• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It was deemed safe enough in August for test events for up to 40,000 people to be scheduled, so it's not inconceivable that it would have been deemed safe enough to hold 62,000 a few weeks later, had the wiring not proved 'problematic'.

It was deemed safe enough in August for test events for up to 40,000 people to be scheduled, so it's not inconceivable that it would have been deemed safe enough to hold 62,000 a few weeks later, had the wiring not proved 'problematic'.

I have lost track with those test events; did that test event take place last summer?

I have lost track with those test events; did that test event take place last summer?

One of the smaller ones did, not the two larger ones. But my point was the club would have needed Haringey sign-off, and possibly sign off from other authorities, to be able to schedule them. I can't see that being given if there was no realistic chance of the stadium being safe enough to host them. Just an opinion, not based on any specific knowledge of the build.

Excuse me for butting in here but from what @Grays_1890 is saying his friend said it wasn't safe enough for holding events where you'd need to get mass numbers in or out of the stadium safely. He didn't say anything about it being FINISHED from a cosmetic point of view in itself.

What he has written seems quite plausible as if what we have done since was just about it being cosmetically finished (and not about major construction needing to be completed to get safety certifications etc); after all wouldn't we have opened by now if it was only about cosmetic finishes? We are losing millions every game we have to go to Wembley...

Out of interest, did you visit the stadium yourself during last summer around the time when @Grays_1890 friend was working at the stadium?

You can't wall off stairs and places where their were no rails and wires hanging down into important areas in the club. Clubs postpone games because of snow being a hazard on paths in and around the stadium they are responsible for, surely by the same token used by Kandi they could deal with that? Health and Safety isnt something companies are going to or be alowed to take for granted.

Chris Cowlin was deluded when he was filming days before the original delay announcement saying "I am confident we are opening on time"

Just snap-grabbed the rest of that thread for those without twitter :

View attachment 5719

Would be good to hear @Bedfordspurs take on this.

a big issue is one company doing the design and one company employing them....

How you would fix the wrong heads I’ll never Know although their normally a screw fit

Still say we THFC will be paying for all of this and doing a contra claim

It’s why I don’t expect us to spend on jan until we know what we have to spend on the ground

If the stadium is ready come March, why can't we open against Arsenal?

Oh sure, police and security are worried about issues involving crowd trouble. There'll be no trouble from Spurs fans, so if the only likely source of trouble on the day is from the Popguns support, there's a simple solution. Don't have them in.

Yes, it's that fcukin' easy. Don't have any away fans in. Just let the stadium open in an orderly manner and put off all issues with Arsenal until next season, by which time, the place will be running like a Swiss watch.

Sure, it will only be fair for Spurs fans to have to miss a game at the Emptycrate in 2020. So what? Well worth it if it means getting the stadium open on March 2.

I blame us for not reaching 1000 pages before the announcement. If we'd done that, we'd be playing Manure at NWHL on Sunday.

I don't really understand all the technical construction talk. It sounds like they are trying to retrofit safety systems, which sound surprising/difficult.

If there is anyone who does have expert knowledge would it be possible for them to explain in non-construction/engineering language. Their opinion on:

1) What has actually gone wrong and why;
2) Who is responsible - theoretically - while being careful not to libel anyone;
3) What this means in practical terms re sorting it out. (Task and time).

Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I blame us for not reaching 1000 pages before the announcement. If we'd done that, we'd be playing Manure at NWHL on Sunday.
Exactly. Levy took one look at this thread and thought - they just don’t want it enough, a few more games at Wembley they’ll be so desperate they won’t even mind when I add £2 on the pints and 20% on next seasons tickets.

Back