1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Oliver Skipp

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Spur of the moment, 1 Aug 2018.

Tags:
  1. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Paul Stalteri

If ever a 17yo trainee deserved his own thread it has to be this young man. He already seems to possess a full complement of attributes for any box-to-box midfielder: pace, strength, skill on the ball, tackling, distribution, anticipation, energy, awareness, drive, attitude, you name it.

Not going to be too long before he makes his full first-team debut. However we've seen it all before and there's never any guarantee of success even for the brightest of prospects, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses from here. But on paper at least, this boy has one hell of a future ahead of him.

Check out the video below. A nifty little spin and dragback @ 0.46 against AC Milan earlier today illustrates his skill on the ball but more impressive still is the way he tracks back (@ 2.20) to snuff out a dangerous Milan attack:

Last edited: 1 Aug 2018
    Daisuk, SteveAWOL, Yermiyahu and 6 others like this.
  2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Skipp and Amos are exactly why IMO we shouldn’t be buying a centre mid to cover for the injuries ... give these lads a chance like we did kane and others

They won’t let us down for effort and can only grow form the experience

3. Robbo

Robbo Pat van den Hauwe

He must've skipped school for training to be that good at only seventeen. Just look at those twists and turns! Future skipper?

4. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Justin Edinburgh

It's in the name.

5. papaspur

papaspur Neil Ruddock

Are you guys sure this isn't some 40 year old that just decided to start playing?

6. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Early days yet of course but so far i have been impressed, funny enough he reminded of how good Winks looked when he first broke into the team.

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Amazing isn’t it when players are coached but also given some time on the pitch how they develop and how the grow even in a few games

thfcsteff and DeleHarry like this.
  8. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

It is, as long as the player has the right attitude and is willing to listen and learn then its up to them to take the chance with both hands. Both Winks and Skipp seem to have done that, as i say its early days but it looks promising.

9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Held in very high regard at the club

Actually reminds me of a midfield Kane in tha5 he seems to read the game and puts in a shift first and foremost

thfcsteff likes this.
  10. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

That is good to hear, at the end of the day all/most of these kids at top clubs have ability, unfortuately there are also a few of them who think they have already made it and stop listening and learning.

Your second point is a good one, that was the first thing i noticed about Winks and Skipp seems to have that ability and also the work rate.

Robbo and Yermiyahu like this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

It’s a hard thing to coach, which I’m sure you know. If you have vision you have it. Sterling is a classic player for me who just doesn’t have the awareness of his surroundings in the pitch. Skipp seems to play one step ahead which at his age is immense if he carries on

I think he will get more games for us by the end of the season than Foden for city

12. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Roman Pavlyuchenko

Will be in England's central midfield by 2020 knowing the effect Poch has.

13. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Paul Stalteri

Wonder if he'll have the same strong sense of commitment and loyalty to Tottenham as Kane? Believe he's been an academy players since he was 11 or 12 so that might help.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  14. Gazza

Gazza Dean Austin

Has your name got "jog off" in it somewhere

15. DeleHarry

DeleHarry Jose Dominguez

Looks mature beyond his years

16. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Justin Edinburgh

"toss off" more like.

What did I do to hurt you Gazza?

All I've ever done is love you..... Wait, wrong Gazza.

Gazza likes this.
  17. Yiddo

Yiddo Edgar Davids

It was an impressive pre season (and a cup game) that got Mason his break in the first team.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  18. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Johnny Morrison

He seems to read the game well, to be aware of his surroundings, and to be comfortable receiving the ball, and then using it quickly and effectively. I’d say that he’s a different type of midfielder to Winks, but as has been said above, I’m similarly excited by his potential. I hope we can get him a full contract as soon as possible. Don’t want us to lose him abroad as we have been with other youth players.

19. indospurs

indospurs Andy Sinton

Looks a prospect - one to build with !

20. Jon

Jon Paul Stalteri

He did more good in 45 seconds of that video than £30m Sissoko has done in two years...

Bullet, El Guepardo and Gutter Boy like this.