• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Finally watched Drive. Bit one paced, there's a better film in there with better editing. Acting is a bit prosaic as well, reminded me of the acting in The Neon Demon which was pants.

I saw T2-Trainspotting today. I thought it was one of the best sequels I've seen perhaps even better than the original.

Last film I saw at the cinema before that was Rogue One, which barring the last 30 mins was one of the worst films I've seen (and as a huge SW fan is hard to admit)

Watched anthropoid on Saturday, had come highly recommended.
I knew the story, none of the performances where particularly stand out and direction was a hit slipshod.
It was very thought provoking though and worth a watch.

Watched anthropoid on Saturday, had come highly recommended.
I knew the story, none of the performances where particularly stand out and direction was a hit slipshod.
It was very thought provoking though and worth a watch.

Rather like Hacksaw Ridge, the romantic subplot was a tad tedious imho but the shootout was well worth the wait. I wasn't familiar with the event, so film was gripping until the end.
Hacksaw Ridge - a movie of two halves, everything leading up to the battlefield was pretty naff but the war scenes were fantastic - first half 5/10 second half 8/10

Forrest Gump meets Saving Private Ryan.

Watch High Rise, but it was poor, nowhere near as good as Sightseers. Has anyone watched Down Terrace or Kill List, and would you recommend them?

Watch High Rise, but it was poor, nowhere near as good as Sightseers. Has anyone watched Down Terrace or Kill List, and would you recommend them?
Bought them both on DVD. Down Terrace ok, but Kill List is quite something. If Sightseers is his modern day Nuts in May, then Kill List is his reworking of...well I can't say as it would spoil the ending.

Bought them both on DVD. Down Terrace ok, but Kill List is quite something. If Sightseers is his modern day Nuts in May, then Kill List is his reworking of...well I can't say as it would spoil the ending.

Agree. Kill List is better than Down Terrace (which is decent though)

Ben Wheatley is a real modern auteur - everything he's done so far has been significant.

Back