a star in terms of (say) the portfolio management of (say) a specific foreign investor group and who has lost their edge is comparable to a maestro midfielder losing his edge. It feels to me as though you are not considering the contexts of their relative working worlds, let alone the average ages of the workplaces being discussed.

When it comes to Alderweireld, I won’t divulge details but he and Poch had a massive falling out from which their relationship never recovered. Because Levy asked for too much fudging money, we were unable to shift him. So yes, Poch wanted to move him on. And Rose. And Eriksen once it was shown he would not sign a new deal.

So we can add blamimg the ball boys to picking fights with opposition coaching staff and throwing his own players under the bus

Oh how he's changed

Very annoyed with the performance and result ! We badly needed to win to move closer to the top 4. Instead we played poorly and deserved to lose. Mourinho really needs to look at himself as he picked the team and failed to lift their performance. We didn't look like scoring whole match apart from the offside goal from Kane. But Mourinho has to take large part of the blame as he failed to lift us.

All our attacking players were poor. Kane, Moura, Alli and Eriksen had poor match. Kane scored 1 goal but were ruled offside. Apart from that, we didn't really create many goal scoring chances. Alli really needs to look at himself. He started well under Mourinho but has become poor again. He is too casual in matches. Really hate his fancy tricks like back-flicks which rarely goes to our players. Moura should be reminded that he is Brazilian and he should play like one, not play like a Scottish ! Eriksen had another poor match as well. I think we would have done better if Lamela had started. Mourinho waited too long to bring Lamela on late in the match. Lamela didn't have much time to make an impact for us.

Our midfield had another poor match. Getting a bit annoyed with Ndombele. He not only has failed to show his real potential after signing for us but has become injury-prone as well. In fact, all our 3 new signings have failed to inspire us. Lo Celso didn't do much after replacing Ndombele. Sissoko had another mediocre match.

Our defence conceded anothe soft goal. Alderweireld and Gazzaniga were beaten too easily for their goal. It was embarassing the way the Southampton player flicked the ball over Alderweireld to score. The old Alderweireld would have tackled the ball easily in the past. Wish Alderweireld can get back his old form. Wish Gazzaniga would try to stop the goals like these instead of just standing there like a statue !

So, we ended last year and decade winless and now we have started the new year and decade with a defeat ! Maybe Mourinho had been out from football management too long. For all his experience and success, his magic doesn't seems to be working for us. He really needs to find his magic fast. It seems like we still have not overcome our poor away form. In our last 17 away matches in the league, we have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 11. Even those 2 wins were unconvincing wins over West Ham and Wolves. We used to have one of the best away record in the league. Not sure how we became bad like this. Mourinho needs to use all his experience to improve our away form if we want to achieve something this season.

Try not to take it so serious mate, he has always done it and it takes a lot of flack of the players by doing so. I understand you may not like him but he is here now.

I like Jose, didn't want him here but hey ho, but the thing is, while we were getting the run around on the pitch instead of doing his job he's doing his thing in the opposition dug out. Oh and the "idiot' Jose is talking about, well he walked off with the three points.

Is it not showing? With Craig David all over my...
It’s finally arrived, but it’s the wrong one.

I’m sure we ordered the one I linked for you back on page 1, with his lovely South Coast Big Club shirt on.

Back