• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v RSB

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The movement isn't great yet Ndombele and Eriksen (in his limited appearances) have played more through balls and progressive passes than Wink has you have to admit that. Just like Winks has played more than Sissoko will.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Neither of them though have played at the base of midfield

both have been further forward players

Harry Kane has had more shots than Toby.... it’s because they play different positions and roles

When you look at some of the chances created for Kane and son (mostly missed) with simple but well timed and weighed balls through the centre from ndom, Eriksen and lamela, the it should highlight exactly what you are saying.
Those passes can happen all over the pitch but winks wants to be ultra sure and there's no time for that.

Any decent player can play good good passes

better players do it in harder situations

no player can find a needle in a haystack though

People are comparing RSB who were absolutely atrocious to a well organised premier league team. It’s like comparing chalk and cheese

A and again... the players you mentioned above do not play the same position and role that we ask winks to play

Neither of them though have played at the base of midfield

both have been further forward players

Harry Kane has had more shots than Toby.... it’s because they play different positions and roles
Position doesn't stop him playing into space rather than into feet, sure he has more limited opportunities but there are times he could be more progressive with his passing. I hope he regains his confidence and starts playing a little bit more expressively.

Position doesn't stop him playing into space rather than into feet, sure he has more limited opportunities but there are times he could be more progressive with his passing. I hope he regains his confidence and starts playing a little bit more expressively.

sure he will whine he gets a chance to play with our players moving

I hear that all the time

but as I’ve said all the time is he can only do that with movement in front of him

this season we have had shocking movement and effort up front so you can only play with what you can. We had loads of movement vs the pub team midweek
Cause and effect I think.... Because Winks naturally doesn't play the ball quickly it allows the opposition regroup, get 11 behind the ball and then there is little space for our players to move into which means we play even more in front of the opposition without getting in behind.

I thought the Villa game right at the start of the season was very reflective of this. Eriksen replaced Winks and immediately we looked much more likely to get into goal scoring positions. I don't think the players just suddenly started to offer movement at that point, instead I think that Eriksen's quicker and more inventive passing meant that the players were still in space instead of there being 11 opponents behind the ball.

I think right now the sheer strength and size of Sissoko and NDombele, plus their dynamism and natural ability to read each other, makes them a greater option in games where we want to push on and really put a boot on the throat of the opposition. Of course, none of it can happen without Dele running beyond Kane, and Harry being able to drop in and around/wherever he wants. I think Winks has shown many, many times he is capable of driving forwards too, and looking for quick forwards passing, but he has rarely played in a two this season thus he has been limited by a series of factors around him.

I'm sure you know that pass maps and stats don't tell the full story.

Winks may have started to play the ball forward significantly more but they don't advance play much except for circulation. Players receiving usually usually able to keep possession but unfortunately can't to much with it.

Ndombele - watch how his passes with pace renders the opposition positionally useless, and the player receiving the ball put in an immediate advantageous attacking position.

If Winks can do that the opposition will need to open up more to close him down. Right now they are happy for him to chalk up passing stats and defend where its needed.

Its the Bentelab Fallacy at work. Technical and efficient, but short of effectiveness.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm sure you know that pass maps and stats don't tell the full story.

Winks may have started to play the ball forward significantly more but they don't advance play much except for circulation. Players receiving usually usually able to keep possession but unfortunately can't to much with it.

Ndombele - watch how his passes with pace renders the opposition positionally useless, and the player receiving the ball put in an immediate advantageous attacking position.

If Winks can do that the opposition will need to open up more to close him down. Right now they are happy for him to chalk up passing stats and defend where its needed.

Its the Bentelab Fallacy at work. Technical and efficient, but short of effectiveness.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

But Winks and Ndombele are different players!

This is a badly needed win. We played well and got a comfortable win. Wish we can play like this in all the matches. But we cannot get carried away as Red Star was poor. They did trouble us a few times but we were comfortable for most of the match. In fact, we could have won by a bigger score if we had been more clinical in front of goal.

Credit to Kane, Son and Lamela for the goals. All were well-taken goals. Too bad we couldn't score more. Lamela was easily our best player as he scored 1 and assisted 2 goals. In fact, Lamela could have scored 4 more goals if he had been more clinical. Too bad we couldn't score more goals to make up for the 2-7 defeat to Bayern.

Our midfield played well for most of the match. Credit to Ndombele for getting 2 assists. But we still need a proper defensive midfielder. Ndombele and Sissoko didn't command the midfield well enough. Red Star still created too many chances from midfield. Sissoko worked hard as usual but his finishing is still not improving.

Well done to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. But it was not really a great match from our defence. Red Star actually had 3 or 4 goal scoring chances which they could have scored. Sanchez had a good match but I am still not fully convinced of him as he is error-prone. Aurier had an assist but he was unconvincing in defence. Gazzaniga was not really tested but did what he had to do.

This is our biggest win in Europe since 2008 and second biggest win since 1961. After the 2-7 humiliation to Bayern, we badly needed this win. Let's hope this win will help us get back our winning formula to progress to the next stage of CL.

This is a badly needed win. We played well and got a comfortable win. Wish we can play like this in all the matches. But we cannot get carried away as Red Star was poor. They did trouble us a few times but we were comfortable for most of the match. In fact, we could have won by a bigger score if we had been more clinical in front of goal.

Credit to Kane, Son and Lamela for the goals. All were well-taken goals. Too bad we couldn't score more. Lamela was easily our best player as he scored 1 and assisted 2 goals. In fact, Lamela could have scored 4 more goals if he had been more clinical. Too bad we couldn't score more goals to make up for the 2-7 defeat to Bayern.

Our midfield played well for most of the match. Credit to Ndombele for getting 2 assists. But we still need a proper defensive midfielder. Ndombele and Sissoko didn't command the midfield well enough. Red Star still created too many chances from midfield. Sissoko worked hard as usual but his finishing is still not improving.

Well done to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. But it was not really a great match from our defence. Red Star actually had 3 or 4 goal scoring chances which they could have scored. Sanchez had a good match but I am still not fully convinced of him as he is error-prone. Aurier had an assist but he was unconvincing in defence. Gazzaniga was not really tested but did what he had to do.

This is our biggest win in Europe since 2008 and second biggest win since 1961. After the 2-7 humiliation to Bayern, we badly needed this win. Let's hope this win will help us get back our winning formula to progress to the next stage of CL.

Forget to change your clocks? :rolleyes:

Back