• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Saw two films recently... Unbreakable and Let Me In.

Unbreakable -
Not what I was expecting at all. I thought it was supposed to be an action thriller with amazing FX but it was nothing of the sort.
The funny thing is, the film didn't need it in the slightest either. I know it's an oldie but I don't want to give anything away for people who haven't seen it.
Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson were both superb and rubbed off on me really well.
My friend hated this film for some reason, calling it a 'waste of his time'... I guess he's a Michael Bay kinda guy... meh.

Let Me In -
I know what you're about to say (because I've had it said to me 20 odd times since I announced I had just watched it)... I should have watched 'Let The Right One In' first.
But apparently, even though the story remains the same, the Americans adapted it to suit their cultural setting. It was excellent for me and I thought Chloe Moretz made a good account for herself.
One of the better Vampire films out there. This film really sucked me in and placed me on the side of the kid being bullied. Thought it was excellent. Now for the original!

Let Me In -
I know what you're about to say (because I've had it said to me 20 odd times since I announced I had just watched it)... I should have watched 'Let The Right One In' first.
But apparently, even though the story remains the same, the Americans adapted it to suit their cultural setting. It was excellent for me and I thought Chloe Moretz made a good account for herself.
One of the better Vampire films out there. This film really sucked me in and placed me on the side of the kid being bullied. Thought it was excellent. Now for the original!

Its a very good adaptation, not the usual fudge up hollywood produce

If you enjoyed it it is certainly worth watching the original which is IMO better. Not because "Its the original" but because it absolutely nails the atmosphere.

Also, I dont really consider it a vampire film, thats something that impresses a horror or monster movie. This one is more about friendship and loneliness IMO -its actually a very sweet film underneath

Saw Mission Impossible at the cinema the other day, really enjoyed it

Bad Teacher, a few funny bits but nothing special. Jason Segel is the best thing in it (when will hollywood realise that Diaz is a munter and not a sex symbol?)

Saw RED last night, loads of fun

Saw Mission Impossible at the cinema the other day, really enjoyed it

Bad Teacher, a few funny bits but nothing special. Jason Segel is the best thing in it (when will hollywood realise that Diaz is a munter and not a sex symbol?)

Saw RED last night, loads of fun

Diaz isn't always a munter, she has glimpses of sizzling hot-ness still; even if less so these days.

RED is a great film, liked the story and with good cast.

Mission impossible 4, was good fun, good action sequences but Cruise is looking old.

About to watch Training Day; seen it so many times before, think it's a great film, made even better by Eva Mendes.

Limitless is on Sky Premier.

Great film for an hour and 15 minutes then it kinda dies off towards the end

Watch it & find out for yourself whether it's any good or not. I'd never flat out trust opinion over movies; we all like different stuff.

Was watching Cinderella Man on tv last night. Was that just another chapter in life from the beautiful mind guy?

Watch it & find out for yourself whether it's any good or not. I'd never flat out trust opinion over movies; we all like different stuff.

I will. Just found it interesting that one person tells me its epic and another says nothing happens in it.

Back