• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

papaspur

Kasey Keller
May as well start with something positive (BAE goal)

As my first post on the new forum, I'll start with something that makes me feel really good every time I watch it. And no, it doesn't belong in the Vice Den.
BAE Goal

That's both fullbacks scoring screamers this season. Can't wait to see what Kaboul's been saving up.

As I said in FB, it's a good a hit but it's not a screamer because without the massive deflection the 'keeper would have saved it.

I know it took a huge deflection. Alright, fine, they've both had bets to see who could hit the furthest goal.

It wasn't a deflection. Benny knew it was impossible to score with a straight, or curled shot, but quickly worked out the trajectory to goal could be achieved by adding a fraction amount of downward side spin by brushing a defenders arse exactly 9.765yards after an initial straight shot.

Simple genius, yet I'm surprised so many did not grasp the concept of what he did instinctively.

Was gutted when I saw the deflection, as watching it first time I thought "Goal of the month by miles" and was delighted for Benny that his 2nd goal for Spurs would have ALSO been a screamer just like the first! But alas wasn't to be, although BAE gets 'G' of the century award though... he's basically the definition of cool. My highlight of the match was him flicking the ball into the air and heading it back to Friedel, LAD!!

who gives a love about the deflection? still an absolute cracker of a goal.. loved his reaction too, seemed sooo happy.

spurs legend.

His reaction was very cool and dare I say it ... very french. That movement of his hands and the look of his eyes are gesticulations that I often saw when I used to live in France, often accompanied by a "oh putain". To express omfg or something like that. It was priceless though, it's so funny that he keeps trying to fool everyone that football doesn't matter.

Only positive stuff goes in here.

@AssouEkotto: Swansea!! We beleve in U LOL

I don't mind admitting that I man love Benoit.

He is the epitome of cool. This thread is to celebrate his greatness.

_57844862_57827409.jpg

Loved this one from yesterday:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @Asso 23h

brick result! Dont need it now! But we cannot win every game... My both ankle is pain full -((( LOL Fokus on Emirates Marketing Project now

I agree Marco he is one of the most under rated players in the PL. The guy has great control and composure. He has bit of pace and decent passing and is a very good defender considering he almost runs the left side on his own. I dont know why he never gets the praise he deserves. Maybe people judged on his early days where he was a bit erratic.

I agree Marco he is one of the most under rated players in the PL. The guy has great control and composure. He has bit of pace and decent passing and is a very good defender considering he almost runs the left side on his own. I dont know why he never gets the praise he deserves. Maybe people judged on his early days where he was a bit erratic.

I also think its a bit of the Kanoute thing again. Because he looks so relaxed he is an easy target for criticism. He is a major part of our success and deserves much more praise.

Back