• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Now summer 2017 Transfer Window has closed, where do you expect us to finish?

Now summer 2017 Transfer Window has closed, where do you expect us to finish?

• 7th or eighth: confirmation that We are truly brick at Wembley!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Ok, now the window has closed and we've seen who we and everybody else has bought, where do you expect us to finish?

Vote now

United, City and Chelsea really should finish above us, not necessarily in that order. That should leave us fighting for 4th with Arsenal and Liverpool.

I'm going for 3rd, that we will beat one of the front-runners and hold off the other two. Our home record at Wembley will be worse than last season at WHL so we will need to improve away.

United, City and Chelsea really should finish above us, not necessarily in that order. That should leave us fighting for 4th with Arsenal and Liverpool.

I'm going for 3rd, that we will beat one of the front-runners and hold off the other two. Our home record at Wembley will be worse than last season at WHL so we will need to improve away.
I'm not totally sold on Chelsea. Their squad is almost as thin as last year and they have CL to deal with. Unless they maintain the same injury record as last year, I do not see them doing as well and could see us finishing ahead of them. United is also an iffy one for me. Sure, they're off to a flying start, but let's see where they are at the midpoint.

I'm not totally sold on Chelsea. Their squad is almost as thin as last year and they have CL to deal with. Unless they maintain the same injury record as last year, I do not see them doing as well and could see us finishing ahead of them. United is also an iffy one for me. Sure, they're off to a flying start, but let's see where they are at the midpoint.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'll add City's iffy defence. I was just thinking based on what they have spent they should finish above us. My prediction was that we would finish above one of them, but then again Liverpool or Arsenal could do better than expected.

Ultimately I think we can finish anywhere between 2nd and 6th. To win the title against three clubs with such a financial advantage would be hard enough, without the partial surrender of home advantage.

I've voted 3/4th

But I see so many glaring weaknesses in the other sides it's scary

City have no centre backs still and arguably need a holding midfielder

Chelsea have no depth to their squad and will have more games. The manager will jack mid season too I think

pool have actually marginally improved the defence with the Scottish lad but have no spine at all really

Arse are falling apart so I fully expect them to put in a red hot run at some point as they always do then fade

United for me lack variety. Their still basically a Mou big physical side without enough pace for that style. He doesn't start Rashford enough and he is one of the quickest. And when he plays he swaps with Martial who is their other whippet. They will have massive confidence with the mighty win and they have had but the league is generally one on the head to heads of the top sides backed up with great form against the dross

5th. Did expect 6th tbh but I think Arsenal are going to have a big struggle this season and see us finishing above them again. Liverpool to pip us to 4th but with a little bit of room to spare I think.

I think we will be pushing for top 4 with every chance of making it.

I dont think we will be pushing for the title, but given the upheaval this season CL again is more than acceptable.

I said 3/4th here, but in the predictions thread in General I had us finishing 5th. Go figure....

5/6 due to tough CL group and getting used to Wembley. will pick up in the new year..

5th/6th

Wembley is our biggest challenge. No curse flimflam, just that we haven't adapted at all to that place yet, even with some exposure last season. And by the time we do, we'll be playing major catch up.

We look mentally weak at home at the moment. Teams with pace will expose us. Our build up play is currently very slow too, which isn't tiring out teams on the larger pitch as we should do.

It's the one area of our game that wasn't addressed properly in the transfer window...unless Poch sees Aurier's arrival and Rose's return as the answer.

Back