• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

I don't like youngsters like Skipp making a direct entry into our first 11. They should be send out on loan to other clubs like Kane to get experience and prove their worth first. Regardless of how good youngsters are, their lack of experience at the highest level will always let them down.
Harry Winks says what now?

I think skippy will be a top player, and will surpass winksy in a few years time

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Early days, but I think there is a little more to Skipp than Winks (at the same stage), his physicality helps him.

Was good to see him putting his body on the line a couple of times today, not shy .. cameo as ever, but really nice to see.

Slotted in seamlessly. He really made himself available for the ball at all times and put in some great challenges.

His defensive instincts are great. Given game time, he should progress really well.

Fairly low risk as the game was won, but I really enjoyed the quality of his passing and overall control of the ball in tight areas under pressure. If he can do that when a game is in the balance his path to the first team should be kept open.

Where is all this better than Winks nonsense coming from? Seems to be basing a lot on a couple of sub appearances and a pre season tour. Bear in mind it’s always a lot easier too when you first come on the scene as an unknown quantity. Way too early to be making such judgements, we don’t even know how good Winks is going to be yet and he’s an England international, let alone Skipp....

Last edited:
Where is all this better than Winks nonsense coming from? Seems to be basing a lot on a couple of sub appearances and a pre season tour. Bear in mind it’s always a lot easier too when you first come on the scene as an unknown quantity. Way too early to be making such judgements, we don’t even know how good Winks is going to be yet and he’s an England international, let alone Skipp....

Agree with all of this, Skipp looks like the real deal but then so did Winks before he got injured. They both have a lot of work to do but they both seem to have not only the ability but the attitude to become top players.

With the emergence of Skipp is there now an argument to give dembele another year or two, to allow his continued development, rather than take on the ominous task of trying to replace mousa?

Bearing in mind we also have Winks, Dier and now Sissoko really establishing himself.

And this is despite the sad rapid deterioration of Wanyama.

Agree with all of this, Skipp looks like the real deal but then so did Winks before he got injured. They both have a lot of work to do but they both seem to have not only the ability but the attitude to become top players.
Winks looks the real deal right now as well. Delighted to have both of them at the club.

Hope Skipp keeps getting game time.

Said in the summer that is not signing a CM might be an indication of how Pochettino rates Skipp or Onomah. Skipp showing himself worthy of a squad role at a very young age. If he can keep developing we could have a real gem on our hands.

I think people saying Skipp are better than Winks now are obviously being very premature but I believe Skipp has been one of the most highly rated prospects from the academy for a while and seems to have a good head on him too.

Let's not put too much pressure on him but he seems to be doing ok so far.

Skipp hasnt emerged at all. He has played a couple of games and looked raw but promising.

If he continues to impress he is still at least a season away from first team regular, if not more. Possibly he'll need a loan to cement his game etc.

He looks very promising, but we havent seen anywhere near enough of him to be making statements about how he is better than Winks etc.

I think we should let Dembélé leave this summer, even if he could get back to playing a couple of games here and there by doing that we may hold back the progress of Skipp.
If Dembele was happy to stay and be a bit part player - cups, an option from the bench etc, I'd keep him and have Skipp learn from him.
But I think Dembele will want to play and will probably want that last payday.
China or middle East makes sense.

If Dembele was happy to stay and be a bit part player - cups, an option from the bench etc, I'd keep him and have Skipp learn from him.
But I think Dembele will want to play and will probably want that last payday.
China or middle East makes sense.

I think we need to move him on tbh. Yes we are unlucky with injuries but also not unlucky...because Wanyama and Dembele are clearly now crocked so we can't complain too much when our '1st choice' midfielders are out.

Same with King/Woodgate.

Think we need to revitalise the cm this summer. It is a shame because 2 seasons ago, I'd say it was probably one of our strongest positions, now arguably our weakest. We've been saved by a very unexpected recovery from Sissoko. We need reliable players in cm.

I'm surprised he didn't start against Bournemouth after Poch's comments, would have allowed us to rest Sissoko as well. I'm sure he'll get a start in the FA Cup. Dembele should go in the summer as his fitness levels aren't good enough sadly at the moment, we can't run the risk of waiting for Skipp to hopefully come good while learning from him. By that time (2/3 seasons) we could have slipped massively with a weaker midfield, we need to buy someone to fill that hole asap. I'd be happy if we paid a few million more to make that deal happen in January.

Back