• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool **

...we'll need to score at least 3 to have a chance at a result, and Sandro would get a red card by the 60th minute, so:

-----------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Walker--------Vlad--------------Verts---------Rose--

-------------------Siggy----------Benti----------------------

---------Dembi---------Eriksen-------------Chadli------------

--------------------------Adebayor---------------------------------

COYS

Our left hand side will be breached many times over. We simply have to retort at pace and moving the ball quickly. No Moussa.

I love Mousa but he's struggling for a bit of form, do think the injury hampered him today. He's suffering from there being a lack of a style of play from the team.

I'm just a stupid fan, but to me it does appear that the players are lined up in positions and told this is the formation. From that point, it feels like here's the ball, show us what you can do. This is why I'm not writing off Paulinho, Dembele, Lennon etc. I know they've been good before. Rose and Naughton? It's not impossible that they can't get a lot better but they are seriously poor currently. In fact our whole back four are just so panicky it's unreal.

-----------------------Lloris-------------------------------

Walker--------Kaboom--------------Verts--------------Rose

----------------------------Sandro---------------------------

--------Moussa----------------------------------Benti--------

---------------Siggy--------------------Eriksen---------------

--------------------------Soldado---------------------------

A6601_zps1f602bc0.jpg

Liverpool host Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Sunday 30th March 2014 (KO 16:00) in the 32nd round of matches in the 2013-14 Premier League season.

Liverpool come into the match in second place on 68 points, while Spurs are in 6th place on 56 points. This will be the 165th time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came on Boxing Day in 1894 when Liverpool, who had been established just two years earlier after a dispute with Everton, played a friendly at Tottenham Marshes in a game won 3-0 by Spurs. A further visit from Liverpool was even less successful in Easter 1895 with Spurs winning 6-0.

The first Football League meeting between the two clubs took place at White Hart Lane in November 1909 with Spurs winning 1-0 thanks to a Bert Middlemiss goal. He became the first Spurs player to score against both Merseyside clubs.

The reverse fixture that season was won by Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield, which had previously been the home of Everton before their move to Goodison Park.

All 139 League meetings played to date between Spurs & Liverpool have taken place in the Top Flight of English football.

Tottenham's 2-1 First Division win at Anfield in March 1912 would be their last at the ground for 73 years with the jinx finally being broken by a Garth Crooks goal in 1-0 win in March 1985.

The first FA Cup meeting came in the 5th Round in March 1968 and resulted in a 1-1 draw at the Lane. Liverpool won the replay 2-1.

To date, the clubs have met 7 times in the competition with Tottenham's only win coming at Anfield in the 6th Round in March 1995 when goals from Teddy Sheringham and Jurgen Klinsmann earned a 2-1 victory.

The teams first met in the Football League Cup in 1972 and have played 7 times in the competition with Spurs winning four games with two draws.

Liverpool's only win came in the 1982 Final at Wembley which was won 3-1 after extra time. Steve Archibald put Spurs ahead but Ronnie Whelan's brace and a goal from Ian Rush ensured that the Reds lifted the silverware.

The teams contested the Charity Shield in August that year with League Champions Liverpool beating FA Cup Winners Spurs 1-0.

Liverpool are one of three English clubs Spurs have played in European Competitions to date - the other being Manchester United and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Spurs beat Liverpool in the 1973 UEFA Cup Semi-Final 2-1 with a brace of goals from Martin Peters but a 1-0 win to Liverpool in the second leg at Anfield meant that the Reds progressed to the Final on the away goals rule.

Two matches were played in Swaziland in June 1984 reulting in a 5-2 win for Liverpool and a 1-1 draw.

In December 1985 and January 1986 the clubs met in the Screen Sport Super Cup - a competition played due to English club's being barred from European competition - with Liverpool winning both matches 2-0.

Both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur were founder-members of the Premier League in season 1992-93 and are two of the seven clubs who have been ever-present in the competition for the past 22 seasons (Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton and Manchester United are the other five).

The home fixture at White Hart Lane in November 2010 resulted in a 2-1 win for Spurs. Liverpool went ahead just before halftime with a goal from Martin Skrtel but Spurs came back in the second half with an own goal from Skrtel after 65 minutes and an injury-time winner from Aaron Lennon.

The reverse fixture at Anfield in May 2011 proved to be the UEFA Europa League decider with Spurs winning 2-0 with goals from Rafael van der Vaart and a Luka Modric penalty.

The game at White Hart Lane in September 2011 was won 4-0 by Spurs with goals from Luka Modric, Jermain Defoe and a brace from new loan signing Emmanuel Adebayor. Liverpool had both Charlie Adam and Martin Skrtel sent-off. The match at Anfield in February 2012 finished in a goalless draw, as did a tour match played in Baltimore, USA in July 2012.

Tottenham beat Liverpool in November 2012 at White Hart Lane 2-1. Aaron Lennon put Spurs ahead after 7 minutes and Gareth Bale added a second 9 minutes later from a free kick. In the second half, Bale deflected into his own net after 72 minutes.

Luis Suarez put Liverpool ahead at Anfield in March 2013 after 21 minutes but Jan Vertonghen equalised just before half-time. The Belgian defender put Spurs ahead eight minutes into the second half before Stuart Downing levelled things in the 66th minute. An 82nd minute Steven Gerrard penalty ensured that all three points went to Liverpool.

The Premier League game at White Hart Lane in December 2013 proved to be the last for Spurs manager André Villas-Boas, as Liverpool had an emphatic 5-0 win. Luis Suarez opened the scoring after 18 minutes with Jordan Henderson adding a second five minutes before half-time. Paulinho was shown a red card in the 62nd minute and Liverpool added three more goals through Flanagan, Surarez and Sterling,

Liverpool have won 19 of the 43 Premier League matches played so far with Tottenham on 13 wins and 11 games drawn.

Overall, Liverpool have the upper hand over Spurs with 75 wins to 49 with 41 of the 165 matches played so far drawn.

A6599_zps78512bcb.jpg

Full History of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Matches 1894-2014

A6600_zps67fdb002.jpg

They Played for Spurs & Liverpool....

Nick Barmby
Keith Burkinshaw
(Liverpool player, Spurs manager)
Harry Bradshaw
Joe Brough
Ray Clemence
Peter Crouch
Brad Friedel

Charlie Hewitt
Alex Inglethorpe (Development manager at both clubs)
Robbie Keane
Oyvind Leonhardsen
Doug Livermore
(Liverpool player, Spurs official)
Danny Murphy
Paul Konchesky
Jamie Redknapp
Ronnie "The Rocket" Rosenthal
Neil "Razor" Ruddock
John Scales

Tom Soulsby
Graeme Souness (also Liverpool manager)
John Stephenson
Paul Stewart
Paul Walsh
Christian Ziege

Last edited:
ah yes children...todays maths question:

High defensive line
+ no pressure on liverpools midfield
+ Dawson's oil tanker turning ability =
----------------------------------------------

A right good rimming for Tottenham Hotspur!!!!

oh my...come 1800 hours next sunday ill be sucking my THUMB and asking for my mummy!

At the end of the day it's Jordan Henderson, Joe Allen, Adam Johnson, calamity Skirtl and that Flanagan lad interspersed with some good players. It's not Bayern.

Our plan should be to carry it to them and turn the game into a shooting competition, and just hope to fukk that:

a) Our defence is marginally less sh1t than theirs.
b) Suarez has his one off day of the entire season. He hasn't had one yet. Has to come.
c) Soldado's good recent form turns into gold.
d) Gerard gets an early yellow and then an early red.

I'd also like to announce that next week's Euromillions numbers are 1, 14, 15, 23, 43 and the lucky stars will be 2 and 8.

All of these things might happen.

People actually put Naughton in their line up? what the **** do you people smoke?

Lloris

no Rose or Naughton - Use some combination of Walker/Vlad/Vert/Kaboul/Dawson for back 4

Sandro/Eriksen/Bentaleb/Chadli in middle

Ade/Soldado up front (we have to offer a threat going forward, if Ade not available, bring Siggy in and Eriksen behind Soldado)

no Townsend/Lennon/Dembele/Kane in starting line up please

............................................Lloris............................................
Naughton/Walker.......Kaboul..................Vert........................Rose
............................Sandro.............Bentaleb................................
.........Chadli..........................Sig.............................Eriksen........
........................................Soldado............................................

This table was posted before Fulham shipped 5 at the Emirates so their goal difference is now only 1 better than ours, fingers crossed that we can quadruple our points tally against the Top 4 with a win at Anfield [-o<

https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/445830827033649152
Bi_oxmuCYAAQW26.png:small

With our gaffe prone back line there's sod all chance of keeping a clean sheet so might as well play 2 up front and hope that Adebayor + Soldado outscore Suarez + Sturridge \o/

https://twitter.com/newsmogsy/status/447686155610628096
BjaAL7QIYAAoCmZ.jpg:small

If there is no returns from fitness I would go with the second half team ie siggy for moose.

Going to be a hell of s job keeping Suarez and co quiet but you never know. COYS

No doubt it will be tough... Very tough...

I think we need some of our players to return from injury, Walker, Sandro and Ade in particular.

They have the fastest attack in the league. They've scored 57 goals in their past 17 games.

We're currently playing a suicidally high line without particularly fast players at the back (and even if we had 1-4 from the Olympics 100m final, we'd still struggle to catch with Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling when we're starting from standing and they're already at full pace) and without adequate pressure from midfield.

I can't say I'm too confident here.....

Me neither. From the available players, I would play

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Rose

Sandro Bentelab

Chadli. Eriksen Sigi

Ade Solly

No high line, no wingers ( Lennon and Townsend both off form and kept as impact subs) and pressing from front to back.

With Ade and Solly pressing their back line they won't be able to pick passes, Sigi harassing Gerrard and Chadli making his presence felt, i hope they wont be able to sttle into a rythm. Sandro and Bentelab biting in midfield and really snapping in the tackle. Back four dropping off (like the second half yesterday).

In attack, Eriksen/ Solly and Ade/Solly have shown embryonic glimpses of partnerships. Solly looks much happier when he has someone to work with ( under AVB he had no one ).

Let those three work their magic and lets keep our fingers crossed. Not expecting anything out of the game, so anything we do get will be a bonus.

COYS

Me neither. From the available players, I would play

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Rose

Sandro Bentelab

Chadli. Eriksen Sigi

Ade Solly

No high line, no wingers ( Lennon and Townsend both off form and kept as impact subs) and pressing from front to back.

With Ade and Solly pressing their back line they won't be able to pick passes, Sigi harassing Gerrard and Chadli making his presence felt, i hope they wont be able to sttle into a rythm. Sandro and Bentelab biting in midfield and really snapping in the tackle. Back four dropping off (like the second half yesterday).

In attack, Eriksen/ Solly and Ade/Solly have shown embryonic glimpses of partnerships. Solly looks much happier when he has someone to work with ( under AVB he had no one ).

Let those three work their magic and lets keep our fingers crossed. Not expecting anything out of the game, so anything we do get will be a bonus.

COYS

On the other hand if we do end up losing playing 12 against 11 it would be really embarrassing...

-------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker-----Kaboul-----Vertonghen----Rose

-------------Sandro----Bentaleb------------

----Dembele-----Eriksen----------Chadli---

-----------------Adebayor---------------------

Strict instruction for Bentaleb and Sandro to sit. Keep that gap between the back four minimal.

The back four need to spend the whole week working on their relationships and cutting out the gaps between the channels where we are ruthlessly exposed so often.

I'd almost want us just to compact and deal with any balls played into the box.

We almost did it v Chelsea after the initial 5 minutes and before the implosion.

Can we concentrate for 90 mins? Are we too crippled with fear of making a big mistake that it's just inevitable?

It will certainly be a turn up for the books if we pull anything out here. I might even give Tim Sherwood some credit!!!

I would be amazed if Liverpool don't score at least 3 with the way our defence is at the minute. Their defence is pretty ****e as well so might as well have a go rather than sit back and still get battered. Definitely goals in this game, with us conceding most of them probably. I think it could end up about 4-2 or 5-2 to them.

Strict instruction for Bentaleb and Sandro to sit. Keep that gap between the back four minimal.

The back four need to spend the whole week working on their relationships and cutting out the gaps between the channels where we are ruthlessly exposed so often.

We almost did it v Chelsea after the initial 5 minutes and before the implosion.

Can we concentrate for 90 mins? Are we too crippled with fear of making a big mistake that it's just inevitable?

It will certainly be a turn up for the books if we pull anything out here. I might even give Tim Sherwood some credit!!!

I like that line-up and agree with your comments.

People talk about a high line, and that's part of the problem, but just as important are counter attacks. When teams lose the ball essentially everyone has a high line. No one leaves their central defenders at the edge of their own box when attacking in the opponent's half. Not committing too many players forward, being patient at 0-0 and not allowing Liverpool to play their counter attacking game against us will be key. And yes, when we defend organized we have to either make damned sure there's pressure on the man on the ball or drop off.

I wouldn't mind that tbh but swap Chadli and Eriksen's positions.

Back