• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMG OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He signed a new deal 11 months ago?
Should he sign one every month to prove his loyalty?

I guess we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. One thing seems obvious though: in our current strikerless predicament, while other youth players get chances, it seems unlikely Mourinho is working against the clubs interests. More likely he is working with Levy, and not including Parrot because of some kind of contract or commitment issue.

I guess we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. One thing seems obvious though: in our current strikerless predicament, while other youth players get chances, it seems unlikely Mourinho is working against the clubs interests. More likely he is working with Levy, and not including Parrot because of some kind of contract or commitment issue.

Mourinho has always worked with his own interest first.
As long as he comes out with the reputation not damaged that's all that matters to him.
He knows he can turn around and say I have no strikers and deflect all the blame when things are going to brick.
It's the same as Redknapp putting 2 sub keepers on the bench and complaining he doesn't have the players.

How is excluding a player and demoting him going encourage him to sign a contract to tie him to the club long term?

How is excluding a player and demoting him going encourage him to sign a contract to tie him to the club long term?

Exactly this. We won't know he isn't ready until he has actually been played. Absolutely not downside to giving him a few minutes when we need a goal (e.g. Boro and Norwich away). He doesn't play well or score - no harm done. File him in the "not ready" file. Give him fifteen minutes and he scores...Well, who wouldn't be happy?

Mourinho has always worked with his own interest first.
As long as he comes out with the reputation not damaged that's all that matters to him.
He knows he can turn around and say I have no strikers and deflect all the blame when things are going to brick.
It's the same as Redknapp putting 2 sub keepers on the bench and complaining he doesn't have the players.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. It's quite a simple policy, don't select players who aren't committed to the club. Why would you invest in their development? If they are not into signing a contract playing is only going to have them increase their value - and demands. Don't play them if they are not committed.

OR

Mourinho is willfully damaging Spurs, working against Levy and the prospects of a youth player. That's the wack conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory or not, we are playing better football and seeing better squad utilisation under mourinhio

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Playing “better football”? Come on mate.
We are becoming more sound again, and since Tanganga came in we finally appear to have some defensive structure. But I am not seeing better football. Again, not blaming Mourinho -he got a tough hand.

Playing “better football”? Come on mate.
We are becoming more sound again, and since Tanganga came in we finally appear to have some defensive structure. But I am not seeing better football. Again, not blaming Mourinho -he got a tough hand.
unsound football = worse football

It's quite a simple policy, don't select players who aren't committed to the club. Why would you invest in their development? If they are not into signing a contract playing is only going to have them increase their value - and demands. Don't play them if they are not committed.

Eriksen?

Not a youth player. We did drop him, but with the amount of games, and to get more quality in midfield we may as well use him while we can. Furthermore, with Inter playing hardball over a transfer fee, it strengthens our negotiating position by playing him. He'll likely go at the end of the window imo.

Not sure about that. Ossie’s fab five were as sound as a ricepaper flood wall but a lot of fun to watch. Depends on your definitions I suppose mate.
You shouldn't insinuate that Ossie didn't know how to build a team that can defend. His team in Japan had a brilliant defensive record, just ask Stevie P.

You shouldn't insinuate that Ossie didn't know how to build a team that can defend. His team in Japan had a brilliant defensive record, just ask Stevie P.

I was a huge fan of his side and know the deduction/timing of reversal crushed him. But Nethercott was not the answer :)

Another disappointing performance and result. We have lost valuable points with this draw. Our away record continues to be poor. More worryingly, our performances under Mourinho have not been convincing either. We started well but failed to make use of our goal scoring chances. as usual, we played poorly in the second half and were fortunate not to concede goals. Gazzaniga did well to save the penalty. But we were also unlucky when Lamela's shot was saved on the line late in the match. The only positive thing from this match was the promising debut by our new signing Gedson Fernandes.

Our attack have not been good this season even with Kane playing. Now without Kane, our attack look even worse. Our attack looked toothless and we didn't look like scoring. But we still created a few chances which we should have done better with. Even Lo Celso and Lamela failed to inspire us. Others like Son, Alli and Moura had another poor match. Special mention to Alli who punched the bench after being replaced by Eriksen. Alli really should punch himself in the face for another uninspiring match. Fernandes played well after replacing Lo Celso. But all this poor performance would have been forgiven if Lamela's shot had went into goal late in the match. Instead, it was annoying to see goal line technology ruling it not a goal. It is really a stupid decision as almost the entire ball had crossed the goal line except for a little touch of the ball.

Our midfield had another poor match. With Ndombele and Sissoko out injured, we were always going to struggle which we did. Winks made too many errors as usual. Maybe we should have started with Eriksen. Somehow our midfield looks unbalanced without Eriksen in attack. Thought Mourinho will make use of Wanyama but it seems like he is out of favour nowadays.

Our defence can be proud of keeping this clean sheet even if we rode our luck. It was a schoolboy error by Vertonghen to concede the penalty with his hand. But Gazzaniga deserves full credit for saving the penalty. Tanganga had another good match. But he still needs to avoid giving away freekicks near our goal.

With this draw, we are now winless in 4 league matches. Worryingly for us, we have failed to score in 3 league matches since the start of the new year and new decade. But cannot fully blame Mourinho. This team still looks like a Pochettino team. I think Mourinho needs to have more of his own players like Fernandes before he can get us the results.

Back