• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Now the Transfer Window has closed, where do you think we'll finish?

Where do you think we'll finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Now the transfer window has closed, assessing ours and others' dealing where do you think we will finish?

Note to Mods: I'm leaving this poll open until the next set of league games to gauge opinion right now before we see how we and other teams actually play. Feel free to merge with one of the other threads after that (maybe the 2015-16 expectations thread?).

Somewhere between 5th and 7th...

6th! But as above, don't really agree with options in the poll...

6th would be the default view
5th if all goes well (i.e. Kane stays healthy, we get similar returns from Kane/Eriksen, with contributions from NJie, Son)
7th if it goes south
Anything below would be a disaster

I think we'll end up 7th.

Last year's top 4 and Liverpool will finish above us and there will also be a surprise team this year that we finish below. I think we'll end up with less points than last year. Should Kane get any reasonably significant injuries then I think we'll do even worse than 7th as there is not really anyone else at the club who can play as a number 9.

Liverpool have a worse squad than they did last season (Sterling and Gerrard not properly replaced, lots of players unsuitable to the league) and they have a disastrous manager who won't see in the new year

gerard was half the player he was when he left.
sterling was replaced by benteke in a different way, but benteke offers a much better goal threat.

The league looks stronger this year and I don't think anyone can sit there and pick out 10 teams that will be thrashed every time they face a team in the top 4. This year is going to be tighter than last and I think we will do well to stay in that top 6 given our results in the first four games.

I do think we have played some good football and once we have intergrated the new guys and settled down we should start winning a few games, but as with every season it's how we navigate February-April that will define where we finish. Personally, I'd like to see us go for the Europa League final over a fourth place finish so 5th-7th would be my expectation if we do focus on it. It would be an all or nothing move.

The top three places are decided for me and that would be City, Chelsea and the Arse.

And then they will be a fight between L'Pool, Utd, and Us for forth place.

Having said that I think we will be 5th again.

The top three places are decided for me and that would be City, Chel53a and the Arse.

And then they will be a fight between L'Pool, Utd, and Us for forth place.

Having said that I think we will be 5th again.

Yeah I agree with that however arsenals squad looks broken if they pick up a few injuries

They really didn't address the issues in the squad to make them a string side across all competitions but we know where they will end up with their experience

Yeah I agree with that however arsenals squad looks broken if they pick up a few injuries

They really didn't address the issues in the squad to make them a string side across all competitions but we know where they will end up with their experience

After City and Chelski ( I hate to say it) I just think they are the best of the rest. They have holes in their squad but if they can ever get Wheelchair fit and the Ox I can not see anyone else getting that third spot.

Quite interesting looking at the size of the squads that have been registered. The teams above us have a serious lack of quality in their U21s.

Chelsea have Zouma and Wallace. Rest are probably out on loan anyway.
City have Sterling. Can't see anyone else of any quality, but not like they'll be given a chance anyway.
Arsenal have Chambers and Bellerin. Not up to speed on who's out on loan from the rest.
Utd have Lingard, Johnstone and Keane in the main squad. Depay, Wilson and Martial in the U21s. Blackett and Januzaj out on loan.

Chelsea 19
Emirates Marketing Project 21
Arsenal 22
Man Utd 21
Tottenham 21
Liverpool 21
Southampton 24
Swansea 25
Stoke 25
Palace 25
Everton 24
West Ham 25
West Brom 22
Leicester 24
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 25
Sunderland 24
Aston Villa 25
Bournemouth 25
Watford 24
Norwich 24

I think the top teams have big issues and it's why it feels so frustrating that we didn't put ourselves in the best possible position to take advantage of any slip-up (and i think there will be chances to do so this season):

Emirates Marketing Project - have started like a house on fire for sure, but adding a midfielder in KDB that plays at his best when there isn't much competition for hos place may lead to dressing room problems and we know how flaky they can be when things don't quite go their way. I also still see Toure have that "throw your hands in the air, sod this" air about him, so he could easily have a slump and when they do, they'll suffer.

Man utd - good solid in cm, but unispiring up front and potential holes at CB; in a general shambles off the pitch and feel always close to it on it as well.

Chelski - it is my belief that if Jose doesn't win vs Everton and then GHod forbid loses vs Arsenal at home, he'll resign, get himself sacked ("The problem with this club is that it is not prepared to spend big for its coaches") or get sectioned. They are in a turmoil right now, and it possibly started with our 5-3 on NYD and then started accelerating when Cech was signed by Arsenal and then Evagate

Arsenal - didn't strengthen where they really needed to and look a little stale generally. Who knows how long that staleness will last, and also remember the zip and freshness they had in pre-season that climaxed in their gloating over Chelski when they won the charity shield.

Liverpool - random player recruitment, random tactics. Boss looks two more big defeats away from the sack.

If we had even just got another CF (never mind a DCM-type) we imo would have been in great shape to push the top 4 all the way; usually every other year one of them drops out...sadly if that is the same this year i don't think we'll be anywhere near to capitalizing.
Very fustrating.

Don't get the Chelsea crisis talk at all. Still think at worst 2nd.
Arsenal third. Between Man U and us for 4th and 5th with Man U being favs, if only because they will things we don't.

6th would be my bet. Pushed hard by Swansea just given that they have had a better start than us and we are playing catch up already with the gap to grow initially by start of October imo but by Christmas we will have overtaken them. No chance of top 4 whatsoever and a minimal chance of 5th but would be more than happy finishing 6th/7th if we actually won a cup, preferrably the Europa League.

Chelsea
Emirates Marketing Project
Arsenal
Manchester United
-------------------------------
Liverpool
Tottenham
Swansea
Everton
Stoke
Southampton
Crystal Palace
Leicester City
West Ham United
West Bromwich Albion
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Bournemouth
Aston Villa
-------------------------------
Norwich City
Sunderland
Watford

Last edited:
would be more than happy finishing 6th/7th if we actually won a cup,
I would be happy for us to finish in the top 10 if we won a cup. It all depends on how quickly the new players gell together and we start winning. It is anyone's guess frankly!

Back