• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is surprising how changing the manager - a loved one at that - has lifted Spurs. All the fans are so much more enthused. And it must be the same for the players. Mourinho has his critics, but he's had a positive effect. I know those who still doubt him worry about the long term, when the mood changes. But... @ShipOfGoldblum and others enjoy the ride! Half of football is the soap opera. We have that a hit show, to be aired next year!

I’m not entirely sure that’s a good thing but looking forward to a decisive win tomorrow, even if it does all go to brick before springtime.

We switched to 4-4-2 when Sissoko came on against Olympiakos. Mourinho has so far started with one wide forward (Son) and one tucked in on the right when we become a 3-2-4-1 in attack with Aurier wide right. With you picking Lo Celso on the left, we have no obvious width on that side and a significantly reduced goal threat on the right. I don't see him doing that.

I think that he'll primarily use Sissoko to see out games.

We will see.

I opted for either Sess or LoCelso on the left. If he goes for Sess, that would be a direct Son replacement wide left. Aurier ( and on occasion Sissoko) will provide the width on the right.

I’m not entirely sure that’s a good thing but looking forward to a decisive win tomorrow, even if it does all go to brick before springtime.
Failure is always an option. Supporting Spurs, like with 99% of clubs failure at some point in the not so distant future is as good as guaranteed. If we can't enjoy the rides of positivity and progress while we're on them only suffering remains.

(Yeah, that was put over the top and in no way intended as an attack in you or your opinion)
We will see.

I opted for either Sess or LoCelso on the left. If he goes for Sess, that would be a direct Son replacement wide left. Aurier ( and on occasion Sissoko) will provide the width on the right.
Would surprise me to see him rotate out both of Moura and Son.

Could see this being a decent game for Sisdoko's qualities, would be somewhat surprised to see him start none the less.

Mourinho will surprise me quite often I feel, so maybe you're spot on.

We will see.

Sess would be a closer understudy for Son. I still think that you are taking a lot of goals out of the team and I can't see Mourinho doing that.

Failure is always an option. Supporting Spurs, like with 99% of clubs failure at some point in the not so distant future is as good as guaranteed. If we can't enjoy the rides of positivity and progress while we're on them only suffering remains.

(Yeah, that was put over the top and in no way intended as an attack in you or your opinion)Would surprise me to see him rotate out both of Moura and Son.

Could see this being a decent game for Sisdoko's qualities, would be somewhat surprised to see him start none the less.

Mourinho will surprise me quite often I feel, so maybe you're spot on.

I suspect JM will surprise us all quite often!!! Buckle up and prepare for the ride!!!!!

Sess would be a closer understudy for Son. I still think that you are taking a lot of goals out of the team and I can't see Mourinho doing that.

I thought Son had a poor game on Tuesday . I think the late threat of a Son and Lucas double sub on the hour is just JM's type of threat. Didn't he once do it against us with Hazard and ?Willian ?

I thought Son had a poor game on Tuesday . I think the late threat of a Son and Lucas double sub on the hour is just JM's type of threat. Didn't he once do it against us with Hazard and ?Willian ?

I don't see him making massive changes game to game at the moment. He has enough work to do getting his ideas across to the squad and tightening us up at the back without changing everything up front.

We also need to remember that Mourinho rarely coaches attacking routines and relies on creativity from his forwards. That doesn't sound like a good fit with Sissoko to me and is a big ask of Sess. I'm sure that Lo Celso has this in him but I've already said that I can't see Mourinho changing the shape of the side to accommodate him on the left. Change Sissoko for Lo Celso and start Son on the left and it looks a closer fit to how we've set up so far under Mourinho.

I'm expecting an unchanged side.

A poor game in that he got on the ball in good positions, tried to make things happen, but it didn't work out. He's in good form overall, I'll take that kind of poor game once in a while over someone disappearing. What he tries to do is often difficult, high risk high reward, some games will be like that.
I don't see him making massive changes game to game at the moment. He has enough work to do getting his ideas across to the squad and tightening us up at the back without changing everything up front.

We also need to remember that Mourinho rarely coaches attacking routines and relies on creativity from his forwards. That doesn't sound like a good fit with Sissoko to me and is a big ask of Sess. I'm sure that Lo Celso has this in him but I've already said that I can't see Mourinho changing the shape of the side to accommodate him on the left. Change Sissoko for Lo Celso and start Son on the left and it looks a closer fit to how we've set up so far under Mourinho.

This is a very good point. When Mourinho highlighted fatigue, but didn't make many changes I think this is an important reason why. Keeping a more unchanged team has benefits at this point that might outweigh fatigue and tired legs.

Certainly keeping the main shape the same, keeping most of the players the same. One or two changes in the front six perhaps, give new players coming in a chance to enter into a fairly functional side, not big changes to the system or line-up would be my guess.

Certainly keeping the main shape the same, keeping most of the players the same. One or two changes in the front six perhaps, give new players coming in a chance to enter into a fairly functional side, not big changes to the system or line-up would be my guess.

If it is emotional or mental fatigue, both hinted at by Mourinho and some players, playing may be better than rest. We also have players like Dier who he is clearly trying to play into form/match fitness.

Gazzaniga
Jan
Toby
Sanchez
Aurier
Dier
Ndombele
Eriksen
Dele
Moura
Kane

Just resting a couple I think, though could easily see any combination of Son, Moura and Eriksen play for the 2 positions. Could also see Aurier rested but would be for KWP if Jan starts or Foyth if Rose starts.

Gazzaniga
Jan
Toby
Sanchez
Aurier
Dier
Ndombele
Eriksen
Dele
Moura
Kane

Just resting a couple I think, though could easily see any combination of Son, Moura and Eriksen play for the 2 positions. Could also see Aurier rested but would be for KWP if Jan starts or Foyth if Rose starts.

Are you having Moura switch sides?

@milo to change the subject slightly, I wondered where you thought Poch might have played the three new boys, with whom and in what formation?

So you're looking for him to provide the width on the side with a sitting FB?
Yea would think so, balance out the attacking FB on the other side. This isn’t my preferred side or anything, just one I think Jose May pick after making a few changes to keep people fresh.

Come on Milo, stop flirting, what are you getting at?

Yea would think so, balance out the attacking FB on the other side. This isn’t my preferred side or anything, just one I think Jose May pick after making a few changes to keep people fresh.

Come on Milo, stop flirting, what are you getting at?

I'm just curious with what you had in mind. I think that would work better in front of Foyth than Verts but I think Aurier will start tomorrow

Haven't I answered that when you asked earlier?

Yes, sorry missed that in another thread. I am not sure I would rate a midfield of Winks, NDombele and LoCelso, but let's see if it pans out like that.

Same formation, likely same three up front. I could see one or two changes (Jan at LB?)

Wonder how close is Lamela to playing? could see him getting some late game time (he'd be the type of player Jose might like to have against United)

Once again, only the result matters, keep the run going, get 3 points, rebuild the confidence

We have now won both the matches under Mourinho. We need to continue that winning run in this match. We used to have a great record against Bournemouth but we lost to them away last season. That shows we need to take the all the teams seriously now. We cannot afford to get complacent against any teams.

We have scored 7 goals in 2 matches since Mourinho took over. We need to continue that goal scoring run in this match. We need Kane, Son, Moura and Alli to continue their good form under Mourinho. Too bad Lamela is still out injured as his creativity will be very useful to us. Lo Celso and Sessegnon still have not played much under Mourinho. It remains to be seen if both will be used by Mourinho.

Mourinho need to find the right midfield for us. Not sure Dier or Winks is the answer to our midfield problems. I think Mourinho shoud bring back Wanyama and try to get him back to his best. We also need Ndombele to show the kind of form he showed at Lyon. Despite all his work rate, Sissoko still needs to improve his finishing.

Our defence really need to improve their performance. With due respect to Bournemouth, it will be disappointing if we cannot stop them scoring in this match. Wish we can have Vertongen and Alderweireld back together in defence. Gazzaniga too should organize the defence to protect him more.

We need to go on a long winning run if we want to move up the league table. We have started well under Mourinho. We need to continue that good form. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Bournemouth and get back into the top 4 race.

Back