• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Also City already announced that the new seating is to facilitate the fan that can only afford £300 for a season ticket.

The-cast-of-Shameless-a-t-001.jpg

I just can't see UEFA handling all the schemes and challenging them in a legally sustainable manner. The people pouring billions into their football clubs can afford top lawyers.

At the moment City have gone for one giant scheme (the Eastlands sponsorship) and several mid-sized ones (all in the family). But if they follow the United model and get regional sponsorships in specific areas (e.g. the official Nigerian Telecoms sponsor, the official Cambodian Fish Sauce, etc.), it will be impossible to find real market values and make it stick. I hope to be wrong.

Eh. We'll probably finish it by 2020, with a 56k capacity, and proudly open it only to find that nothing has changed in our relative position, because City, Chelsea and Liverpool have all expanded/changed their stadiums in the intervening time and so have left us exactly where we were before.

Sigh. It still amazes me that talk of a new stadium started in 2001. Eleven years ago. And still we haven't stuck a single pole in the ground, or laid a single foundation stone.

Not by Levy it didn't He specifically stated at the time something along the lines that the new stadium would have to wait, because the priority was getting the club competing at the top level again. Can't remember which year it was the first plans for a new stadium were released but it was towards the latter end of the Noughties, so that's when the serious talk started.

And I don't know whether you've noticed but there's been a slight problem with the economy since. Given the club has to be self-financing, how else is it supposed to fund a new stadium if the markets won't lend the money* at less than exhorbitant rates.

*Unless of course you have a few quid in your back pocket to spare? :lol:

Last edited:

Not by Levy it didn't He specifically stated at the time something along the lines that the new stadium would have to wait, because the priority was getting the club competing at the top level again. Can't remember which year it was the first plans for a new stadium were released but it was towards the latter end of the Noughties, so that's when the serious talk started.

And I don't know whether you've noticed but there's been a slight problem with the economy since. Given the club has to be self-financing, how else is it supposed to fund a new stadium if the markets won't lend the money* at less than exhorbitant rates.

I'm sure in his opening statement he told all listening that the stadium and infrastructure was on his agenda to get done.

I have a Snickers bar wrapper, two quarters and a bus ticket from 2011 in said pocket. I'd still like to think I'm an emir of hearts and minds, though. :)

No, I see your point about the economy, but honestly, the years preceding that were filled with some of the easiest-to-obtain credit this country had ever seen. Surely what seems unfeasible now would have seemed genuinely easy back in 2006-2008, when everyone from Barclays to your local drug dealer would offer you the chance to get an exclusive credit line and the media were falling over themselves to anoint the Premier League as the greatest thing football had ever seen?

Not saying he should have done it then (and burdened the club with debts we probably couldn't carry as the economic winds changed), but the project has gone through various stages of feasibility without ever really seeming within reach. Not blaming anyone for it, just marveling at that fact.

I'm sure in his opening statement he told all listening that the stadium and infrastructure was on his agenda to get done.

Levy and ENIC made their priorities clear from the start:

First, and most important, make Spurs a consistently competitive and attractive team. Without that, nothing else would be worth a damn (from either a fan's perspective or that of an owner with an eye for profit).

Second, build a world class training ground and academy.

Third, build a world class stadium.

So while there might always have been talk about ENIC eventually tackling the stadium problem (though to be honest, there was little need for a greatly increased capacity back in 2001), it was always considered to be the last piece of the puzzle.

Premier League football club Emirates Marketing Project FC is rolling out high-density WiFi at its Etihad stadium, allowing fans to use their mobile devices to surf the web and to share their live event experiences.

In the coming weeks, the 47,000-seat stadium will be wired up with Cisco’s Connected Stadium Wi-Fi solution, which was also used to provide connectivity within the main stadium at the London Olympics.

The high-density WiFi network will be delivered by mobile operator O2, which will equip the Etihad Stadium with technology that significantly improves mobile phone connectivity, allowing fans to make calls and send text messages without interruption

Fans will also be able to use the service to surf the web on their mobile phones and share their live event experiences or to interact with football fans around the world via social media platforms.

“As a Club that is passionate about innovation and prides itself on constantly looking for ways to enhance our supporters’ experience at the Etihad Stadium, we feel we have found the perfect solution with O2 and Cisco,” said Tom Glick, Chief Commercial & Operating Officer for Emirates Marketing Project Football Club.

“Live games and concerts are highly enjoyable social events and we are delighted to be able to offer supporters a system that allows them to better utilise their own mobile devices when at the Stadium.”

In the near future, Emirates Marketing Project plans to offer StadiumVision Mobile to all fans, which is capable of delivering live video and relevant event information to fans’ mobile devices with minimal delay. It can also provide multiple channels of unique content, such as a replay channel, an alternate angle view channel, and a dynamic data channel.

“We will soon be able to provide full talk and texting capabilities, while paving the way for exciting new mobile data applications and services – such as mobile video – that will ensure a visit to the Etihad Stadium continues to be one of the best sports experiences available anywhere in the world,” said Glick.

Paul Lawton, General Manager of SMB at O2 added: “The underpinning ICT delivery is something we are really excited to be working on, and will result in the provision of high-speed connection anywhere in the stadium for fans.”

Earlier this year, Techworld reported that Liverpool FC is deploying wireless arrays from networking company Xirrus at Anfield Stadium. The first phase of the deployment covers the two-tier, 12,000-seat Centenary Stand and adjoining corporate facilities, enabling fans to access and share digital content during games

I dont even get a 3G signal at WHL before, during or after the game !!!! the above would be great

There was an article from a couple of years back talking about how we would add all that stuff into our new stadium and look at innovative ways of delivering content etc so it will get picked up at a later date.

Levy and ENIC made their priorities clear from the start:

First, and most important, make Spurs a consistently competitive and attractive team. Without that, nothing else would be worth a damn (from either a fan's perspective or that of an owner with an eye for profit).

Second, build a world class training ground and academy.

Third, build a world class stadium.

So while there might always have been talk about ENIC eventually tackling the stadium problem (though to be honest, there was little need for a greatly increased capacity back in 2001), it was always considered to be the last piece of the puzzle.

Your quoting the spin after the Jol debacle and Levy's only panic moment as Chairman. In his inaugural speech when he first became chairman he talked about the stadium and infrastructure at the forefront of his ambitions. I think we have had this conversation before on here, I put up his statement from that time detailing what he said saying the stadium was an important issue should the club want to grow.

When he took over from David Buchler full time, they had planning permission to build from 36k to 44k.

Last edited:

I have never understood why the club doesn't do a text competition, send a text cost £1, and winner out of the hat gets season ticket paid for or £1000 cash. All they have to do is put the number on the advertising or big screen, similar to when people donate to children in need etc. There would only be 19 winners, and surely the club would get more than the 19k in return.

Last edited:

if expanding the capacity was not a priority after already knowing that the Arse were building and moving to a new stadium then thats poor from the people in charge of Spurs

Premier League football club Emirates Marketing Project FC is rolling out high-density WiFi at its Etihad stadium, allowing fans to use their mobile devices to surf the web and to share their live event experiences.

In the coming weeks, the 47,000-seat stadium will be wired up with Cisco’s Connected Stadium Wi-Fi solution, which was also used to provide connectivity within the main stadium at the London Olympics.

The high-density WiFi network will be delivered by mobile operator O2, which will equip the Etihad Stadium with technology that significantly improves mobile phone connectivity, allowing fans to make calls and send text messages without interruption

Fans will also be able to use the service to surf the web on their mobile phones and share their live event experiences or to interact with football fans around the world via social media platforms.

“As a Club that is passionate about innovation and prides itself on constantly looking for ways to enhance our supporters’ experience at the Etihad Stadium, we feel we have found the perfect solution with O2 and Cisco,” said Tom Glick, Chief Commercial & Operating Officer for Emirates Marketing Project Football Club.

“Live games and concerts are highly enjoyable social events and we are delighted to be able to offer supporters a system that allows them to better utilise their own mobile devices when at the Stadium.”

In the near future, Emirates Marketing Project plans to offer StadiumVision Mobile to all fans, which is capable of delivering live video and relevant event information to fans’ mobile devices with minimal delay. It can also provide multiple channels of unique content, such as a replay channel, an alternate angle view channel, and a dynamic data channel.

“We will soon be able to provide full talk and texting capabilities, while paving the way for exciting new mobile data applications and services – such as mobile video – that will ensure a visit to the Etihad Stadium continues to be one of the best sports experiences available anywhere in the world,” said Glick.

Paul Lawton, General Manager of SMB at O2 added: “The underpinning ICT delivery is something we are really excited to be working on, and will result in the provision of high-speed connection anywhere in the stadium for fans.”

Earlier this year, Techworld reported that Liverpool FC is deploying wireless arrays from networking company Xirrus at Anfield Stadium. The first phase of the deployment covers the two-tier, 12,000-seat Centenary Stand and adjoining corporate facilities, enabling fans to access and share digital content during games

I dont even get a 3G signal at WHL before, during or after the game !!!! the above would be great

In other words, do anything but actually watch, cheer, chant or sing. No wonder atmosphere is evaporating at football matches. People can't put two hours of their lives aside to live in the moment.

Ah well, there'll be an app to correct that soon.

does anyone else think...the 56000 is falling short in capacity with 42000 on the waiting list....+offcourse then there are others like myself who cannot manage to get to the ground every single time we play at home...because of work etc...

does anyone else think...the 56000 is falling short in capacity with 42000 on the waiting list....+offcourse then there are others like myself who cannot manage to get to the ground every single time we play at home...because of work etc...

Although there is 42k on the waiting list. I would say a high percentage of the people on that list are Bronze members purely for the smaller other benefits and probably do not require an ST.
Think 56k is a good starting point, providing there is an option for an uplift.

If they can build a dortmund type of stand behind a goal we can have 60000 plus if safe standing be allowed without any extra expense in future years.

Back